Oh My Unicorn!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Mihwa

Oh My Unicorn!

#1 Post by Mihwa »

Oh My Unicorn!
Genre: Romance | Otome | Political | Fantasy
CYOA-adaption

Writers:
Megumi
Mihwa

Coders:
Mihwa

Artists:
Megumi
Nessa (not on site)
Dawn (Not on site)

Composers:
None

Brief Summary:
Alyssia d'Camil, Unicorn Hunter extraordinaire. Or at least, she used to be until some flat-chested pretty girl turned her into a unicorn. Now Alyssia has to find a way to break the curse, not get killed herself, exact revenge, and fall in love?

...Really?

Good thing she regains human form during the night!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

The story is serious and comical. At the same exact time.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Prologue:

The Holy Kingdom of Magnola has long enjoyed peace and prosperity—attributed greatly to the fact that it is the only nation on a far removed, lone continent. Far, far away from the tumultuous, warring Levanine Continent.

Or perhaps the affluence is ascribed to the long reign of Cerés Liev tyz Lahasrel and his Ceréssa?

Then again, the older folk would say that Magnola’s blessing is solely, unanimously, undeniably due to... unicorns. Or, more objectively put, on unicorn horns.

However, times have changed. Unicorn hunters emerged, and the pure beings—once revered above all else—were slain for profit.

Times have changed, and an era of peace is nearing its end. Magnola is long overdue for her share of woes. And as the saying goes:

"Laryl afréyt daedre fyt-eré."
Lessons are writ in blood.

Anyway, If anyone wants to help out, it's greatly appreciated.

ATM, just the prologue is done. :'3 But majority of the script/events/scenes are all coming from this:
http://lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.p ... arning=13+ (in which three chapters are done)
Attachments
Chapter One background.
Chapter One background.
Prologue background.
Prologue background.
Current title screen.
Current title screen.
Alyssia concept. Made with CAC.
Alyssia concept. Made with CAC.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Oh My Unicorn!

#2 Post by LVUER »

You draw all the BGs? If so then those are awesome!
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#3 Post by icebluehost »

LVUER wrote:You draw all the BGs? If so then those are awesome!
I agree! They're just...wow.

I look forward to this one! It has a very interesting plot.

Mihwa

#4 Post by Mihwa »

LVUER wrote:You draw all the BGs? If so then those are awesome!
Oh, no, I didn't. I wish I did.
They were pictures/photos I found and modified.
Since, at the time, we had no artist.

Megumi
Regular
Projects: Love Buffet

#5 Post by Megumi »

Yup. We mainly have artists for characters, none for background (unfortunately).

@icebluehost
You would just be surprised by the... well, the way I made Mihwa write the story with me XDDD

-whistles and poofs away-

After All

#6 Post by After All »

The only characters mentioned so far are both women. Is this going to be a GxG, or at least have GxG options?

If so, I am really enthusiastic about this game. Lemma needs more girl love :D

Megumi
Regular

#7 Post by Megumi »

-poofs-

Actually, for spoilers reasons, I cannot disclose much details but yeah, we may include some GxG actions... just because we find this funny xD.

However, we haven't reached that far in the writing process that's why I can't give you a definitive answer.

-poofs away-

(Please, do note that Megumi is French and therefore has a slightly off accentuation. T-T)
La vie est un rêve, c'est le réveil qui nous tue.

Love Buffet

To read about (crackish) reviews for otome games, click here.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Riviera »

I can get behind GxG. Hopefully there is some GxB too as well, but this looks promising either way. Will you need any help proofreading/editing later? I could help if you do.

This sounds interesting... unicorns are typically compared to pure-hearted, soft, sweet, gentle maidens.. and Alyssia has the look of a spunky, snarky hellcat. I wonder how many people she's going to surprise?
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Megumi
Regular

#9 Post by Megumi »

*Magical appearance*

I think we wouldn't mind having some editors, proofreaders in our agenda. But we reaaaally need to write a lot more before reaching that stage.

As for GxG and GxB, this is mainly a GxB because... well, Mihwa and I are both romance writers (even though we don't mind occasional yuri stuff... in fact I was the one writing that scene -coughs-).

As for the unicorn thing... You don't want to know how this even began...

I actually believe the story itself would be slightly surprising. Mihwa and I actually... write completely different genre of stories. xD She's the serious writer, I'm the one adding some humour in it. (Hence Political + Humor) We give each other new pespectives on how the characters are (>_< me and my smartmouthed heroines) without hindering each other (thanks god, because that would make this impossible to do).

That's why I hope this will be a surprise for everybody that will actually play or read Oh My Unicorn! -winks-

*Grand Disappearance*

Love Buffet

eightsnowflakes

#10 Post by eightsnowflakes »

This sounds amazing.

Celestie
Veteran

#11 Post by Celestie »

...you two. W.H.A.T?!

When did you decide this and why did you never mention it? *pouts at being left out*

Megumi
Regular

#12 Post by Megumi »

I fear I'm not understanding? -blinks-

Love Buffet

Celestie
Veteran

#13 Post by Celestie »

...D: what do you mean you don't understand, Me-chan?! *sad desu* *Celes retreats to the Corner of Woe*

On another note. The art is so pretty~ Maybe I missed your talk about it because Mi-cha and you are so fast in chatting and I tend to get lost when I join? xD Nah, but can't remember you mentioning anything of a VN....

Megumi
Regular

#14 Post by Megumi »

We actually decided about that a few days after the discussion with you. 'cept you weren't there.

But lately I can't get a hold on Mihwa... I wanted to show her my sketch design for Christian é_è

Love Buffet

Celestie
Veteran

#15 Post by Celestie »

Oh, damn. I fail.

Show meeeeeeee!!! Wait, who's Christian again?*shot* Uhm, drag her out and chain her up in your cupboard? What's her excuse? Call me curious but if my practically useless OC will appear in the story, will she also appear in this planned VN?
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*