Looking for sadists.

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
sare
Projects: Stigmata Stories:Emotion Notion

Looking for sadists.

#1 Post by sare »

...for my visual novel project. It's still wip, and so far I'm working on this alone, but I'm not confident with the quality. I would like for 2-3 editors who will not hold back in commenting and keep me in check while working on this. I guess when I'm doing this myself I'm being too lenient with the deadlines.

I prefer editors who can work in both AmE and BrE and can differentiate between the two, since the protagonist uses a mixture of both (since he is not a native speaker) but the characters around him uses BrE. To put it in simpler form, the protagonist is an immigrant moving to the UK. Also, having basic knowledge in Ren'py is a plus; it would be better if you can run/edit the script in the file itself.

This work does not contain any pictures or music and is still in development; but I really need to have some feedback on first impressions of the story. This build contains the first 2 days of the story. If I am to describe the genre, it would be sci-fi/fantasy/thriller.

Please post your opinion here. And if you are interested of continue working on this with me please say so in your comment as well. I will sent the updated build every week by pm. ^_^. I'm planning to release this as freeware, but I ask not to leak the story too much until the real release and not to mirror the builds I've uploaded.

And so, I present to you Stigmata Stories Emotion Notion vol1.

And here's some concept of the main characters.

Attachments
SSEN vol 1 back-win32.zip
(5.36 MiB) Downloaded 43 times

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Looking for sadists.

#2 Post by LVUER »

I was shivering when reading the thread title "This is one dangerous thread, ban one who made it" (jk, really ^_^ )

I honestly thought that you're looking for a sadist to draw or write a S&M or some sadistic rape VN...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

sare

#3 Post by sare »

well, uh no. I just think this title would have more impact lol.

But it's true I'm kinda looking for somewhat sadistic person for this project. Because this is not one of those fluffy vn project, blood and dismemberment fills the plot.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by HigurashiKira »

I won't mind being a beta reader for this projectif that's what you're looking for.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

sare

#5 Post by sare »

I am looking for more editors/ checker~

Please download the test build and give me your opinion (lol shameless bump)

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by HigurashiKira »

First things first: Give me a working version of the game. The thing just gives me a white screen and nothing else.

http://puu.sh/1AWx
^image

sare

#7 Post by sare »

Quoting myself:
sare wrote:
This work does not contain any pictures or music and is still in development; but I really need to have some feedback on first impressions of the story. This build contains the first 2 days of the story. If I am to describe the genre, it would be sci-fi/fantasy/thriller.
Yes I do aware of that. What I wanted is someone who can supervise the writing and the picture etc will be added once it is done. However, the images/sprites placement etc were also coded at the same time as writing (it's just hidden with comment##), thus the reason I asked for someone who have a bit of knowledge in the programming who is able to edit the story's text that is jumbled up within the game script.

I actually wrote the whole thing directly into the game than on paper first so that I can check how the text look like in the game.

So for example when you read

"Everything went black after that."
"When I wakes up, everything is silent. I wanted to surf the net at first, but decided not to since I am tired of the net lately."

The actual file you will be editing will be like this:

"Everything went black after that."
##show room
##with fade

nvl clear

"When I wakes up, everything is silent. I wanted to surf the net at first, but decided not to since I am tired of the net lately."

Rather than writing the whole story just find out it is not working for the game (eg too long to fit screen,crashing) I would prefer to write the story like this,so that I can see how the text appear in-game. So technically, the game IS working.

So again; what I wanted from a person as an editor is that he/she not only able to correct grammatical/plot error, but also be able to edit within all these code-ridden story files.

I know at this point it looks very bland with only texts with no picture whatsoever, but please understand that I need someone who can look at text only without pictures etc.It is the writing that I needed help with, and not the graphics at the moment.

So is there anyone still up for the request?
I will properly credit everyone involved in this production.

...If you find this is tl;dr or a trouble too complicated that it's not worth it, please don't apply. I'd prefer people who can stick till the completion of the task.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by HigurashiKira »

Ok, I put the image into GIMP and saw that I was on the Main Menu (Please, choose a darker color scheme ;___;). Did a quick read through what you put and so far sounds good, I'll send you a PM later with the format in which I want the file in so I can start checking the story.

sare

#9 Post by sare »

I'm still looking for editors. Here's a sample what the work will be. All instructions are contained within.
Attachments
edit file 1.rar
(358.06 KiB) Downloaded 33 times