LOVERGIRL LIV (DEMO) [Dating Sim] [Yandere]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
niho
itch: nihomi
Discord: niho#0953

LOVERGIRL LIV (DEMO) [Dating Sim] [Yandere]

#1 Post by niho »

Hi! I made a game for NaNoRenO/Yandere Jam 2024 (though it's more a proof of concept than anything at the moment...) Here are the basics:

After years of wishing for a girlfriend, you've landed a date with a cute girl! Can you earn her love, and more importantly... can you handle it?

DEMO FEATURES
  • 8k+ words
  • Multiple endings
  • Nameable MC
  • Achievements

SCREENSHOTS

WARNING: PLAYER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

See the itch.io page for more info and downloads.

This game is a lot more complex than my last one so having exactly one playtester (myself) isn't ideal... By posting here, I'm mainly hoping to iron out bugs/typos/etc. but also get some feedback on the story and gameplay loop.

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
  • As you can see the synopsis is very simple and straightforward (and intentionally so), but is it enough to make you want to play? If not, what sort of details would you like to know?
  • What do you find appealing about yanderes in visual novels (but also in general)? What do you think makes a good yandere route/character?
  • If you've played the demo, did you get every ending? What did you think of them?
Any and all feedback is much appreciated, and I'm happy to answer any questions about the project. Thanks for reading! :D