Game menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
JohnyAlvez

Game menu

#1 Post by JohnyAlvez »

How do i make the game menu's background transparent?

Like, when I open it i can still see the characters, the background , the dialogue... etc

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

Re: Game menu

#2 Post by broken_angel »

Don't quote me on this, but I think that if you make a transparent image in Photoshop, GIMP, or another graphics program, and then set that as your game menu background in the options.rpy file, that should work.

I'm not sure that will still show the background, characters, and dialogue, though.

EDIT: I tried it and that's exactly what you want. It'll at least show the background and characters on screen, but it will hide other layers (textbox, screens, buttons, etc.).
Last edited by broken_angel on Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnyAlvez

Re: Game menu

#3 Post by JohnyAlvez »

EDIT: The image was in a wrong format, it worked, thanks!!