SUPER REN'PY WARS - Creating a devteam

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

SUPER REN'PY WARS - Creating a devteam

#1 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Super Ren'Py Wars: OEG is an utterly ludicrous tactical roleplaying game in the vein of Super Robot Wars Battle Moon Wars, where the shining stars of the Ren'Py OELVN world do battle against sinister forces from... well, pretty much all of the associated games, and then a bullshit Space Flea Out Of Nowhere (coff the Angels coff Angra Manyu coff) that's been organizing them. Just like Super Robot Wars Battle Moon Wars! :lol:

It will feature:
  • Playable characters drawn from beloved Ren'Py games such as Moonlight Walks, Elven Relations, Ori~Ochi~Onoe, and Katawa Shoujo!
  • Ludicrous cutscene attacks!
  • A story that actually makes some kind of sense, bizzarely enough!
  • Either a cost of $0 dollars OR $15.00, but all of the proceeds go to Py'Tom for further development of Ren'Py!
  • EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!
Note: We can only allow characters in this game that the creators of those characters explicitly allow us to include. This might mean that KS or O~O~O will not be appearing: part of this is politely asking people if thier games can be included. It DEFINTELY means that fangames with characters not original to that game are RIGHT OUT.

We'll need to actually get 1) Organized, 2) a devteam with specialized roles, and 3) a place to discuss this beyond the Ren'Py boards if we actually want to get to 4) ???? and 5) Hilarious fun, so what we'd need are:
  • Producer - Probably me.
  • Programmer/s I can bash the keyboard in Ren'Py a little, but we'll probably need more experienced programmers too.
  • Writers I can do this, but having path/team writers is probably a Good Thing.
  • Tile Artists
  • Battle Artists
  • Cutscene Artists
  • Concept Artists I can also do this, but I'm not that good at it.
Let's do this crazy thing! Just For Fun, of course.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh hai, I gots you a wiki. Join the Super Ren'Py Wars wiki, my fellow developers; you'll be awful glad you did.
Last edited by Tsundere Lightning on Wed May 19, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

Re: SUPER REN'PY WARS - Creating a devteam

#2 Post by linkdragon0 »

I could write an arc or two if ya need me to do it.
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Good to have you aboard, linkdragon.

Also, what games would you consider part of the 'canon' of Ren'Py? Moonlight Walks, the Question, yes, but other than that?
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

linkdragon0
Veteran

#4 Post by linkdragon0 »

Hmmm... Well I'm not really sure what the definition of "canon of renpy" is.

Do we have any requirements?

I think magical boutique maybe? It's talked about a lot when it comes to Renpy discussions.

I'll try and come up with more but so far I got nothing else.

Enigma
Veteran

#5 Post by Enigma »

Crap! I'd really like to help, but my hands are currently full. I'm already dual-weilding projects, I don't want to take on too much. Beh, who cares, I suppose you could put me on standby, just in case, if you can't fill a writing position, I'll do it.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Magibou is definitely in, pending the go-ahead of it's creator: Framboise would be a support character. Spirit Abilities (to use SRW's name for activated support abilities) would have to include "Trust" (heal an ally up to 2000 hp) and "Mercy" (any attack that would defeat an enemy instead leaves them at 10 hp; useful for granting another character a kill); actual attacks are probably her throwing various noxious or cursed potions at foes, lowering their attack/defense/evasion/movement or whatever and doing very little damage.
Timothy Talia, Cassandra and Ethan from my own Transformation Sequence are in; possibly Greg, Alex and Lisa from same. They suck until their morale rises to the point where they can transform into magical girls/a dork with a sword in a tuxedo. ...No, really. At that point, they own so long as you can keep up their energy.

I'll PM the creator of the OELVN Pygmalion to see if he's cool with the TS characters as the Venus Warriors from his game (which my VN referenced); and if he's also cool with 'Andrew Higgens' (the author of Venus Warriors) and Victoria Dult (just play Pygmalion, it's cool even if the graphics are QUALITY by the authors own admission) from that VN.

Bliss Stage characters are in, as well. They pilot 'real robots' that hit like 'super robots;' glass cannons with Final Fantasy 7 summons for weapons, mad dodging skills, low hit points, and (if they're melee characters) deflector shields. They also heavily depend on high morale.

List of people I need to PM:
mikey (Ori~Ochi~Onoe and way too many others)
Chronoluminare (When I Rule The World, Elven Relations)
Mr E. (Pygmalion)
Jinzou Tamashii (the Nexiverse)
Peorth from the Katawa Shoujo boards (Katawa Shoujo)
Spiky Caterpillar (Science Girls)
monele (Magibou)

linkdragon0
Veteran

#7 Post by linkdragon0 »

Stinks we can't put WIP characters in, my magical girl story would fit in with epic win.

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#8 Post by cloudyssky »

linkdragon0 wrote:Stinks we can't put WIP characters in, my magical girl story would fit in with epic win.
As would one of my characters. Perhaps later one there could be a part II to this, "SUPER REN'PY WARS - CHARACTERS THAT ARE STILL IN PROGRESS". I like the sound of that.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

linkdragon0
Veteran

#9 Post by linkdragon0 »

That would be epic.

Giant chainsaw sword and sniper rifles combined with super cute magical girls and one magical girl robot.

I'd love to get them in the game.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

linkdragon0 wrote:Stinks we can't put WIP characters in, my magical girl story would fit in with epic win.
While I'd prefer to not put WIP characters in, saying 'no' flat out would be hypocritical (cough Bliss Stage coming out soon cough Transformation Sequence cough). So that would be fine with me so long as you're making steady progress on it.

What I can't include, flat out, are characters not original to a Ren'Py game: I don't care how well received your Ren'Py VN Fate/Lol Whut is, it has Type-Moon characters in it instead of your own so we can't use it.

linkdragon0
Veteran

#11 Post by linkdragon0 »

All my characters are original but I have no sprite art, I do have sketches.

It'd be awesome to have Azami and Bara fight in Ren'py wars.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

PyTom wrote:So, the basic plot is:
Characters from released games versus characters from unreleased games?
Discuss.

linkdragon0
Veteran

#13 Post by linkdragon0 »

I can see eileen saying, "why is it that so many of you never see the light of day?!"

Sounds like a great plot.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

To be fair,
they are being manipulated by the True Enemy (OF COURSE!) - ideas on who that is? I'm tempted to say Saber, Shirou, Rin and Archer - we're a hundred years too young to challenge Type-Moon, after all - but I'd much prefer an enemy drawn from a Ren'Py game.

linkdragon0
Veteran

#15 Post by linkdragon0 »

Yeah, I think that's a funny idea for the bad guys.

We don't have many VNs with real antagonists do we?

My magical girl one has an evil organization that screws the rules because they have money... but my game seriously not close to being done so I doubt we could use them.

Uh... Not sure... Maybe make it C++?

(that last part is a joke.)