app:compressReleaseAssets error

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
alisa1

app:compressReleaseAssets error

#1 Post by alisa1 »

Hello, I was trying to create an building package in renpy, and I got this message, and I don't know what to do to solve it. Can someone help me please?. thank you.

Code: Select all

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:compressReleaseAssets'.
> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.CompressAssetsWorkAction
   > Required array size too large

* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.
> Get more help at https://help.gradle.org.

BUILD FAILED in 29s
68 actionable tasks: 10 executed, 58 up-to-date

plastiekk
Regular

Re: app:compressReleaseAssets error

#2 Post by plastiekk »

alisa1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:24 pm

Code: Select all

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:compressReleaseAssets'.
> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.CompressAssetsWorkAction
   > Required array size too large
Maybe your game is too big for graddle to compress (sounds like out of memory error aswell?!), it doesn't work if your game is > 2GB as far as I know.

If this is the case, try compressing your image files. instead of .png use .jpg or .webp if transparence is used.
The same with large audio files, convert them for example to .ogg or .mp3 (at 128 kbps, the audio will sound a bit muffled but the file size will shrink enormously).
Why on earth did I put the bread in the fridge?