Goodbye From Lemma - Thank you for 9 years of VNs

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

Re: Goodbye From Lemma - Thank you for 9 years of VNs

#31 Post by Zatch »

Thank you for your services, man. You deserve some time off from active duty. :3 You are going to be miss! Don't be a stranger and come talk to us when you are on.

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#32 Post by tuna_sushi »

I'm kinda new,(started at 2011) but this forum helped me A LOT.
Thank you for making this forum... :-)
99.9% of people will miss you! Image

Celianna
Veteran

#33 Post by Celianna »

Well, after 9 years, I'm sure I'd get sick of it too. Congratulations on sticking with it for so long, now go take a nice vacation and forget about internet drama.

I'm a mod on a different community, with a much larger memberbase, and the influx of morons, retards, and simple trolls is astonishing (the fact that we also offer free resources creates a sense of entitlement between new members as well). I get what you mean when they accuse you of cruel things, dictatorship etc - I've heard it all before as well. I'll gladly embrace the role of dictatorship if that means I can moderate the forum, I'm not nearly as friendly as you.

But do remind yourself, the majority isn't like that, don't let the minority get to you.
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

Celestine
Veteran

#34 Post by Celestine »

Thanks for the help earliar on Lemma sorry to hear such bad news.

That's harsh about the threats. It's not good to have so much negativity in your life. Enjoy your holidays!
Hope you'll have a deserved rest and enjoy your break.
Hopefully you won't feel to be driven away by those that have known you over the years since they will miss you. But if so then I hope the kindness you have shown to us all will be returned to you and you'll be optimistic and cheerful again someday. I really wish you the best!
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#35 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I...I'll really miss you bluelemma Q.Q (the out-topics we've done in the guestbook etc.) I hope you can come back some time. :) You are a great person and a great admin, we will always look up to you! TT.TT Have a nice vacation.

Btw, you'll come back right? A Lemmasoft forum without bluelemma is like a VN without story!!!! I'll really miss you~ </3

Advance Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :(

EDIT: I haven't been visiting lemma for quite a while and the moment I checked it out today, I was very shocked because the first post I saw was this (TT.TT)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

J. Datie
Veteran

#36 Post by J. Datie »

:(

It's a sad day, and that makes me a sad person. But even with all the trolls and the dramas, you know what? This is still the friendliest and most helpful communities I've ever been a part of. For that, I'd like to give my thanks to Blue Lemma, along with the rest of the admins.

As for that little troll-leech... Sadly, I don't anything less than a ban would have done anything. It's obvious it was just trying to bait Blemma into doing anything that could be seen as an attack, then try to play the victim.

xSamChan
Regular

#37 Post by xSamChan »

;A; wahhhhhh noooooo I just joined a few weeks ago and i've already gotten to idolize youuu >.<

Lennonhead
Regular
Projects: "Hinomaru", "I'm Not His Friend"

#38 Post by Lennonhead »

What a web internet drama weaves.

Have a good time off!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#39 Post by TsukiShima »

I'm really sorry for what happened. I was absent for a few days and quite shocked to know about this. I know you're such a kind and considerable admin, you even had a conversation with me back then (I maybe a little dirty, but not as much as you, yet xD). I don't think you'll get that every day too.

It's too bad, because I'm the kind of person who likes to think everyone is good and nice.. I'm afraid even in the virtual world, it won't happen.

I hope you'll still be around as a member, and hope you can free yourself from all this.

facades
Regular

#40 Post by facades »

I've only been here for a few months.. But from your various posts around this whole forum I could see that you're a really nice admin ! I don't think I could have endured 9 years of this sort of stuff.. Please don't go away completely :( I really hope you'll continue to browse this forum and comment from time to time..

lylin lily

#41 Post by lylin lily »

I'm new here so i didnt get to know you much, but i really want to thank you for opening this forum...
If i didnt find this forum, i might had been suffer from thinking what to do XD
I never knew my potential, until i found LSF
Wish you stay, wish to know you more... But it's your choice..... Not mine
Hope you enjoy your time free from what you suffer for 9 years (that's rly long 0.o)

Aurehan
Regular

#42 Post by Aurehan »

Really.. 9 years? This is sad to hear! I don't know you too well, but you definitely deserve a break from all this internet drama. I have to agree with the comments above me. You're really someone to admire, and thank you very much for starting the forums! Hopefully you could stop by once in a while to say hello. :)
"The two most important days of your life are
the day you are born, and the day you find out why.
"
[♦] Mark Twain

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#43 Post by frederic09 »

Hi Lemma,

I'm the kind of silent member but well i know too the problem. I were a moderator in a 30k+ member french forum for 3 years, and it was pretty annoying. I understand you and i wishes to you a good living(?). I just hope you will not have any regrets.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Kindred87
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale: Kaguya-hime, MR Project (Non-VN), Wake Up Call (Non-VN), & Becoming A Good Composer
Organization: セイバーサウンドグループ WEST

#44 Post by Kindred87 »

Well I never had the pleasure of communicating with you, but I did have the pleasure of finding a diverse, vibrant, creative, and overall warm internet community; one that exists solely because of you. It allowed me to discover games that would've normally been lost to the dark depths of IndieDB or similar outlet. This forum also gave me the chance to work on a VN project, and contribute music to several others. It gave me, and thousands of others, many wonderful things. Things we look forward to each time we fire up our web browsers.

There's always someone that causes trouble. The marine core called it the 10% rule when my father was enlisted, so even the marines have their occasional troll xP. But that's no reason for you to resume your administrative position, because bad things that happen tend to hurt, both in soul and in memory. Though know that for every one person that spreads misery or pain on these forums, there's hundreds upon hundreds of others that: assist other members, contribute to non-profit projects, post in some random humorous thread, make friends, remedy someone's impossible coding problem, learn/teach valuable and eternal lessons, share their niche creations, and help others to grow as a creative individual and as a member of this community. Call it a hunch, but I'm sure you've done most, if not all, of these things. And it's because of those things that the members of this community are waving you tearful goodbyes and metaphorically sending you off with flowers, instead of throwing you out like a rat. You've created a community that above all loves, and will continue to do so. Even if someone calls a project smelly or throws mean words about like some sort of drunken juggler, this community will always have a heart, and will welcome you [back] with open arms, just as you've done for each new registration over the years.

In light of the situation, I, from now on, will try my absolute best to be a contributory and communicative member of your community. Even though I'd never even consider harassing or deliberately causing suffering. It's my hope, no...belief that many others will make sure to remain or become positive representatives of these forums. Without forming a vigilante spetsnaz of course ^^

Now, I can't say that you're a friend, or even a role-model, because I didn't really know who you were or what you were like. Though any multicellular organism can understand that only great people can produce such creations as Lemmasoft, so even if you're not a friend of mine, or even an email buddy, you'll be an inspiration unlike few others.
LimeBooth : http://limebooth.com/profiles/collinkindred/ | Music Thread (Closed To Requests Indefinitely) : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=12938
SoundCloud : http://soundcloud.com/collin-kindred

Currently : Creating 75+ requested songs.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#45 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I.... just really hope Bluelemma can read all our messages for him... :'D
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.