small question regarding layered image calling

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Anastimafilia
Regular
itch: anastimafilia
Discord: Anastimafilia#1400

small question regarding layered image calling

#1 Post by Anastimafilia »

I know I can call a certain layer with @ if I want it to be shown only once, I've been told I can also hide with - like the code below but this never works for me

Code: Select all

v happy "My name is Veronica, I was born on the 2nd of February, my favorite color is purple! I know, it's pretty obvious... I love desserts, cheesy action movies, attending live events and doing origami."

v -happyl "My hobbies include doing crossword puzzles, cooking, playing volleyball and listening to music as I go to sleep."

jeffster
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: small question regarding layered image calling

#2 Post by jeffster »

Anastimafilia wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:26 pm I know I can call a certain layer with @ if I want it to be shown only once, I've been told I can also hide with - like the code below but this never works for me

Code: Select all

v happy "My name is Veronica, I was born on the 2nd of February, my favorite color is purple! I know, it's pretty obvious... I love desserts, cheesy action movies, attending live events and doing origami."

v -happyl "My hobbies include doing crossword puzzles, cooking, playing volleyball and listening to music as I go to sleep."
There is an error: adding "happy" but removing "happyl". The actual syntax is explained here:
https://renpy.org/doc/html/dialogue.htm ... attributes

and you can try to test those examples in an empty (new) project.
If the problem is solved, please edit the original post and add [SOLVED] to the title. 8)