Your favorite types of obtainable guys <3

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

Your favorite types of obtainable guys <3

#1 Post by Snowflower »

There might have been this kind of forum topic in the past, but I would like to recreate it so that I can get a good grip on which kind of guys would be the best to be featured in a VN project.

There are, of course, many choices to choose from.

1. The cool, silent type

2. Outgoing, friendly type

3. Stuck-up rich brat (with some good qualities)

4. Tough, protective guy

5. The sweetheart

6. The clueless guy

7. Stubborn guy

8. Flirty player

9. Cute, clumsy guy

10. Jock

11. Antagonist turned love interest

12. The hot bishounen (Not that the above guys aren't already XD )

13. ????? Any more?

Write which type of anime guy you are most attracted to and WHY :3

——————
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

Re: Your favorite types of obtainable guys <3

#2 Post by Snowflower »

Me: I would say I'm more drawn to the cool, silent type mixed with a "villain turned love interest" <3

IDK why, but I'm always pursuing those type of guys in VNs first :3 I guess I have a thing for bad, mysterious boys, VN & in real life. Hohoho

& I love piercings in anime boys' drawings <3
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#3 Post by Pyonkotchi »

The clumsy type and the clueless type. And I like them nerdy boiz
I'm a sucker for awkward guys, And nice guys in general. nice guyysss <3 Nice guy as in "he's a sweetheart, boy-next-door and a bit awkward but for some reason girls don't really notice him" or something. like the childhood friend type but he doesnt have to be a child friend.

I like those cold, calm, Defrosting Ice King types. go from cold -> Awkward and sweet for maximum damage n3n

I'm picky about them cold types, if they're more douchebag than just simply calm and collected, he'll be the last I pursue, :V

ADD GLASSES FOR MAXIMUM DAMAGE
And long hair
and ponytail
and a suit
or somesort of uniform
or a labcoat
hnnggg

kamiruxkamiru
Regular
Projects: Mafia's Queen

#4 Post by kamiruxkamiru »

The cool, silent type-not really the silent type. i just love those guys cuz(they are usually tsunderes or yanderes<--big fan of those deres) i.e. Ichinose Ren XD

Outgoing, friendly type- who wouldn't want a refreshing guy? Sawayaka soukai!--Sawayaka banchou Xd and Kazehaya-likes

stuck up rich brats(with some good qualities)- usually, all of those guys i like are all damned rich and famous.

Tough, protective guy- love them cause they are so cool(and they are usually the tsundere types once again) reminds me of Tsundere banchou and Miyaji Ryunosuke(though i don't think miyaji is ''that'' protective, kanata fits more on this description)

Flirty player-how awesome it feels to change someone like that? Reminds me of Mizushima Iku and Alvaro.

Antagonist turned love interest- enemies turns lovey-dovies! hehe. usual type but i love it for unknown reason.

The hot bishounen (Not that the above guys aren't already XD )-i don't think i've ever played a game with no bishounen guys(wait, i think its lucian bees but they lateer turned bishies so doesn't count as not bishies).

>sorry for making examples and such. just so everyone knows here is the list of which game they are from:
Ichinose Ren- love revo!
Tsundere Banchou, Sawayaka Banchou-Ren'ai banchou
Mizushima Iku, Ryunosuke Miyaji, Kanata-Starry sky series
Kazehaya-kimi ni todoke
Alvaro-Wand of Fortune

PLUS:

Loves tsundere, yandere, kuudere, megane.

i think thats it(i never explained the reason much though since they are really unexplainable, i just love them and the reason why is because they are lovable! x3)

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#5 Post by SilverxBlue »

Definitely the cool, silent type and the calm and collected guy, I'm a big sucker for those kind of guys and I'd give very big plus points if he is a megane..! I usually go for those kinds first. I can't really think of a proper reason why. I just get attracted to them so easily, even in real life. :oops:
I also like those cute, clumsy ones I'm sure love confessions from them would be just so sweet and cute that every girl would say "Awww...".
If I could give samples maybe Himuro Reichii from Tokimeki Memorial, Soutarou Kanou from Kaichou wa Maid Sama and Travis from Re: Alistair for the megane types, but for the ones that are not maybe Senri Shiki from Vampire Knight and Alben from Date Warp.
Pyonkotchi wrote:ADD GLASSES FOR MAXIMUM DAMAGE
Totally agree with you there!
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#6 Post by Snowflower »

Pyonkotchi: Oh my goodness, when the glasses guys take off their glasses during a CG!! GYAAAHHHHH & defrosting Ice Kings are HAWT!

kamiruxkamiru: I LOVE the tsunderes too! They are just too irresistible for me to pass up.

SilverxBlue: I know, my anime guy type seems to correlate with my real life type too! Weird... because my anime types are too perfect to be real. Hmm...

platonicheart
Veteran
Projects: Learning to Love

#7 Post by platonicheart »

As for me I would pick the cool and silent type, but only if he was only misunderstood as one. Like, his true personality is someone who really wants to communicate with others but is restricted due to some reason. That's what the heroine would be finding out which makes a guy with that characteristic the BEST!!!

Hehe, well, that's it for my weird opinion :D

Currently working on Learning to Love

proofreading: the beach and yuki academy

My DeviantArt: http://platonicheart.deviantart.com/

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#8 Post by SilverxBlue »

@snowflower- Haha, I found that weird too, whenever I see a new character that I like and tell a friend about it, my friend would say; "He kinda looks and acts like your crush doesn't he?" and I'm just gonna reply with "I guess."

@platonicheart - Kinda like Uchiha Sasuke? He's not the type who wants to talk to others though, he's just the vengeful type.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

platonicheart
Veteran
Projects: Learning to Love

#9 Post by platonicheart »

@platonicheart - Kinda like Uchiha Sasuke? He's not the type who wants to talk to others though, he's just the vengeful type.
Nah, I don't think so. I not a fan of sasuke uchiha. What i meant is that someone who everyone thinks that he is cool and silent but the true him is someone who is willing to talk to everyone and finds it somehow irritating that everyone thinks that he is cool and silent which he isn't. That he longs for someone to see the real him and be able to act himself around here. Something like that. Just imagine if a guy who is silent when with others but when with you he is alive and cheerful and showing his true side...haha, I think it's a blast f romantic scenes!!!! :lol: Haha, you might probably be thinking that it's weird :D

Currently working on Learning to Love

proofreading: the beach and yuki academy

My DeviantArt: http://platonicheart.deviantart.com/

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by SilverxBlue »

Oh! Now I see. Don't worry I don't think it's weird, I think the one you mean is a Kuudere, I think type 2 to be exact.
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#11 Post by Snowflower »

<3 <3 <3 <3 Sasuke

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#12 Post by azureXtwilight »

The DEADPAN SNARKER.

Hands down.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#13 Post by kinougames »

Guys that are actually girls!
Trans men
I'm going to go with the deadpan snarker because that guy is hawwwwwwwwt.
Dubious asshole: Like Axel from KH2. Seems to play both sides, and you're not really sure until later on where he's going to go.
ADD GLASSES FOR MAXIMUM DAMAGE
And long hair
and ponytail
and a suit
or somesort of uniform
or a labcoat
hnnggg
lol, it's Kazu! http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/ ... 2xp28j.jpg (He doesn't have his labcoat in the picture.)
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

choklitchan
Regular

#14 Post by choklitchan »

In the order of preference:
1. The cool, silent type
I like the kind of guy that is a one-girl guy only. If a guy is too easy to get, what's the fun in that? :D This type of guy is usually the smartest and knows what's going on, and that's always cool.

2. The tough, protective guy
I like the tough tsundere-turned-reluctant-sweetie. Example: Kurosaki from the manga Dengenki Daisy. This sort of guy who usually has his act together is so cute when he falls apart around the girl he likes.

And… I'm not sure where would go, but… the guy who can deliver a killer one-liner. XD
Finished:
Shrinkled
Mobile Food Madness (Polymorphic Games)
Works in Progress
The Truth of the Legends (Hiatus)

DaR
Regular

#15 Post by DaR »

My favorite: Tough and Protective guys, almost hands-down (cute and clumsy ones are nice too). I just find it so cute when a guy who is normally the worst thing out there, the scourge of the area, and who inspires fear -I'm exaggerating a bit, obviously- totally loses it when the girl he likes does something that he thinks might hurt her. Best thing about it is that it's often not dangerous at all and he still freaks out.
I support Mr. Darcy~ <3