[OPEN][VOLUNTEER] Looking to make a demo for Otome Jam!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
LadyStrangedev
itch: ladystrangedev

[OPEN][VOLUNTEER] Looking to make a demo for Otome Jam!

#1 Post by LadyStrangedev »

Hello! We are a writer/programmer duo looking for a team for the upcoming Otome/Josei Jam. It will be a rom-com dating sim with some satirical elements, and a strong Christmas theme. If we make a solid demo, we may try to release the project commercially, but for now, the project is volunteer. We hope to get to the point where we can share revenue!

We are looking for:
  • Character Artist
    Background Artist
    UI Designer
Summary: Joy McClain never wanted to go back to Holly Village. After twenty years growing up in the Christmas-obsessed town, surrounded with her toxic family, she thinks she’s had enough for one lifetime and is content to live her workaholic life in the city. But when her mother unexpectedly passes away, Joy decides to return home to help her aunt (and only in-contact relative) manage her grief and run her annual Christmas flower stand.

At first skeptical, Joy slowly begins to reacclimate to her old home’s small-town atmosphere and rediscover her passion for floral arrangements. She also meets some old and new friends (and frenemies) and begins to build genuine connections with them… and, possibly, some cutesy Christmas romances. But some of the townsfolk, namely her resentful tradwife sister, Misty, aren’t so happy to see her back. Can Joy reclaim her life in Holly Village without falling into its darker side? And, most importantly, which small-town crush will win the city girl’s heart?

meliandur
itch: meliandur
Discord: meliandur#2229

Re: [OPEN][VOLUNTEER] Looking to make a demo for Otome Jam!

#2 Post by meliandur »

Hello, I'm interested in the background artist position! I'm mainly a character artist but I do have experience creating backgrounds for visual novels.
I made the background for an O2A2 project (you can find it here: https://baphomet-games.itch.io/rise-and-shine-lab-rat) and did all of the art in my own game that I created last February (you can find it here: https://meliandur.itch.io/pov-youre-bored).
Both of those examples were done in a rush because of the deadlines set for each game and they are also both in a similar simple/cartoon-ish style, so they might not be what you are looking for, but I enjoy experimenting with lots of different art styles so I can be pretty flexible in order for it to fit the vibe of the game! :)
My Discord is @meliandur if you would prefer to contact me via that.