How do you make an interactable phone?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
krisisNotcover_
Projects: Outer Worldly Shenanigans
Organization: N/A
Tumblr: krisisnotcoverlu
Discord: vclisa.

How do you make an interactable phone?

#1 Post by krisisNotcover_ »

How do you make an interactable phone? Where you're able to scroll and stuff, just like Nighten's! I'm quite new to coding and I've watched a tutorial on how to add it but whenever the Main Character would text, it would always appear like this. I read through the comments and it seems some other people have the same problem.
Thank you. :)
image.png
(1.22 MiB) Not downloaded yet
krisisnotherecOver!

m_from_space
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: How do you make an interactable phone?

#2 Post by m_from_space »

krisisNotcover_ wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 am How do you make an interactable phone? Where you're able to scroll and stuff, just like Nighten's! I'm quite new to coding and I've watched a tutorial on how to add it but whenever the Main Character would text, it would always appear like this. I read through the comments and it seems some other people have the same problem.
Thank you. :)
image.png
Your question is quite big for just a Renpy help forum I would say. If you really want to figure out what Nighten's phone code is doing wrong or maybe you are doing wrong, then you might want to figure out some things first and post relevant code here.

Other than that you maybe should play around with Renpy without the phone version for a while and therefore get an idea on how things work exactly. Or ask people on places, that actually use that specific code base.