+C.A.N.D.Y H.E.A.R.T.S+ (G+B) Date Simulation

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
TwilightSummer
Projects: Candy Hearts

+C.A.N.D.Y H.E.A.R.T.S+ (G+B) Date Simulation

#1 Post by TwilightSummer »

Okay I'm going to be completely and utterly real with you, the storyline is very cliche BUT this is just my practice run of making a game in ren'py. And instead of doing a easy Visual Novel I decided to go into the deep end of the pool and do a simulation for my first try :D! So please don't say I don't have much of a imagination cuz I got some really good stories brewing that is NOT cliche and very enjoyable :).

Anyways...Back to ♥Candy Hearts♥!

You will be playing as this 16 year old girl (you will be able to choose what to name her)►Image◄ who isn't interested in being a "love hummingbird" and only believes in true love. Though she isn't looking for love it just ends up finding her anyway. She will meet three boys who end up changing her (and their) world for the better.

♂The Boys♂
AceImage Junee Image Kyle Image

☼ Ace is a 17 year old Korean-american who moved from Korea to California to live with his dad. His parents are divorced and his mom is a alcoholic (big time OxO...) but he still keeps a upbeat attitude. He's the athletic on in this game.
♪♫ Junee (same name pronunciation as the boy in Spy Kids) is a 19 year old who gave up everything just to sing. He goes around doing gigs and sings at karaoke bars for pleasure. One day he plans to make it big. He's the social one in this game.
♣♠ Kyle is a 19 year old college student who had a really uptight life. His parents wanted nothing less then perfect in his life. He maybe strict on the outside but there is a kid inside wanting to beak free. He's the intelligence on in this game.

§Objective§
Simple. You will be given things to do in the morning, noon, and evening. Depending on what you do, your social, strength, and/or intelligence will rise (or drop, depending). Whichever skill rises to 100 first, that's the boy you will end the game with.

○ Some cool things to know○
1) You will be able to listen to real music from real artist when you go to the karaoke bar [don't worry i claimed no rights to them XD] and you can choose what song you character can sing.
2) When you go to the mall you can type up what she buys and she'll remember it.
•◘Won't Have◘•
It won't have a multiple ending senerios like most games I've played.

I hope this interest you in wanting to play :). I'm a newbie at all this so there may be some mistakes I missed. I'm working out the bugs right now so you got to hang tight a little longer >.<. When I release it I would LOVELOVELOVE if you give me some feedback on what was good and what was not (be as harsh as you want, you won't hurt my feelings, its a growing experience after all :)). Till then tata *wave*!!

Screen Shots

ImageImageImage

Wolfzau
Projects: Unnamed Commercial Project

Re: +C.A.N.D.Y H.E.A.R.T.S+ (G+B) Date Simulation

#2 Post by Wolfzau »

Man, you worry too much.

Cliche or not, the important thing is you're DOING it. As you said it's a learning experience and imho it's quite admirable that you've decided to dive right into the deep end. When the games ready I'll give it a whirl and let you know my thoughts (not that they're particularly worth anything mind)

P.S. The art is cool, so kutos for that to :D

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

I LOL when I saw NU ABO in the screenshot.
I'll be ready to play your game when you are :)
The boys look cool.
(btw, lots of typos in your summary, but i care less XD)

TwilightSummer

#4 Post by TwilightSummer »

Wolfzau wrote:Man, you worry too much.

Cliche or not, the important thing is you're DOING it. As you said it's a learning experience and imho it's quite admirable that you've decided to dive right into the deep end. When the games ready I'll give it a whirl and let you know my thoughts (not that they're particularly worth anything mind)

P.S. The art is cool, so kutos for that to :D
Haha, I was always a worry bug when it came to certain things like this lol. But thanks so much :D!

TwilightSummer

#5 Post by TwilightSummer »

nero279 wrote:I LOL when I saw NU ABO in the screenshot.
I'll be ready to play your game when you are :)
The boys look cool.
(btw, lots of typos in your summary, but i care less XD)

Thanks lol

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#6 Post by azureXtwilight »

Good premise! :D Looking forward to it!
Shouldn't this be in the recruitment or game in progress section, by the way? ._.

TwilightSummer

#7 Post by TwilightSummer »

azureXtwilight wrote:Good premise! :D Looking forward to it!
Shouldn't this be in the recruitment or game in progress section, by the way? ._.
Your right *o*!! I didn't realize >_O.....But thanks ^^

Abeiramar
Regular

#8 Post by Abeiramar »

Hi, just wanted to leave a message of encouragement:
Don't worry if it's cliché, what matters is that you like it!!
Besides, I really like the way you draw clothes *_* .

Be careful with simulations though, they require some work to code properly and that might not be very motivating for you to finish your work (I speak of my own experience, the first VN I planned was supposed to be a big sim visual novel game but it was so hard to code and my skills were lacking so much that I gave up... and I wasn't even halfway of the story! Everything started to get frustrating...)
My advice is for you to go with something simple, that doesn't require mad coding skills : > .
Wish you lots of good luck with your project :) .

TwilightSummer

#9 Post by TwilightSummer »

Abeiramar wrote:Hi, just wanted to leave a message of encouragement:
Don't worry if it's cliché, what matters is that you like it!!
Besides, I really like the way you draw clothes *_* .

Be careful with simulations though, they require some work to code properly and that might not be very motivating for you to finish your work (I speak of my own experience, the first VN I planned was supposed to be a big sim visual novel game but it was so hard to code and my skills were lacking so much that I gave up... and I wasn't even halfway of the story! Everything started to get frustrating...)
My advice is for you to go with something simple, that doesn't require mad coding skills : > .
Wish you lots of good luck with your project :) .
Haha ty ^w^! And I'm already done with the coding for the simulation I just need to get the boys stories in and work out a few more bugs then I'm done lol. I've already finished Ace's story so I'm on to Junee's now. I should be done by the middle of April or sooner depending on my schedule.

Celestine
Veteran

#10 Post by Celestine »

Your different preferences inside the game is a neat idea. Good luck on it.
Your sprites are cute. The 2nd one reminds me of those pretty boy-girly types in mangas. It's fresh idea, I like it. The girl sprite looks adorable.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.