Just a few questions before I start making my game

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Just a few questions before I start making my game

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Attachments
miko sprite.jpg
miko mock screenshot.jpg
Eileen_Sprite_Template_Headline.jpg
Eileen_Sprite_Template_Preview.jpg
wireframe.jpg
club.jpg
lecturehall.jpg
uni.jpg
meadow.jpg
Uncle Mugen Seal of Approval.png
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:44 am, edited 9 times in total.

absinthe
Regular

Re: Just a few questions before I start making my game

#2 Post by absinthe »

mugenjohncel wrote: Question #1
I plan to make several endings for my game problem is I really don't have a clue as how to do it.

Does a tutorial exist on how to do this (the one on Ren'py is a bit hard for me to understand) and if there is (there has to be) please tell me where (Sorry about my english).
I may not be understanding your question quite right. :) The actual structure of your endings (basically, what makes one ending show instead of another) is up to you... there are lots of ways to do this ranging from if/else statements to point counters.

I used the tutorials here a lot when I was starting out with Ren'Py... they show how to do a lot of stuff.

If I can help (I'm no expert, but I know the basics) just let me know.
mugenjohncel wrote: Question #3
Is there any Royalty Free Music out there (Meaning: Free Music - I'd love to put some BGM into my finished game but a little bit worried about being sued since I barely have enough money to even sustain myself)
You should definitely try the resources thread (I had to search for it, it's probably right in front of my face but I couldn't see it). Oh, and don't forget Creative Commons -- lots of good music, but the licenses can be confusing. :)
My 2007 NaNo entry: Eidolon

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#3 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Attachments
Uncle Mugen.jpg
Uncle Mugen.jpg (44.7 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

mugenjohncel wrote:Now if only I could find a way to distribute my finished game.
(Example: Someone willing to host my file and things like that)
The Ren'Ai Archives is such a site. There are a number of games hosted (sometimes exclusively) at the RAA, and this is its main purpose, to host the games when their creators can't. Check out http://www.renai.us :)

Welcome to the forums, and good luck with your project.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5 Post by PyTom »

Well, hosting games when the creators can't is one of two main purposes of the Archives. The second is to ensure the continued existence and availability of the games even if the creators lose interest, or are incapacitated, or....

Anyway, your questions seem to have be satifactorily answered by others, so as the creator of Ren'Py I'd like to say "you're welcome", and as a regular around here I'd like to say just "Welcome!".
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom