Love ♡ GET!! [WIP] [GxB] {Revived!}

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
sheetcakeghost
Veteran

Re: ★ Project: Dating Sim [for girls]★ {Recruiting!} Updated

#61 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Please don't tempt us with clowns, Aleema. We might actually do it.

Ya know, I don't actually mind the idea of having a nice mature character to romance. In fact, we've never thought about the barkeep's age. Then again it may not work well if he's older than the MC. Hmmm...we DO need a brit though. Maybe the nurse?

Hyda
Regular
Projects: Love ♡ GET!!

#62 Post by Hyda »

You're so impressionable! But then, so is every game-maker at this stage in development. :3
Now to convince you to cater to my clown fetish ... :lol:

xD I think that's just the type of person I am. I always try to make others happy - and when it comes to games I think that is especially important. It's important to listen to your audience~ but I'm not so knowledgable about all of this since it's my first game. xD;

Clown fetish LOL. How did you guess the super secret character? D: -doomdoom-
Kidding. : P
Please don't tempt us with clowns, Aleema. We might actually do it.

Ya know, I don't actually mind the idea of having a nice mature character to romance. In fact, we've never thought about the barkeep's age. Then again it may not work well if he's older than the MC. Hmmm...we DO need a brit though. Maybe the nurse?
I agree. It would probably actually happen if it was really wanted enough lol xD

The nurse might make a fun brit. But still not so sure. xD; I'll get on skype later and see if we can work out some more of the details~ We could also work on that older character. :3

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#63 Post by sayuri »

Oh please god no clowns :shock:. Clowns are creepy :( .

I dunno if you are still taking suggestions but maybe the bookworm could have an older brother that works as the librarian. But he's a sexy librarian that is older and a intelligent badass. On the inside though, he just works at the library to watch over his little brother :wink:. Yeah, I want everybody to be a tsundere (don't listen to me though :P).

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Riviera »

Yes, please god no clowns. No mimes, either.

What I would like to see is a badass who's secretly a nerd. Like a punk rocker that cosplays and plays MMOs, or a school idol who spends his spare time reading science books and looking in microscopes.
serenity-blue wrote:I dunno if we could. We've already got a nurse and a TA so it might be repetitive that way.

OMG THE DOCTOR! .......no.....no we can't....no....
If it was done in some VN at some point in time.. the results could be either incredibly amazing or horrific beyond measure.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Hyda
Regular

#65 Post by Hyda »

sayuri wrote:Oh please god no clowns :shock:. Clowns are creepy :( .

I dunno if you are still taking suggestions but maybe the bookworm could have an older brother that works as the librarian. But he's a sexy librarian that is older and a intelligent badass. On the inside though, he just works at the library to watch over his little brother :wink:. Yeah, I want everybody to be a tsundere (don't listen to me though :P).
XD That librarian idea is actually a good idea. I could have him and his brother both have a huge competition with winning the MC's heart. XD; Bwahaha. -cough-
Ahh.. lots to think about now. x)
Riviera wrote:What I would like to see is a badass who's secretly a nerd. Like a punk rocker that cosplays and plays MMOs, or a school idol who spends his spare time reading science books and looking in microscopes.
I love characters that have that little 'twist' in them. x) Don't think I have any like that though in this. ;A; -Kind of-, but not.. like that. xD;

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#66 Post by sheetcakeghost »

sayuri wrote:Oh please god no clowns :shock:. Clowns are creepy :( .

That's actually a really good idea. (Totally didn't see that Hyda already said this before me.)
Riviera wrote:What I would like to see is a badass who's secretly a nerd. Like a punk rocker that cosplays and plays MMOs, or a school idol who spends his spare time reading science books and looking in microscopes.
We've totally got you covered on that. No worries.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#67 Post by sake-bento »

Aleema wrote: Now to convince you to cater to my clown fetish ... :lol:
foraleema.jpg
Don't ask. I don't know. (Ignore the fact that I misspelled "kira.")

That aside, Hyda, everyone is flooding you with ideas, which is great, but since this IS your game, you do get veto power. Do your best to make a cohesive game with characters that make sense and fit together and tell a full story. If you can't fit in an idea, even if you like it, that's okay. There will be more games in the future. It's better than trying to cram in all the good stuff and winding up with a mess.
Last edited by sake-bento on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#68 Post by VenusEclipse »

Sake, that clown pic makes me want to see a guy doing a part-time job, and is embarrassed he's dressed as a clown. But since no one knows it's him (even the main character), he gains the confidence to come up and give you a flower. ;)
It's weird, adorable, sweet and just plain funky.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Riviera »

Yeah, that's true, sake's right. I'm sure whatever does end up in the game, you'll do a good job. As long as YOU like it, that's what's important. If you like it, it'll show. :)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Hyda
Regular

#70 Post by Hyda »

sake-bento wrote:
That aside, Hyda, everyone is flooding you with ideas, which is great, but since this IS your game, you do get veto power. Do your best to make a cohesive game with characters that make sense and fit together and tell a full story. If you can't fit in an idea, even if you like it, that's okay. There will be more games in the future. It's better than trying to cram in all the good stuff and winding up with a mess.
Ahh that picture! xD I like the flower. Anyway.. Ah, thank you. ^^; That's true.. There will surely be more games in the future, so if all of the ideas can't fit into this one now - there's always later. 8D

I'd hate for this to turn into a mess. T~T

I'm really not used to getting all of this help though. ^o^; Normally I'm totally on my own with everything. I can't even begin telling everyone how thankful I am for all of the ideas and help they've presented.

:) I guess I shall thank them by making the game a really awesome one. x3
Riviera wrote: Yeah, that's true, sake's right. I'm sure whatever does end up in the game, you'll do a good job. As long as YOU like it, that's what's important. If you like it, it'll show.
:D Thank you! I feel super encouraged now!
I feel a little bad, though. I've been making slooooow progress with the character art. @__@; I realize these games aren't created quickly, but I need to at some point give myself some sort of pace. @@;

littleramyun
Regular
Projects: Don't Go Saiyuri!

#71 Post by littleramyun »

sake-bento wrote:
foraleema.jpg

@sake: Two Todds don't make a right.
Indie Game Localization and Distribution

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#72 Post by sheetcakeghost »

sake-bento wrote:foraleema.jpg
pffffffffHA haha haha haaaaa haha

Ahem. Well the idea of the clown part time job isn't totally unworkable. I can even think of somewhere it might fit in. Two somewheres, actually. I'll talk it out with the boss later to see if she thinks it'll work.

From what we've come up with so far you can expect some bits of bitter humor to shine through in this game. Gotta balance out all the sugar, you know. Other than that it's going to be a sweet romance littered with adult decisions. The whole point here is change so don't expect much to happen if you don't take a leap toward romance. Don't expect every relationship to work out just because you decided to follow their particular path either. Some decisions are pivotal to plot, but others are flavor options that will award a certain amount of points. If you don't get enough by the end of the game you probably won't get the best ending. We have no idea how we plan on actually implementing this feature. Anyone out there super good with coding?

ALSO we're totally going to be coming up with a production name soon. If it's as fun to make another as it has been to make this one so far we'll certainly be making more. Feel free to shoot us ideas for that. So far all we have is that the mascot may or may not be a panda.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Love ♡ GET!! [WIP] [GxB] {Recruiting!} Updated!!

#73 Post by azureXtwilight »

I am thinking of a part when the children actually make the clown fall, and then his disguise is ruined. He turns out to be one of the guys! Want to see the MC's reaction! :D

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

Re: Love ♡ GET!! [WIP] [GxB] {Recruiting!} Updated!!

#74 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Hmmm, yeah okay. Depending on which (if we do) of the two places we put this scene it'll be pretty different.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#75 Post by sake-bento »

littleramyun wrote:
sake-bento wrote:
foraleema.jpg

@sake: Two Todds don't make a right.
What about like a hundred of them?

Also, I didn't really expect anyone to take my clown thing seriously. >.>