A question about scenes/backgrounds.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Mihwa

A question about scenes/backgrounds.

#1 Post by Mihwa »

Is there a command to make it automatically fit the screen or do I have to resize the image myself?

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

Re: A question about scenes/backgrounds.

#2 Post by broken_angel »

You can use im.Scale to specify the size of an image,
but honestly, it might just be easier just to do it yourself.

Mihwa

#3 Post by Mihwa »

Alright that helps a lot. Thanks. :3

Jake
Support Hero

#4 Post by Jake »

(More to the point, resizing the image to fit the screen before giving it to Ren'Py will usually result in a better-looking scaled image; when Ren'Py does it, it has to be quick, because it has to show the scaled image to the user as soon as possible; if you go out and do it in Photoshop or whatever, then your graphics app can take as long as it likes over the re-size and will probably do a better job of it as a result.

The tradeoff is that if you're scaling up from a smaller image, then doing the resize before giving it to Ren'Py will make your game slightly larger.)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found