English Otome or G x B games?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Aquane
Veteran

English Otome or G x B games?

#1 Post by Aquane »

Dating sims, visual novels or anything. As long as it is targeted for girls :) I am just searching for some... Though please do not suggest anything on newgrounds, Nummyz, or anything by Pacthesis on deviantart. I know these all too well haha... I love Nummyz and Pacthesis though~

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: English Otome or G x B games?

#2 Post by papillon »

Commercial: Yo-Jin-Bo, Fatal Hearts, Heileen, Princess Debut

Free: http://renai.us/category/GxB

Aquane
Veteran

#3 Post by Aquane »

Thanks for directing me there~ I have played a couple of those games too. Though I see some I have not tried yet on the G x B list ^.^

IceD
Veteran

#4 Post by IceD »

As far as I know, Otome game fanbase isn't large, but there are already few interesting translations going on, but it will propably take some time, before those games will be playable in english. Alhough I'm not into Otome games (because I'm a male), those two look really promising - http://vndb.org/v1282 and http://vndb.org/v1289. I'd bookmark them, if I were you :)

At least if not for the nice stories (which IMO are still far better than most of lastly developed VN's), I'd love to play the second for the art (such a wonderful interface <3) :D Under the Moon looks really interesting :) Also, play some vn's from here - there are few, which are at least worth trying :)

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by lepapillonrouge »

First off, Pacthesis is awesome XD! I'll always be a fan of Haru~!

Secondly, well, there is a couple of otome games here that have been made recently that I personally like.
I see that you've played Fantasia, which would've been my first recommendation...XD

Another one you might like that just came out in February is Re:Alistair ++. It's a shorter game, with online gaming revenge, megane-san, adorable Japanese boy, and blonde jock guy :D And an awesome protagonist :)

I think there's more, but that's the one I've personally played.
There's also some otome games in development in the WIP section (mine included -_- Must finish demo!)

Additionally, if you have game consoles, the Harvest Moon series is pretty good. :) Princess Debut was fun too.
I think Spirited Heart is an otome game as well, but it's commericial :) There is a flash demo floating around in the Completed Games secion.
deviantART
---------------------

Nanally

#6 Post by Nanally »

I don't know if you are okay with a commercial game ?
But as I am also a fan of Otome game and I have enjoyed it I thought it could be the same for you ^^

http://en.datingsim.com/ it is entitled Lovely juliet, you can try the first episode before buying the others. You play the role of Juliet and the main purpose is to seduce a boy ( there is only one boy you can chase after :p). It is full of jokes and I found it refreshing and entertaining :D

The first season is complete and they are currently making a second one (but there isn't many informations about it). I hope this is the kind of game you are looking for!

victorita9
Regular

#7 Post by victorita9 »

Nanally wrote:I don't know if you are okay with a commercial game ?
But as I am also a fan of Otome game and I have enjoyed it I thought it could be the same for you ^^

http://en.datingsim.com/ it is entitled Lovely juliet, you can try the first episode before buying the others. You play the role of Juliet and the main purpose is to seduce a boy ( there is only one boy you can chase after :p). It is full of jokes and I found it refreshing and entertaining :D

The first season is complete and they are currently making a second one (but there isn't many informations about it). I hope this is the kind of game you are looking for!
unfortunatly about lovely Juliet is that it does not have a community and the one they do have is in french. nanally have you played passed episode 3 because i have a question for you if you did.

Nanally

#8 Post by Nanally »

Yes I have played to all the episodes available and I truly enjoyed the game. But unfortunately even the French community is not truly active..

If you have any questions feel free to ask, maybe in pm because of spoiler :)

victorita9
Regular

#9 Post by victorita9 »

I register for the lovely juliet in french even though i don't know the language (thank you Google translator!) and it said i had to be an active member and i cannot because i do not know french. you are my last hope so ill pm the question to you.

kantocan1
Regular

#10 Post by kantocan1 »

Um, have you tried some commercial ones like Date Warp or non commercial like Fantasia: The Realm of Thanos or Re:Alistair++, you probably have tried that though, a site that might be good is this: http://vndb.org/

I love otome/ G x B games myself, even if i'm a male, cuz i can't find any new good B X G games haha, also because i read the Twilight Saga
I love GxB/Otome games! (Same thing really).

Anyone here like Bleach?

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by lepapillonrouge »

kantocan1: You sir, are awesome.

...well, in other news Pacthesis announced she's working on a new dating sim...
deviantART
---------------------

kantocan1
Regular

#12 Post by kantocan1 »

lepapillonrouge wrote:kantocan1: You sir, are awesome.

...well, in other news Pacthesis announced she's working on a new dating sim...
Wait, awesome? Really? COOOL!

------------edit----------------
Whos Pacthesis?
I love GxB/Otome games! (Same thing really).

Anyone here like Bleach?

Zumi
Regular

#13 Post by Zumi »

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Like the greatest flash otome game maker EVER! -shot-

Her games have more of a Re: Alistair ++ vibe, if you like that.

Zumi: When I read the word 'Pacthesis', I heard the voice of the guy who says the name in the beginning of her sims. XD
deviantART
---------------------

Zumi
Regular

#15 Post by Zumi »

@Rogue: I imagine the same thing. XD