Our Hearts, Your Days (BxG, School VN) [1st Demo Released!]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Shadios
Regular
Projects: Our Hearts, Your Days

Our Hearts, Your Days (BxG, School VN) [1st Demo Released!]

#1 Post by Shadios »

I came up with this idea after viewing several VN's, most notably School Days, and watching several slice of life/school anime

Basically, there are gonna be several routes for each girl listed below and each selection will either hinder or help the protagonist (Vlad) obtain a certain ending depending on which selections you made the ending will be different so that there's more replay value.

Story:

Vlad Kurisaki hasn't had much luck when it comes to love, that is of course until he begins his senior year at a new school. But his life's about to change when certain events begin to circle around him getting more and more friendlier with the girls at his new school. This leaves him questioning which one he's gonna love more. But how will his decision impact the others and how will he be able to handle all the stress in the end?

Main Characters:

Vlad Kurisaki

The unluckiest when it comes to love and newest senior at St Stirling High. Vlad is a person who seems to be almost always in a deep unhappy state of mind. But his hopes soon rise up when he starts his senior year at St Stirling and begins to get acquainted with the school and the people that go there. In school he can be recognized for being the only person who doesn't take his work seriously enough, while outside of school he's on of St Stirling's best sport players.

Terilo Fugakushi

Having skipped a year back in elementary school and getting into high school so quickly, Terilo is considered a intellectual genius among her classmates. But because of this she has only a little group of friends. But when she begins to hang out with the newest addition to her year, Vlad, her popularity suddenly begins to shoot up. This begins to make her consider whether or not her new found popularity is due to herself or Vlad.

Mio Kugachi

One of the most popular students at St Stirling and leader of the Archery club, Mio is a cold and somewhat harsh person to deal with, having troubles with both her family and the faculty at St Stirling. Trying not to make any close friends with anyone she meets, her reputation is very sketchy depending on which persons talking about her, but when Vlad comes to St Stirling and starts treating her as a normal human being, she starts to act less cold and begins to feel like a new person. But how long will this last for?

Renshi Hirama

An infamous delinquent at St Stirling who befriends Vlad on his first day, Renshi is known for barely paying attention in class and almost failing each of his classes. Coming from a strict family who know better than to let their son slack off, he's been given til the end of the year to pick up his act before he gets shipped off to military school. How will Vlad's influence on him help him gain the respect of his parents as well as keep him from moving schools?

Setsuna Kagashumi

Known for being really eccentric and a very crazy person, Setsuna is one of St Stirling's most weirdest students. With her weird spiral goggles and very weird sense of humor and life, Setsuna is known for being in St Stirling's only closet anime otaku, which leads people to believe that she's a weirdo with no life. But when Vlad begins hanging out with her, she begins to believe that life would be better if she came out and told everyone about her obsession. But is it worth it in the end?

Meru Ritsugichi

The only one of the female protagonist's who doesn't go to St Stirling High. Meru has known Vlad ever since they were little kids, since their parent's knew each other when they went to high school and continued to keep in touch with each other after high school as well. Meru is one of North High's most promising students but want's to have a better life beyond the one she has now. And when Vlad begins to talk to her again, she get's the feeling that they could have a relationship between them, but something is wrong is Meru. The question now is, how will it work?

Versions Released:
1st Demo (First 3 Days): http://www.mediafire.com/?tdbwj3a615wweed
Last edited by Shadios on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Our Hearts, Your Days
A story of love, a story of acceptance and a story of rememberance like no other....
1st Demo Release Date: December 2011/Janurary 2012
Main Release Date: Late 2012

emihaumut
Regular
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

Re: Our Hearts, (Y)our Days (BxG, School VN)(Recruiting)

#2 Post by emihaumut »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but senior year at 16? That's pretty young. Isn't it usually 18 (or 19 if you're japan/china)?

Shadios
Regular

#3 Post by Shadios »

This aint good, I only just started this thread and I've already made a mistake >_<

Thanks for that correction
Our Hearts, Your Days
A story of love, a story of acceptance and a story of rememberance like no other....

Kuroneko
Regular
Completed: Eyes of a Dead Fish

#4 Post by Kuroneko »

About the age. ><
It's 15 when leaving jr. high during april usually. 15-16 first year, 16-17 second year 17-18 third year, and there are only three years of high school in Japan.
But that is only Japan so please disregard this if it doesn't apply. o_o;

Good luck on your project. =)
I am also willing to help with sprites if you are interested. ._.;

Shadios
Regular

#5 Post by Shadios »

Thanks, and yes, I'd be happy if you could do the sprites Kuro, just send me an example to the address and I'll take a look at it :D
Our Hearts, Your Days

Shadios
Regular

#6 Post by Shadios »

To anybody thinking that this project is dead, it's not.

I'm slowly gaining progress in it. although I'm only on the SECOND DAY -_-

But there's progress, don't worry~!
Our Hearts, Your Days

PervertPrince
Regular

#7 Post by PervertPrince »

I've played quite a few visual novels like this. They're very common. That's why you must make sure to add something special and unique to the game to give it that extra sparkle so that it doesn't wind up just another forgotten slice of life high school game.
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#8 Post by Samu-kun »

I've played quite a few visual novels like this. They're very common. That's why you must make sure to add something special and unique to the game to give it that extra sparkle so that it doesn't wind up just another forgotten slice of life high school game.
Where can I play more visual novels like this? I need more slice of life research for my project...

I think the title of the project can be a bit more original. It sounds too much like an anagram of "School Days" and "My Soul, Your Beats." There's too much unintentional humor from the references, so maybe you should come up with something that sounds like it could be the title of an anime without just rearranging the words for animes that already exist.

Shadios
Regular

#9 Post by Shadios »

Samu-kun wrote:
Where can I play more visual novels like this? I need more slice of life research for my project...

I think the title of the project can be a bit more original. It sounds too much like an anagram of "School Days" and "My Soul, Your Beats." There's too much unintentional humor from the references, so maybe you should come up with something that sounds like it could be the title of an anime without just rearranging the words for animes that already exist.
In my defense, I didn't watch Angel Beats until three months ago, School Days two months ago. So, I had no idea that it would've been a mix of those two until you pointed it out Samu.

But honestly, that was the best I could come up with. Unless you're willing to supply me another one instead?

Also @PervertPrince: I like the whole "Slice of Life"/"School Life" Genre and I like writing little sappy romance stories, so don't go thinking that this is just some cookie cutter slice of life VN like you've seen a dozen times, who knows. It might be different, it might not.
(Pssk. Eroge. I'm putting it into this VN.)
Our Hearts, Your Days

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#10 Post by Samu-kun »

Surely there must be more titles lying around... I mean, wouldn't "Our Hearts" work as a title just as well?

PervertPrince
Regular

#11 Post by PervertPrince »

Shadios wrote:Also @PervertPrince: I like the whole "Slice of Life"/"School Life" Genre and I like writing little sappy romance stories, so don't go thinking that this is just some cookie cutter slice of life VN like you've seen a dozen times, who knows. It might be different, it might not.
(Pssk. Eroge. I'm putting it into this VN.)
Eroge, ay? Well, that's already a bit different. I've only ever played one high school game like that. Although, I never actually got to that part because it was only a demo ^^"

Shadios
Regular

#12 Post by Shadios »

Samu-kun wrote:Surely there must be more titles lying around... I mean, wouldn't "Our Hearts" work as a title just as well?
Honestly, Our Hearts, (Y)our Days sounds a bit better it kind of rolls off the tongue better and just "Our Hearts" doesn't sound all that good in my honest opinion...

@PervertedPrince:
That it is, which is why I've got somebody who doesn't mind drawing a few ero ero scenes lol
Our Hearts, Your Days

PervertPrince
Regular

#13 Post by PervertPrince »

I actually like 'Our hearts, Your days' better than just 'Our hearts' but, hey, that's just me XD
And, dude, nice. I wish I could get somebody to draw ero scenes for one of my games XD

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Riviera »

I dunno, I actually like the title as it is, too. I never thought of the other two games/animes (I know SD is both, not sure about the other) at all.

I don't honestly think there's enough connecting them for the average person to make those inferences (other than that SD at least is a harem set in a school too). As always, it's up to the creators, though. :)

The only thing I thought of, when I saw the title, was:

Our hearts: The girls you're trying to get endings with
Your days: The protagonist's choices of spending time and how they progress through the game
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Shadios
Regular

#15 Post by Shadios »

Riviera wrote: The only thing I thought of, when I saw the title, was:

Our hearts: The girls you're trying to get endings with
Your days: The protagonist's choices of spending time and how they progress through the game
That's basically what I was hoping people would think of when they saw the title :) Thanks for pointing that out
Our Hearts, Your Days