Help

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Zalkyrion
Projects: Dance With Me
Tumblr: zalkyrion
Deviantart: Twilightprincess06
itch: zalkyria

Help

#1 Post by Zalkyrion »

Alright I'm having an issue in Ren'py which hasn't ever happened to me before. I did a new story did everything I wanted to. I did the background and the people I wanted. So it runs smoothly and then when my girl main character or any other character appears the background just disappears. Can anybody help? I've tried redoing it and leaving the options alone and it didn't work.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Help

#2 Post by Aleema »

How are you naming your images? If the images start with the same word, it will replace anything that has the same word on the screen. Like "bg outside" will replace "bg inside" automatically because they both start with "bg". If that's not the case, post your code.

Zalkyrion
Projects: Dance With Me
Tumblr: zalkyrion
Deviantart: Twilightprincess06
itch: zalkyria

Re: Help

#3 Post by Zalkyrion »

You were right! It solved the issue. I was doing it where the background begun the same name as my character I added bg in front and it worked. Thank you so much! =D YOU ARE THE GREATEST!