Doppelganger (GXB,mystery,horror)+demo [on hold]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
OTM
Regular
Projects: Oubo

Re: Doppelganger:Dawn of the Inverted Souls(GXB)+demo+UPDATE

#391 Post by OTM »

I just played the demo and to be honest, Lucia never came off as 'snobbish', in fact she seemed more shy and wasn't self absorbed at all, like I thought she would be. Which is totally fine with me (I hate snobbish characters) but at some point in the demo I kept wishing she would have the guts to stand up for herself, like with Anastasia and Yuri.
But so far, I love the demo and have my own theories, it's just too exciting!
Before I even played the demo I thought that the title might have something to do with the story. Doppelganger means double right? So maybe those entities that grant people's wishes in exchange for their mind and soul take the human form and stuff? So in the demo, maybe one of Lucia's friend is actually one of the doppelganger at some point? I can't wait for the game to find out! I've always loved your games and the depth they have <3

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#392 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks again for the comments!

@OTM : I'm glad for the comments! I have written this a few times before but that's what my friends who also test play the demo said, maybe people have different concept of snobbish. Lucia is the one who doesn't like trouble so she never stand up to those people who bully him, because she wants her parents to know she's happy and everything is fine, she doesn't want to worry them.
Nee, which path are you going to see first?

The main script and clifford's is almost done, so far I've planned 3-4 endings per route so it will have around 20+ endings. I don't want to make "ending-based items" or "one choice determines the ending" like in ROA XD. So you're gonna have a bit trouble, but I hope it's obvious what you are going to~

OTM
Regular
Projects: Oubo

#393 Post by OTM »

I think i'll probably pursue cliffords path because he's the character who seems to know more about what's going on in the story. Plus who doesn't love the mysterious/jerk/invisible character?

Also, quick question. Is the mysterious character 'obtainable'? Does he have his own path?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#394 Post by azureXtwilight »

I was debating who's the other paths than the confirmed one, there are still Ignatius and Rico waiting on the line and I will only pick one of those~

pyongtaro

#395 Post by pyongtaro »

So, um... I've also just played the demo. It's paced better than your Fantasia games, or at least I think so. My favorite is Clifford... I don't know why, but I just really like him *_* He has the best sprites thus far too, imo (obviously biased) ...And I'm kind of curious of what he actually is, lol, so I will go after him first.

The second person I'll go for is Blake (he's just so funny xD)... that is, unless you decide to make a Rico path. Well, I just thought that a scenario where Rico falls for Lucia would be interesting (sorry, Anastasia, even though you've lost so much ^^;;). But of course, that's up to you.

And Lucia... isn't snobbish at all. She seems to be the type who always thinks about what consequences would her actions have on herself, doesn't like to be troubled, and would mostly keep everything to herself. She has crafted her dream future since long, and is trying to approach it carefully so she won't fail. She's a very, very normal girl with her own fears and flaws. Actually, it seems like she won't bother to investigate the whole Doppleganger deal if Rico hasn't begged her for help in the first place. She likes to stay out of troubles a little too much (xD).

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#396 Post by Hayzel »

1. Fave chara:
Been playing. So far I love Blake because of his little quirk with calling people by the reverse gender of their name or however you say that. I also like the MC a lot, I'm getting a Tohru Honda vibe.
2. Found bugs/typo:
In the opening when you talk about the room, somewhere the sentence doesn't make sense but I forgot to Screen Capture. Also I think you called Anastasia a He at one point in the bathroom scene where she is torturing Lucia.
3 . A short review, perhaps?
I'm excited to play more of this X3 The art is cute , the music is amazing, your background is too and your characters are interesting <3 <3 <3 I can't wait to see what you do with this <3

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#397 Post by azureXtwilight »

Phew, I am so relieved to hear that. I am a bit afraid you guys don't like Lucia :o

Whoah, more errors... I'm gonna need beta testers for this when I'm done -_-"

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#398 Post by Snowflower »

me me me!!!!!!
Pick me!!!!!
BETA TESTER is my middle name... hah
YAAAAA
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#399 Post by azureXtwilight »

Yay! I hope you'll still be available when the beta-testing phase has started. XD

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#400 Post by Snowflower »

most likely.

Unless my schedule for next year backfires.

but still, I am golden for beta-tester.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#401 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hello, it's me again...

In order to keep tracks of majority paths, I decide to run a poll. Sorry if this question keeps being asked, but I felt like an idiot for not conducting it before... HERE YOU GO!

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=4e ... e4dfb04f91

Edit : Niel? Who would've thought... >D
ScreenShot001.jpg

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#402 Post by azureXtwilight »

Is in attempt of making a CG... This will be our first CG.
There's an option to make everything blurry of course ;) If only I know how to do it in renpy...
ScreenShot002.jpg

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#403 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

OH CRAP--
That update reminds me to send over the CG... *stupid me*

Maybe regulating the amount of blood is better than blurring everything?
(I don't really like it when I'm not seeing much of the CGs just because of blood. XD)
Because if you want everything blurred, you can just blur it in PS and set it in the script according to the player's choice of showing it. :)
That's just a suggestion though.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#404 Post by azureXtwilight »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:OH CRAP--
That update reminds me to send over the CG... *stupid me*

Maybe regulating the amount of blood is better than blurring everything?
(I don't really like it when I'm not seeing much of the CGs just because of blood. XD)
Because if you want everything blurred, you can just blur it in PS and set it in the script according to the player's choice of showing it. :)
That's just a suggestion though.
It will double the amount size of the files used for CGs XD

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#405 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Oh yeah XD
Well, if only overlaying a blood pic in the CG is possible... XD
I dunno if this is useful but I kinda asked people about this before. XD