[WIP] Snow White & Rose Red [Fairytale GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Starling
Regular
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:00 pm
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards
Location: Osaka
Contact:

[WIP] Snow White & Rose Red [Fairytale GxB]

#1 Post by Starling » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:21 am

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!
Update as of 3/09/14

So I originally came up with the idea for this story and the characters all the way back in 2009, then when I rediscovered OELVNs I realized that 100% that was the way I wanted to tell this story.

I've been off and on this game for around four years now... It's been a bunch of hitting walls and forcing myself until I hated it and wanted to throw things away. In 2011 I completely redid the art because I had hated it and that ended up being a bit of a breakthrough for me.

Obviously it's been a long time since I looked at this and I wanted to know why it fell apart for me and then I realized the source of pretty much all of my issues. So now I'm completely starting over story/gameplay wise.

The characters are still the same, but as of now, I have now added about five more. The original storyline, sans the sister issue, is still there as well, I've just added two more intertwining plots as well as completely utilizing a lot of background information I'd had lying around as pretty much easter eggs. The gameplay is no where near the same, however.

I'm already more excited to write this than I had EVER been. Obviously, until The Empty Orchestra is done, as it is my 2014 NaNoRenO, I can't touch this, but I most certainly will once I am finished. (Though Rock Robin, for very obvious reasons, will be my priority over this until we get Open Mode all cleaned up for Beta-ing)

Image
Synopsis:
Based on the Brother's Grimm Fairytale Snow White and Rose Red

Fraternal twins Snow White and Rose Red with their widowed Mother in a cottage in the middle of a forest in the Borderlands. Both girls and their Mother carry "gifts" which is rare, but cherished in the country of Teifer. Snow White has the gift of Communication which allows her to speak to all things and all languages. Rose Red carries the gift of Wildness, which means that animals are naturally attracted to her and she herself can resort to animalistic behaviors for survival. Their Mother has the gift of Understanding which allows her to know the true being and intentions of someone.

One winter night there is a knock at the door and the girls answer the door to find a bear outside asking to come in.
After this a series of events occur.
Mysterious wolf prints are found by the cottage and close to the village, frightening the villagers.
A mysterious stranger arrives, he seems to be watching the girls.
A goblin appears in the woods.

Plots within plots. Clashing ambitions. Why does the neighboring territory's Lord want to plow down the forest so badly? Who are the bear and the wolf? What do the stranger and goblin want? Why has their mother grown so overprotective?

Where are the Gods of the Forest?

Update:
3/9/14
Read major update at the top. Nixing the Demo Progress percentages for now since I'm not 100% sure where I stand due to completely restarting.

Demo Progress
Overall:

Sprites:
Backgrounds:
Event Graphics:

Script:
Coding:

Main Characters:
Image
Snow White
Snow White is the gentler of the two sisters. She is quiet and passive. During the Summer she stays inside most often, helping their Mother take care of the house. She does not do well with confrontation and often relies on her sister to be more outgoing.

She holds the gift of Communication.

Image
Rose Red
Rose Red is the wilder of the two sisters. She is outgoing and aggressive. During the Summer she stays outside most often, running through the woods is her favourite pastime. She tends to get angry very easily and relies on her sister to keep level headed.

She holds the gift of Wildness.

Image
Bear
A weary traveler whom stays the winter with the family. He is teasing and an overall jovial personality. He seems to be on a mission and searching or someone

Image
Wolf
A mysterious wolf who the girls have never seen in this part of the forest before. He doesn't seem to fear coming close to human settlements and has no pack.

Image
Donovan
A Goblin who has come to the forest. He seems to have a penchant for getting in trouble, but he is always ungrateful when the girls help him out. His hair is his vanity and wealth is his only ambition in life.

He is grouchy and seems to be up to something.

Side Characters:
Image
Mother
The Mother of the two girls. Though she is sad for the lose of her husband when the girls were young, she hides it and puts on a cheerful face. Because of her gift, the girls often cannot get away with many things and she always knows if someone means ill will towards her family.

She holds the gift of Understanding.
Mysterious Stranger
No one knows why he is, but he seems to have taken an interest in the girls. Rumor has it that he is apart of the rebel group who wishes to overthrow King Adder of Tiefer.

Lord Sycamore
Ruling Lord of the territory next to the Borderlands. His manor's village is the closest village to the girls and their mother. He has been campaigning with the villagers to clear a great part of the forest and Rose Red has been passionately protesting.

Aurore Sycamore
Lord Sycamore's only child, Aurore is often in the village. She and Rose Red are always fighting, especially with how Rose Red is constantly pitting herself against her father. She is incredibly intelligent, but the girls don't find her very trustworthy.

Gameplay: Due to still working out the kinks of how I want to do this, I don't really wish to say much about the new game mechanics. The old version had a bit of simulation elements to it, but I am getting rid of those. I can say, however, that you can no longer choose romances in the game. It's still there, but it's not a major part of the gameplay or story and it's only canonical relationships, sorry.

Features:
    2 Main Characters
    3 Major Paths (Bear, Wolf, Don)
    7 Endings at the least
    A Storybook Feeling

Screenshots:
Image


Staff:
Once I get to a point where I feel comfortable showing it off I will start asking for editors if Happy Backwards is too busy with RR

Writer: Starling
Programming: Starling, Aleema
Sprite Artist: Starling
Event Artist: Starling
Background Artist: Kaorien
Editors: None
Contributors: Doggy Nino, DragoonHP

Okay I think that's it lol. If you've read all of that BRAVO!

Also this is based off of the fairytale Snow White and Rose Red, as stated before, meaning one of the biggest spoilers might already be known by anyone whose read it.

Anyway~

If you have any questions, just ask!
Last edited by Starling on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:04 am, edited 27 times in total.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
Image
(NaNoRenO '15)

User avatar
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:11 pm
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#2 Post by Aleema » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:34 am

Wolf. I choose the wolf. I'm sorry. Wrestling with a wolf sounds so freakin' awesome, too. I like how you make Goblins more than hobbly little green creatures, too. (And good decision to make it a goblin, rather than a dwarf.) :D In fact, I like everything about your idea. It's so novel and refreshing ... Just like living in a fairy tale, which is what I assume you're going for. =P And 32 endings?!?! Wow. Just so you know, I'm probably not going to get all of them. :3

I'm available for coding help. If you have any questions about scripting and whatnot, I'm your gal. And I think a handdrawn interface would be perfect for this game, what are you talking about? Totally do it yourself! It'll look great!

I would think, since I had to look up the fairytale to see if I knew it (I didn't), it might be best to take out the spoiler tags for the Bear/Wolf completely. While it's obvious there's something there, I'd rather not be told up front, you know?

Anyway! I'm so glad that you're getting your project out and running. :D Your art is just as beautiful as I expected it to be.

User avatar
Starling
Regular
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:00 pm
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards
Location: Osaka
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#3 Post by Starling » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:52 am

Aleema wrote:Wolf. I choose the wolf. I'm sorry. Wrestling with a wolf sounds so freakin' awesome, too. I like how you make Goblins more than hobbly little green creatures, too. (And good decision to make it a goblin, rather than a dwarf.) :D In fact, I like everything about your idea. It's so novel and refreshing ... Just like living in a fairy tale, which is what I assume you're going for. =P And 32 endings?!?! Wow. Just so you know, I'm probably not going to get all of them. :3


He might just be my favourite *loves his paths* but I do love Don as well (poor Bear is just not my type). And thank you about Don, when I decided to make him obtainable, being an old dwarf was just well.. not so good anymore XDXD.

I don't think I would either DX *says that now but is a collector so probably would to get even just all the Event CGs* I was blown away by how many it ended up being and I am scared that it might be the biggest downfall because I'm not sure how many would have that kind of patience...

I absolutely adore fairytales redone (Goose Girl by Shannon Hale is one of my favourites, but of course there's Ella Enchanted as well) and this is my favourite one, I've been meaning to redo it for a while.

I'm available for coding help. If you have any questions about scripting and whatnot, I'm your gal. And I think a handdrawn interface would be perfect for this game, what are you talking about? Totally do it yourself! It'll look great!


I will keep that in mind if I end up having to code it. I do have the ability to... I just didn't want to take on the entire project by myself, told myself I would at least try for help first LOL.

And I might... I tried to design one a couple weeks ago and I wasn't happy with it, but when more of it comes together I might try again....

I would think, since I had to look up the fairytale to see if I knew it (I didn't), it might be best to take out the spoiler tags for the Bear/Wolf completely. While it's obvious there's something there, I'd rather not be told up front, you know?

Anyway! I'm so glad that you're getting your project out and running. :D Your art is just as beautiful as I expected it to be.


All right, I think I'll do that then.... it's just so confusing how to handle that part, being cryptic is not my strong suit >_> XD

And~ >//<~ Thank you, I spent hours upon hours on both @_@ Hoping that this project will make me faster at drawing with this method.

*Ends post with a random dance of tiredhappy*
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
Image
(NaNoRenO '15)

User avatar
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Posts: 2262
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:49 pm
Organization: Love in Space Inc
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#4 Post by Samu-kun » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 am

That sounds pretty nice. The logo art looks really pretty.

But how are you seriously going to pull off 32 endings? Are they just going to be very minor variations, like "Happily ever after, carried away by a pumpkin carriage" vs. "Happily ever after, flying away on a magic carpet?" Or is the base story going to be pretty much the same, but will the computer read through all the choices you made through the story and then give you an ending from a list of 32 outcomes at the very end?

User avatar
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Posts: 4047
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: Re:Set, Morpheandir Tales, The Alliance, Althernis Precasted
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#5 Post by azureXtwilight » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:45 am

Samu-kun wrote:That sounds pretty nice. The logo art looks really pretty.

But how are you seriously going to pull off 32 endings? Are they just going to be very minor variations, like "Happily ever after, carried away by a pumpkin carriage" vs. "Happily ever after, flying away on a magic carpet?" Or is the base story going to be pretty much the same, but will the computer read through all the choices you made through the story and then give you an ending from a list of 32 outcomes at the very end?


I'll have to agree with Samu-kun, since the obtainables aren't many.
But the great side is, I really love you art! Good job! I'm going to stalk this!

By the way, your VN looks very similar with this, in the concept side though...

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ie-49-kr-86-1-70-3qf5-18-1.html

I just stumbled across this and your game at the very same day :3
Maybe a reference?
ImageImage

User avatar
sayuri
Veteran
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 pm
Projects: It's a secret~
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#6 Post by sayuri » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:42 pm

Ah, I adore this story! Since you said there are 16 endings for each girl, do we have to choose between playable characters or is the narration split into two different chapters? I was just thinking if
Snow White ending up with Bear and Rose Red ended up with the goblin, would that provoke a special ending? I was just thinking about how the 32 endings would be met.

User avatar
Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:38 pm
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#7 Post by Deji » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:06 pm

This game sounds very interesting C:
I remember reading the fairy tale when I was a kid, but I don't remember how it ends, so I guess I'm spoiler-free right now, haha x'D;

I always loved how snow white here was blonde instead of the usual dark--haired one, and I think you did a good job on portraying her and Rose Red. There is one thing that bothers me in their portraits, though: the lines marking their noses and lips are thicker than the rest of the linework. Maybe you could make them thinner?

Like everybody else I'm concerned about the 32 endings. I'd suggest going for a smaller number of endings at first (the more important/obvious ones) and then work on the rest. I'd also recommend that, if making SW's and RR's side proves too much work, just focus on making one side, release it, and THEN work on the other side and release it as an expansion of the first.
I'm pretty sure your audience will be happy to play either side, and having one game (one side) completed and released will be a good milestone and motivator to finish the other side, rather than having a big game to work on and eventually burning out.

My two cents :P

In any case, I'll keep an eye on this, because I love Fairy Tales! And, like Aleema, I think I'll go for the Wolf xD
Image
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

User avatar
Starling
Regular
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:00 pm
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards
Location: Osaka
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#8 Post by Starling » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Sayuri is indeed on the right track to why there are so many endings.

There are four factors to an ending, I can't say two of them because they are spoilers but the other two is who you marry and what your sister does. She is actually technically obtainable as well because you can choose to stay with her. When I added the sister's affection points to give the story some depth that's when the endings exploded. Depending on your experience she can stay with you (which will affect who she marries), you can choose to only want to be with her, or you can hate each other so she'll choose the opposite of whatever you do and usually that ending is a bad one.

The other factors grew out of being able to make Donovan an obtainable.
Whether he lives or dies and whether the princes stay animals or turn human


azureXtwilight wrote:But the great side is, I really love you art! Good job! I'm going to stalk this!

By the way, your VN looks very similar with this, in the concept side though...

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ie-49-kr-86-1-70-3qf5-18-1.html

I just stumbled across this and your game at the very same day :3
Maybe a reference?

Thank you about my art, and no I haven't seen this before but it looks adorable if only I could obtain it lol *is poor and it looks like it's out of print*

Samu-kun wrote:That sounds pretty nice. The logo art looks really pretty.

Thanks :D

Deji wrote:This game sounds very interesting C:
I remember reading the fairy tale when I was a kid, but I don't remember how it ends, so I guess I'm spoiler-free right now, haha x'D;

I always loved how snow white here was blonde instead of the usual dark--haired one, and I think you did a good job on portraying her and Rose Red. There is one thing that bothers me in their portraits, though: the lines marking their noses and lips are thicker than the rest of the linework. Maybe you could make them thinner?


Gah you caught it! XD >_>.... Yeah I noticed that was distracting after I finished Rose's and did Snow White's (I did her face differently so the nose and mouth are actually just lines and not thicker, I just added some to the nose to make them match) I was planning on redoing Rose's nose, I'm afraid about the mouth though because I want to redo it as well... and it's only this "normal-happy" sprite that has the thicker mouth... But I'm afraid I won't be able to redraw it, but I will try..

Deji wrote:Like everybody else I'm concerned about the 32 endings. I'd suggest going for a smaller number of endings at first (the more important/obvious ones) and then work on the rest. I'd also recommend that, if making SW's and RR's side proves too much work, just focus on making one side, release it, and THEN work on the other side and release it as an expansion of the first.
I'm pretty sure your audience will be happy to play either side, and having one game (one side) completed and released will be a good milestone and motivator to finish the other side, rather than having a big game to work on and eventually burning out.

My two cents :P

In any case, I'll keep an eye on this, because I love Fairy Tales! And, like Aleema, I think I'll go for the Wolf xD


That's actually an idea I've been toying around with. Having a Version Red and a Version White (gotta catch them all, pokemon? XD). I'm afraid that people will only play the first one, however... or not... I did make it so you can't get the ENTIRE story without playing it all (you learn bits of information on every path about either the obtainable or the girls themselves).

How do other people feel about this? Because I wouldn't mind doing it, i'd probably release a version afterwards with both parts in it, but would splitting it up thus making it two '16 endings' games be an easier pill to swallow?

And YAY to fairytales~ And it's amusing because the Wolf is the only character not teeeechnically in the fairytale 8D
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
Image
(NaNoRenO '15)

User avatar
sheetcakeghost
Veteran
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:19 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#9 Post by sheetcakeghost » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Oh, I loved these stories as a girl! (Now if only someone would do The Hobyahs.) If I weren't already on too many projects as it is I would certainly lend my writing talents. The art is pretty cute too. If you need a sort of post editor/beta tester I could certainly do that for you. Also, I have a large collection of royalty free sounds and am pretty decent at finding music as well. So if you need help in those areas feel free to pm me with requests.

I'm also a voice actress if you ever decide you want voices added in. I'm currently doing a pretty big part for hentaicook right now though so you'd have to cue up if you want them done super soon.

As to your question. If you did the two versions I would likely only play the one. I don't like rewatching the same movies much less reread a story that I've already gotten a satisfactory ending to.

sporkysan
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#10 Post by sporkysan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:50 am

This sounds like a very promising project. I would like to be your editor, if you would like to work with me. I'm no Shakespeare, but I love to plot and plans stories. Just a warning, I can be a bit overly critical. Is that alright?

User avatar
CaesMRaenes
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:42 am
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#11 Post by CaesMRaenes » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:36 am

>: Me love you long time. <3

I love fairy tales and different versions of it. They always have such a kind but frightening flare about them. And I have to comment: this sounds like it would be quite the story and your artwork is just adorable. Has the right innocent, but mischievous, look about them. Personally, from your present descriptions, I'd go for the wolf.
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

User avatar
DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:54 am
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP
Location: Zion Island, Solario
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#12 Post by DragoonHP » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:47 am

Straight to point, I want to apply for the post of writer/editor for your story.

If you want to check out my writing style, check my profile on FanFiction.net or better, please read my new story for checking its compatability for turning into a Ren'Py game.

If you want to read my work, here's a quick link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6020189/1/The_Ticking_Life

semewelamb
Regular
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:02 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#13 Post by semewelamb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:23 am

I'm excited to hear about this project. Love the art work and the concept. I think Rose Red is gonna be my favorite character, probably 'cause she'll get into a lot of mischief. :)

User avatar
Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:39 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#14 Post by Riviera » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Looks very promising. I love the Grimm fairy tales... and the chance to play either of the girls is awesome. So is the fact that your relationship with each other, and both of your relationships with the guys will influence the endings.

Wow, that sounds complicated, but so very cool.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

Image
I do free voicework! Click here for samples

User avatar
Starling
Regular
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:00 pm
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards
Location: Osaka
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red (Recruiting Programmer, Edit

#15 Post by Starling » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:56 pm

Back from Vacation so I can get my butt back in gear on this. And yay for offers to help write while I was gone!!!

In other news four of the endings might be cut (I'm going to ask my current editor and anyone who I get a the definite from about being an editor about this) as the might be considered superfluous. This would cut each girl down to 14 endings 28 overall which even though it's not much less does seem like a more manageable number. And another note, the two girls go through love completely differently so when you play a path with a different girl it's a different story for the most part.

Anyway.

Let's start these replies going backwards :3

Riviera wrote:Looks very promising. I love the Grimm fairy tales... and the chance to play either of the girls is awesome. So is the fact that your relationship with each other, and both of your relationships with the guys will influence the endings.

Wow, that sounds complicated, but so very cool.


Thank you :D I'm glad you like the choice between the girls. That is one of the big parts of this game.
semewelamb wrote:I'm excited to hear about this project. Love the art work and the concept. I think Rose Red is gonna be my favorite character, probably 'cause she'll get into a lot of mischief. :)

Thank you! I love Rose Red, she was always my favourite in the story~ Though plotting out Snow White's part made me like her as well and you get a LOT more backstory in Snow's...
DragoonHP wrote:Straight to point, I want to apply for the post of writer/editor for your story.

If you want to check out my writing style, check my profile on FanFiction.net or better, please read my new story for checking its compatability for turning into a Ren'Py game.

If you want to read my work, here's a quick link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6020189/1/The_Ticking_Life


Straight to the point indeed :D. Go ahead and PM me if you're still interested and I'll talk with you more on my plan and send you the completed plotline (including backstories so that things make more sense and such) which you can look over and help me edit a bit if things are confusing and don't make sense. Then we can discuss where we'll go from there.
CaesMRaenes wrote:>: Me love you long time. <3

I love fairy tales and different versions of it. They always have such a kind but frightening flare about them. And I have to comment: this sounds like it would be quite the story and your artwork is just adorable. Has the right innocent, but mischievous, look about them. Personally, from your present descriptions, I'd go for the wolf.

Lol! Thank you <3<3<3 That's what I love about fairytales as well.

I'm also really happy you think the style is good for the story, I don't have a set style really so I developed one mostly for this so YAY XD And nomnom wolf :D
sporkysan wrote:This sounds like a very promising project. I would like to be your editor, if you would like to work with me. I'm no Shakespeare, but I love to plot and plans stories. Just a warning, I can be a bit overly critical. Is that alright?


I don't mind overly critical as long as you don't mind if I don't always take your advice. An editor is supposed to be critical anyway :D XD. So if you're still interested do the same thing I said above to DragoonHP and we'll get this ball rolling.
Serenity Frost wrote:Oh, I loved these stories as a girl! (Now if only someone would do The Hobyahs.) If I weren't already on too many projects as it is I would certainly lend my writing talents. The art is pretty cute too. If you need a sort of post editor/beta tester I could certainly do that for you. Also, I have a large collection of royalty free sounds and am pretty decent at finding music as well. So if you need help in those areas feel free to pm me with requests.

I'm also a voice actress if you ever decide you want voices added in. I'm currently doing a pretty big part for hentaicook right now though so you'd have to cue up if you want them done super soon.

As to your question. If you did the two versions I would likely only play the one. I don't like rewatching the same movies much less reread a story that I've already gotten a satisfactory ending to.

So I meant to reply to this BEFORE I left for vacation... but here it is now? LOL

Yayyyy~ And yes, work on your project :D one at a time, one at a time (certainly that's what I'm doing because believe me I have about 3 more ideas that I want to do but I don't have time for them ): )

I might take you up on the music and sounds once I get everything else finished. I also might take you up on being a beta tester/post editor so hopefully you'll keep that open :D~

Thank you for your answer, that is what I'm most afraid of and why I would release them together, that way you can play one path with one girl and another with another girl or however you would want to do it.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
Image
(NaNoRenO '15)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users