A little something regarding my own NaNoRenO project.

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
risingdreams
Regular

A little something regarding my own NaNoRenO project.

#1 Post by risingdreams »

I decided trying to create something to NaNoRenO. I have a plot, and began writing already, even though there are currently two scripts.

The basic premise of my project is: girl meets boy. Girl moves away from boy. Boy dies. Before dying boy makes his friend promise he would take care of her. Boy's friend pretends to be him. Girl finds out and feels guilty because she began falling for the friend. This isn't a spoiler, but the basic premise XD.

The first version is set in Brazil (I'm Brazilian). The protagonist meets the boy during the summer and they promise exchanging messages. One year later she decides visiting him during the winter, when everything is cheaper and has an unpleasent surprise. There are supernatural elements in it.

The second is set in Japan mainly because I thought it would be easier to find resources for a game in this setting. The girl is transferring back to the boy's school. No supernatural elements and the other love interest is pretty much alive, unlike in the other one. [

Which version should I keep writing? Should I continue writing at all? I'm having fun writing both, but I think I'll have to pick one.

And forgive me for being an indecisive bother.
icon from x_dirge_icons@LJ

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

Re: A little something regarding my own NaNoRenO project.

#2 Post by Midnighticequeen »

Simple answer: Which ever story you like the most is the one you should write. In the spirit of NaNoRenO though, I'd advise you to focus on just one for now, complete it, release it as a NaNoRenO project and finish the other one later. Then you can either added on to your already finished NaNoReno game or make it a new game all together.