Wanderer

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Verity
Regular
Projects: Wanderer

Wanderer

#1 Post by Verity »

Figured it was about time I posted a topic for this.

A girl wakes up on the side of a river, remembering nothing of who she is or where she's been. Her only clue to her previous existence is a note: "Your name is Bethany Grey."

As it turns out, she's wandered into the courts of Faerie, which are beautiful as they are dangerous. And while she waits for the day of the Solstice, when the portal between the human world and Faerie opens so that she may return home, she still feels that there's something... missing. Something that she needs to remember.

And as the Solstice approaches, her time grows shorter...

###

Something like 5+ endings, probably around 50-60k words in total (it's about a third written at this point, and partially edited). Aaaaand unfortunately I can't tell you much about the rest because otherwise it'll spoil a lot of the story, haha >_>

I'm working on this for an independent study college course in artificial intelligence since my advisor is cool with visual novels; I'm going to be working with some people in the comp sci and psych departments of my university on ways to model relationship and trust-building. Hopefully it will be cool!

Devblog is here: http://extrashiny.tumblr.com/; has concept arts. I'll probably also post some to this thread once I have more of them! Here's one for starters.

Main character, Bethany Grey:

Machus
Regular
Completed: Haircuts, 99 Luftballons

Re: Wanderer

#2 Post by Machus »

I assume this is a VN?
Though it could be a Dating Sim with the solstice setup...
Unless there's no renai. xD
Well, sounds pretty interesting, looking forward to it! :D
I'm available as a proofreader, just PM me. Thanks!

~Mau

Verity
Regular
Projects: Wanderer

Re: Wanderer

#3 Post by Verity »

Haha, yeah, VN. There's not really much romance, unless you turn your head sideways and squint. I'm glad it sounds interesting to you :3