Let's talk about pets ^^

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

Re: Let's talk about pets ^^

#16 Post by Snowflower »

Elenakiara wrote:@ Snowflower: While it shows that you love animals, I'd recommend adopting the next pet. In my city alone, there were dozens of puppy mills that were discovered in the past few years. I know that not all pet stores get their puppies from puppy mills, there are so many dogs waiting for owners! :3 I won't go too much into that though, since it might kind of turn into another conversation and be off-topic. xD

Back on topic: I can't wait to see the photos! :3
I do understand where you are coming from, but the pet store I work with has breeders that has licenses, the owner of the store knows each breeders, and the store itself has been in the business for 40+ years without a single pause (& all the breeders we use are the exact same ones from the start)
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#17 Post by Camille »

redcat wrote:*saving all the pet photos to hard disk*

Btw, does anyone have a pet with "peculiar" habit?
One of my cats used to love eating fresh sweet corn. Yes, you read it right... CORN.
The Angora one used to love eating sweet Papaya. She even tried to steal it from the kitchen when we weren't looking! :shock:

Me and my sister laughed when we discovered that cats could become vegetarians :lol:
My cat Yuki is just like a dog. She comes when you call her, will fetch a ball if you throw it, and meows at strangers. LOL... Strangely enough, she also likes eating corn, and also likes kicking the cob around after she's eaten all the corn off of it.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#18 Post by Sapphi »

All of everyone's pets are sooo adorable!
I'm like platonichearts. I've never met a cat I didn't like. I go out of my way to meet cats I find in my town and name them... so I have a lot of cat friends :mrgreen: I like dogs, too, but I never had a dog growing up, so when it comes to dogs I get a little uneasy because I'm more familiar with "cat language". One day I hope I can have a big German Shepherd or a Border Collie or something, though. *likes big, wolfy dogs*

I know I posted at least one picture of my cat Penny on another thread, but here she is again...
HNI_0100.JPG
She only has one good eye, as you can see. She's going to be four years old in July... I can't believe it! :D (she was rescued extremely close to death and my mom didn't think she would live) She is my extra special kitty. Her weird quirk: she loves being scooped up under her chest fast so that it forces the air out of her. Very weird, but the more you do it, the harder she purrs, rubs, and wants to play with you. She also had a foot fetish for only one day... my boyfriend was wearing socks, and Penny suddenly started rubbing her face furiously on his feet and biting and licking them. It was extremely funny but she's never done it again :lol: And even though I'm the one who saved her life, my boyfriend is her favorite person. She instantly perks up when she hears his voice and will get up to come see him (and lay in his lap) >w<
HNI_0090.JPG
This is Kyoji, my boyfriend's cat. He started out as a stray who eventually began to trust us and became one of the most loving, adorable sweethearts of a cat that I have ever met. He's always jumping on my lap when I'm there >w< He's the type of cat who memorizes the sound of your car and greets you when you pull up (I have to yell at him not to come into the street) and follows you around the yard to see what you're up to. He's also a very emotional cat. Once, when he was living with me temporarily, he clawed at my window screen. It was a brand new screen so I yelled at him to stop... most cats I've had will just stop what they're doing and brush it off, but he actually laid down on the window sill and sulked for awhile >w< He also really pouted when a new stray cat came to visit and we paid more attention to the new cat than him. He loves to be petted, but my boyfriend tried to pet him to comfort him and he pretended he didn't feel anything! :lol: His weird quirk is that he loooves having his belly rubbed and likes to be patted roughly like a dog. I guess he does act pretty doglike for a cat!

(As you can probably tell, I could talk for hours about all the cats I know/have known... the hallmark of a future crazy cat lady! :lol: )
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Well, here's my pet: Her name is Kuu~ <3
DSC_0107.JPG
Kuu-chan licking a lollipop *edited*
Kuu-chan licking a lollipop *edited*
Yeah, she is a chihuahua. I love cats but I love dogs the most... they are fun, I dunno but I once raised a cat but he just always sleeps and not playing with me(when he does, all he do is scratch me :( ) unlike dogs, they are fun to play with(in my opinion)

She loves eating and was overweight T^T We both have an intense dietorama now XD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#20 Post by SilverxBlue »

One of my cats used to love eating fresh sweet corn. Yes, you read it right... CORN.
The Angora one used to love eating sweet Papaya. She even tried to steal it from the kitchen when we weren't looking! :shock:

Me and my sister laughed when we discovered that cats could become vegetarians :lol:
My dog LOVES beef! I mean he doesn't eat anything besides it, we tried giving him the usual dog food and he leaves it alone and tries to scratch our fridge while making those moaning sounds. (As if begging it to open up.)
My dad complains a lot because our dog's tastes in food are too expensive.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

platonicheart
Veteran
Projects: Learning to Love

#21 Post by platonicheart »

Ow, ow...mine has, Hershey (obviously my cat) also loves eating corn, Japanese corn to be exact (ugh...I'm starting to wonder if it's a cat or a chicke :lol: ) Also, he can open some doors in our house, so whenever we here a slam, we'd figure out that it's our cat. :D

Currently working on Learning to Love

proofreading: the beach and yuki academy

My DeviantArt: http://platonicheart.deviantart.com/

platonicheart
Veteran

#22 Post by platonicheart »

Well, it looks like cat lovers are dominant as of these moment (come on dog lovers, show off your dog pet ^^ )
Anyways, aside from cat, I do like rabbits... Here's a picture of them ^^
DSC00457.JPG
I hope I can see more photos and infos of anyone's pet...THEY'RE JUST SO ADORABLE TO LOOK AT!!! :D

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#23 Post by LVUER »

Camille wrote:I have two cats, Hideyoshi (normally we just call him Hide) and Yuki.
Why not name the other cat Nobunaga? Add one more with name Ieyasu and then you get one compele set ^_^

I don't know if this is only my dog, but my dog really loves any food that "puni-puni" like jelly or gelatin.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Camille »

LVUER wrote:
Camille wrote:I have two cats, Hideyoshi (normally we just call him Hide) and Yuki.
Why not name the other cat Nobunaga? Add one more with name Ieyasu and then you get one compele set ^_^
Haha as tempting as that is (SENBASA FTW?), we actually named him after the character from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu because originally we thought he was a girl. Then we took him to the vet and, uh, found out that he ... wasn't.

platonicheart
Veteran

#25 Post by platonicheart »

Haha as tempting as that is (SENBASA FTW?), we actually named him after the character from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu because originally we thought he was a girl. Then we took him to the vet and, uh, found out that he ... wasn't.
Sometimes I encounter mistakes like that... Naming my pet then one day finding out that it has the opposite gender as to what we used to think (poor pets....haha :lol: )

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Camille »

platonicheart wrote:
Sometimes I encounter mistakes like that... Naming my pet then one day finding out that it has the opposite gender as to what we used to think (poor pets....haha :lol: )
Lmao so now my pet cat is named after a trap. It's great.

platonicheart
Veteran

#27 Post by platonicheart »

Fawn wrote:Oh goodness, the cat photos have infiltrated Lemmasoft! No area of the internet is safe from them! xD

I had a hairless Sphinx cat, we adopted her. Unfortunately when we got our second pet, a poodle, we had to give her away. (The poodle's a little diva and was trying to hurt the poor ol' cat)
I'd have to agree with the reptile thing, I'd love to have a snake. They're so adorable the way they curl around your arm and look you in the face like "Hey, what's up? Nice arm you have here."
That's unique point of view you have there XD I have to say, you're quite brave for wanting a pet snake (I'm scared....crawls to the corner then disappears :shock: )

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by OtomeWeekend »

s-snake!? *looks around* gosh, I was almost bitten by a snake once when i was a kid so phobia is acting up. ^_^'
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#29 Post by SilverxBlue »

I remember one funny moment where my step mother saw a snake, it was early morning I was preparing for school and then she was putting make up on preparing for work... and then I saw the snake and screamed "Gah..! a Snake!" then she ran out with a panicked look, I totally laughed my ass out, I was scared myself, but her look was just Golden..! I know I'm being mean here, but she is a real big fat meanie towards me so...
My brother wanted to keep the snake but my step mom was really freaking out so our "house-boy" decided to kill it.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#30 Post by Tachyglossus »

In reference to peculiar eating habits...

Tymora tries to eat my muffins. She seems to like lemon poppysed best, which is strange since most cats have an inherent dislike for citrus. She also loves frosting, imitation maple syrup, icecream, and DOESN'T like meat. At all. She'll occasionally eat tuna. But that's it.

And, hey, I totally agree that it's SO adorable the way snakes coil around you. I like that clingy feeling, and find it soothing feeling all of their muscles contract and expand (depending on the type of snake, different snakes actually move differently) as they slither about on your body. I also like the texture of scales, their cool or warm temperature body.... I really want a snake now. I think hog nosed snakes are the cutest, but I like most of them.

One day I'll get pictures, and then we'll have TWO one-eyed cats on here!