Be My Master Remake(canceled)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Fawn
Moe Imouto

Be My Master Remake(canceled)

#1 Post by Fawn »

(Project canceled. Sorry!)
Last edited by Fawn on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

Re: Be My Master Remake! Coder and proofreaders needed!

#2 Post by Crocosquirrel »

I personally thought the first game was kyute, and a remake will be even better. I'll proofread if you want, but I'm otherwise pretty swamped.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Fawn
Moe Imouto

Re: Be My Master Remake! Coder and proofreaders needed!

#3 Post by Fawn »

DarkSpartan wrote:I personally thought the first game was kyute, and a remake will be even better. I'll proofread if you want, but I'm otherwise pretty swamped.
Thankyou so much! ^__^ It would be great if you could proofread, I'm so bad at keeping my plots straight lol

Ren

Re: Be My Master Remake! Help needed, sketches up

#4 Post by Ren »

Hehe, I remember when you made the original, and I uploaded it to the RenAi archives.

Your drawings got better in the mean time, I'll keep an eye on this. :)

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#5 Post by Fawn »

Ren wrote:Hehe, I remember when you made the original, and I uploaded it to the RenAi archives.

Your drawings got better in the mean time, I'll keep an eye on this. :)
ahh yeah, when I was a wee little noob xD Thankyou for uploading it back then! and thanks... I've learned a little anatomy now I guess lol

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#6 Post by Sapphi »

Hey, I remember you!

Always love to hear about kemonomimi games ^_^
I played the original Be My Master, but I don't remember much about it other than I was disappointed that it was so short and IIRC some of the choices immediately made you get a bad end.

But...
Once you get it up, I will be happy to proofread.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#7 Post by Fawn »

I remember you too! :D Yeah it was short lol. I thought that quick ending thing would be "unique", but yeah... it was silly lol. I'd be so happy if you read it!

on another note, I've finished the lines for Serenade's first sprite. Please tell me if you see anything weird about it so I can fix it up!
serenadeprev1.png

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Sapphi »

Hm. Since you've said her clothes are supposed to be somewhat baggy on her, I would definitely add more wrinkles to her shirt. Right now, it looks a little flat, which makes it look like it's more fitted, which makes her look like she has no shape. Also, I think her crotch area shouldn't be flat if she's wearing jean shorts, it would be more like a V.

I'd also like to add that she looks considerably more devious here than she does in your concept art. I think it's the slant to her eyes. Personally, I like the concept version more, but it's your character. :b
— William Faulkner

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#9 Post by Fawn »

Sapphi wrote:Hm. Since you've said her clothes are supposed to be somewhat baggy on her, I would definitely add more wrinkles to her shirt. Right now, it looks a little flat, which makes it look like it's more fitted, which makes her look like she has no shape. Also, I think her crotch area shouldn't be flat if she's wearing jean shorts, it would be more like a V.

I'd also like to add that she looks considerably more devious here than she does in your concept art. I think it's the slant to her eyes. Personally, I like the concept version more, but it's your character. :b
Ahh yeah... I kinda made it too small I guess xP; Colors make it look less flat, hopefully. And yeah... I definently have trouble keeping my eyes the same over time D:

However, I started coloring...
serprev2.png
It's a bit meh. I'm trying for more simple coloring since I'll be doing a lot of Cgs, however I hope it looks okay...

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Sapphi »

Ah, I think the coloring adds a lot to it. It does somewhat help the shirt issue too. You could always add in some shaded wrinkles too, if you wanted.

I think something I noticed personally that helped my eyes stay consistent, was that their shape is generally linked to a character's personality. For instance, to use Lucky Star as an example, Kagami's angular eyes are common of a tsundere character type and Tsukasa's are a more innocent, friendly type. When designing characters, I tend to keep this in mind now (previously I paid little attention to eye shape) and it tends to help "profile" a character without them ever speaking. Just looks can suggest a lot. Then, if I know my character's personality, I'll be more likely to remember how they look because it's who they are. That might not make sense to anyone but me, but whatever.

I like the soft look! I can never get my stuff to look like that. Do her skin and hair have outlines? I can't tell. Maybe that's what makes so soft.
— William Faulkner

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#11 Post by Fawn »

Sapphi wrote:Ah, I think the coloring adds a lot to it. It does somewhat help the shirt issue too. You could always add in some shaded wrinkles too, if you wanted.

I think something I noticed personally that helped my eyes stay consistent, was that their shape is generally linked to a character's personality. For instance, to use Lucky Star as an example, Kagami's angular eyes are common of a tsundere character type and Tsukasa's are a more innocent, friendly type. When designing characters, I tend to keep this in mind now (previously I paid little attention to eye shape) and it tends to help "profile" a character without them ever speaking. Just looks can suggest a lot. Then, if I know my character's personality, I'll be more likely to remember how they look because it's who they are. That might not make sense to anyone but me, but whatever.

I like the soft look! I can never get my stuff to look like that. Do her skin and hair have outlines? I can't tell. Maybe that's what makes so soft.
Lol no actually, I know exactly what you're talking about :D Serenade is a bit devious, so I made her eyes more slanted, unlike Sarah's, that are round and open. It is alot easier to categorize you chracters that way :3

Thanks! yeah there's lines, but I always color my lineart. The lineart coloring tool in SAI is really nifty, even with thick lines it can make them disappear into the picture!

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#12 Post by Fawn »

Some little updates:

- Plotline and some script done for parts 1.a-1.c and 2.a. The first (and hopefully only) demo will include parts 1.a through 1.b.

- All music has been gathered from the lovely indie music site Jamendo. Here is the opening theme I chose, by my one of my favorite Jamendo artists, Lada Laika: http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/347908 Ignore the odd sounding title, it's a lovely 8-bitty piece. The rest of his work is great as well- I'm using many of his other tracks, (mostly tracks from In Flames EP: http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/55912) for BGM.

- 3 Cgs have been sketched along with a promotional "poster" for the game. Annnd...
serecomplete1.png
Serenade's sprite is complete. :) She has 7 or so expressions, all very catlike, hehehe. I'm working on a sketch for Sarah's now, however, I'm having a hard time picking a good pose for her. She's shy but secretly very confident, so I don't really know how to portray her in her sprite form... If anyone has any ideas you'd think would work, please post em!!

Still looking for a coder to help out. Like I said before, I'll pay anyone who codes for me in art (sorry no money yet lol).

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Sapphi »

Fawn wrote: Serenade's sprite is complete. :) She has 7 or so expressions, all very catlike, hehehe. I'm working on a sketch for Sarah's now, however, I'm having a hard time picking a good pose for her. She's shy but secretly very confident, so I don't really know how to portray her in her sprite form... If anyone has any ideas you'd think would work, please post em!!
Your coloring looks great! ^_^

My personal "cheat-sheet" method... go to the Visual Novel Database wiki... randomize VNs, look at the ones that have screenshots, save the ones with interesting poses, use as reference. Bwahahaha.... Be warned, though. I have seen quite a few professional poses that could not possibly be replicated in real life comfortably or believably :b
— William Faulkner

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#14 Post by Fawn »

Sapphi wrote:
Fawn wrote: Serenade's sprite is complete. :) She has 7 or so expressions, all very catlike, hehehe. I'm working on a sketch for Sarah's now, however, I'm having a hard time picking a good pose for her. She's shy but secretly very confident, so I don't really know how to portray her in her sprite form... If anyone has any ideas you'd think would work, please post em!!
Your coloring looks great! ^_^

My personal "cheat-sheet" method... go to the Visual Novel Database wiki... randomize VNs, look at the ones that have screenshots, save the ones with interesting poses, use as reference. Bwahahaha.... Be warned, though. I have seen quite a few professional poses that could not possibly be replicated in real life comfortably or believably :b
LOL ah it's true. specially with some fanservice poses!!
btw, do you have a thread up for your project? :O I'd love to see it!

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#15 Post by broken_angel »

I'm not an expert programmer or anything (though I plan to be some day), but I'm pretty good with coding ui graphics, stats, imagemaps, multiple choice paths, etc. (thanks to Starlit Dreams...har har. Sim games are so complex...@.@).

So, I would be happy to code for you, but in the end, it depends on what all you want to do (and whether you have the graphics you want to include made already, 'cause I'm really bad at those xD;; ). If you'd like a sample, I can give you the link to the very preliminary, missing-a-lot-of-stuff demo of Starlit Dreams (which gives you an idea of the overall gameplay mechanics)...or you can check out my other game, which is complete, but probably doesn't have the kind of more complex material you're looking for.