(Otome Game)Yo-Jin-Bo The Bodyguards : Unmei no Freude

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
ElementalButterfly
Regular

(Otome Game)Yo-Jin-Bo The Bodyguards : Unmei no Freude

#1 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Language: English
Publisher/Developer: Two-Five (hirameki international)
Platforms: PC and PlayStation 2
Story:
The story focuses on the main character Sayori, who is a modern high school girl. She finds a mysterious pendant while out helping with an archeological dig (she's in the high school history club, and so is forced to attend), and later has a strange dream - it seems that the scene is from about a hundred and fifty years ago, during the last days of the samurai, and she sees Hatsuhime, princess of the Mochizuke clan, assassinated!

It gets even more strange when the scene changes, and Sayori realizes that she's in Hatsuhime's body; that she has somehow seen how things were, and the situation has somehow "reset", giving her the chance to avert the princess's terrible fate.

Characters:
ImageSayori - the main character. After inexplicably trading places with Hatsuhime, she finds herself playing the princess in order to save the princess' life (and her own).

ImageHatsuhime - princess of the Mochizuki clan. A bit tomboyish and prone to sneaking out of the castle at night, she frustrates her guardians. She gets caught up in a clan-succession conspiracy, one that seemingly proves fatal to her, and seems to reach out to Sayori through the mysterious green pendant that Sayori finds at the very beginning of the story.

ImageTsukuba Muneshige - Hatsuhime's servant, and loyal samurai and clan vassal. He has a penchant for making terrible jokes and bad impressions, which he sometimes uses to try and cheer Hatsuhime/Sayori up. Unfortunately, his impressions can get himself into trouble, as well. Seiyū: Jūrōta Kosugi

ImageYozaburo Shiraanui-His nickname is “Yo.” He is said to be the descendant of a famous ninja family, but the details of his past are unknown. Although he looks quite young at first glance, he has a very sharp tongue.

ImageMurasame Jinnosuke - a fiery character with red hair and something of a rough - but good natured - temperament, he's one of the bodyguards hired to save Hatsuhime. He is also the first of such bodyguards you meet, as Hatsuhime bumps right into him at the festival, before the conspiracy and assassination attempt. He is exceptionally awkward around women, though Ittousai is even more awkward. Seiyū: Hiroki Takahashi

ImageTsubaki Tainojō - his nickname "Bo" comes from an alternate way to read "Tsubaki". He is rather androgynous (bishōnen, actually), and is from a samurai family. He seems rather elegant, and is interested in the paranormal. Seiyū: Hideo Ishikawa

ImageMon-Mon (Kadokura Monzan) - a Buddhist priest, who seems to like the company of women. He is very strong, however, and knows many things and has even medical knowledge to the extent that he can stitch a wound back together perfectly. He gives himself the nickname "Mon-Mon", and tries to sound cute. This usually means he isn't taken seriously.

ImageTatsunami Ittousai - a suspicious person who wears glasses all the time; he is hired as a bodyguard but is seen by the others as nothing but an assassin or a sociopath. He also has a body covered with scars from old sword wounds. Apparently, Jin has also tried to kill him before, but Ittousai survived the attempt. He also wears his glasses even when bathing. Seiyū: Hideki Ogihara

Other Characters:
ImageKasumimaru Fuuma- The leader of Harumoto’s ninja corps, Kasumimaru is a swift, silent assassin who never lets his target escape.
ImageHarumoto Ohno-The Chief Inspector of the Mochizuki clan. He is endlessly resourceful and will stop at nothing to achieve his goals.
ImageNobumasa Ohno-Unlike his older brother Harumoto, Nobumasa looks every bit as aggressive as he actually is. Short-tempered and incredibly strong, he is not given to deep thought.

You can buy it at http://www.jbox.com/PRODUCT/HIRA016
Official Website: http://www.twofive.co.jp/yojinbo/index.html

Walkthrough: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/934294-yo-j ... faqs/46342

Screenshots:
ImageImageImageImageImage
I will add more screenshots later. ^_^
Last edited by ElementalButterfly on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

Re: (Otome Game)Yo-Jin-Bo The Bodyguards : Unmei no Freude

#2 Post by sayuri »

Ahhh I love this game! It's amazing. Ittosai and Yo tie for first with Jin close behind. I think it should be said that YoJinBo isn't a typical otome romance game. There is a good bit of action and a LOT of humor. I can't even begin to express low funny this game is XD. I'll let the picture do the talking.

I almost forgot to mention the voice acting! The voice work is great. It's one of those situations that, without voicing, the game wouldn't be complete. The rock tracks are catchy too.

machinist
Regular

#3 Post by machinist »

too bad the sales didn't go well :(

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#4 Post by ElementalButterfly »

sayuri wrote:Ahhh I love this game! It's amazing. Ittosai and Yo tie for first with Jin close behind. I think it should be said that YoJinBo isn't a typical otome romance game. There is a good bit of action and a LOT of humor. I can't even begin to express low funny this game is XD. I'll let the picture do the talking.

I almost forgot to mention the voice acting! The voice work is great. It's one of those situations that, without voicing, the game wouldn't be complete. The rock tracks are catchy too.
I didn't see any topicssabout this awesome game, so i made one. =D
It was hilarious, Ittosai
have a lot of fans just for being dark and evil although he is one of the bodyguards
. It was epic.
Remember, the time when Yo got fever, then sayori touched his forehead. =D Fevers can be attractive
>:D

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#5 Post by ElementalButterfly »

mechnist wrote:too bad the sales didn't go well :(
ehh.. really? I heard that this game was very popular. Thats probably the reason why it isn't free.

Glazed Donuts
Regular

#6 Post by Glazed Donuts »

WOW This is such a beautiful game! @_@

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#7 Post by ElementalButterfly »

Glazed Donuts wrote:WOW This is such a beautiful game! @_@
Did you play it yet? :)

sayuri
Veteran

#8 Post by sayuri »

ElementalButterfly wrote:
mechnist wrote:too bad the sales didn't go well :(
ehh.. really? I heard that this game was very popular. Thats probably the reason why it isn't free.
Well, the game itself is pretty popular. It's just that Hirameki (the company that localized Yo Jin Bo) was struggling as a whole. I didn't find out about Yo Jin Bo until after Hirameki closed shop. It's a shame :(..

Red Lilies
Regular

#9 Post by Red Lilies »

Awesome game. Made more awesome by the fact characters refused to remember that they were living the past. I was laughing my head off at every single pop culture reference.
Thought Bo was lame though.
Bo: I am cursed because every girl only likes me for my looks.
Seriously? Rest of the characters were fun though.
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

sayuri
Veteran

#10 Post by sayuri »

Bo was pretty lame. Plus his CGs were kinda crappy in comparison to the other guys. Not to mention his bland personality. I could go on but I'll stop ;). He does have one awesome line though.

Bo: "Would you like to see my Mr. Elephant?"

Glazed Donuts
Regular

#11 Post by Glazed Donuts »

ElementalButterfly wrote:
Glazed Donuts wrote:WOW This is such a beautiful game! @_@
Did you play it yet? :)

Not yet, but I intend to! Is there a free demo available to try out?

sayuri
Veteran

#12 Post by sayuri »

Glazed Donuts wrote: Not yet, but I intend to! Is there a free demo available to try out?
No, not really. Sorry to burst your bubble. You just kinda have to take the plunge. Still, it is totally worth it. It's my favorite VN, hands down.

Red Lilies
Regular

#13 Post by Red Lilies »

sayuri wrote: Bo: "Would you like to see my Mr. Elephant?"
Lol, I had completely forgotten about that line. XD Actually that whole scene where they are arguing over who should accompany her to the bath was a laugh fest.
sayuri wrote:
Glazed Donuts wrote: Not yet, but I intend to! Is there a free demo available to try out?
No, not really. Sorry to burst your bubble. You just kinda have to take the plunge. Still, it is totally worth it. It's my favorite VN, hands down.
Seconded. Worth it. The beginning’s kinda slow, but you can skip it after the first go, so it's less of a problem. It is really a fun little ride and a good laugh.
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

HumbertTheHorse
Regular
Projects: ... ...

#14 Post by HumbertTheHorse »

This looks intriguing. I've never played an Otome game before but might give this a buy. Why not.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by lepapillonrouge »

I have it...scratch that.

I did have it...but...I don't know where it is! AGH!
deviantART
---------------------