Best non japanese cartoons?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Weakjounin
Veteran

Re: Best non japanese cartoons?

#16 Post by Weakjounin »

Mink wrote:Yeah, that sounds like my kind of show. 83
LateWhiteRabbit wrote:Batman Beyond (The opening credits are amazing.)
^I was surprised when that show turned out to be good (I grew up on Batman: TAS, and was like, "WTF" when I first saw trailers for it). And man, Return of the Joker is daaark. /owns DVD

And because I'm nerdy enough, Return of the Joker quote:
Joker: What are you doing?!
Terry: Fighting dirty.
Joker: Batman would NEVER fight dirty!
Terry: Told you you didn't know me.

Oh, another show: Static Shock. Despite how it could get Anvilicious ("YOU AND YOUR STUPID RACISM!"), I still find it enjoyable.
static shock oh boy wow the theme song sounded so much better in my memory than when I went and rewatched the series this summer .__.
still love the show though.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#17 Post by OtomeWeekend »

-Spongebob squarepants
Ironically, I hated watching it when I was about 7 and below. As I grew older, I became an avid fan of this *bricks*, I personally love squidward the best I could never get tired watching episodes with him on it xD
I never cared for this before too Dx But since japanese anime lay lowed in the Philippines(except for naruto, gintama and stuff) in my last year there(2010), I picked up avatar which airs on ch. 5, it was quite fun :) though I got to admit the endless replays got annoying for the worst.
-Ben 10
My cousin, nephew and niece loved this very much. Since I'm staying at my aunt's place, I started to love it later too Dx
- Tom and Jerry
Will forever be in my heart. I watched this since I was a kid :P
-Oscar and the cockroaches
(It was like tom and jerry... thus, the reason)
-Any Nickelodeon cartoons...period! xD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#18 Post by Fawn »

@Mink: Madoka is one of those shows you either like or don't. What I liked about it is the intense relationships between the characters, the twists, and the melancholic tone it had. I wouldn't say it's the most original amazing anime ever (the artstyle was weird to me too as well), but, I really enjoyed it.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#19 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I've always loved Winnie the Pooh (not the new 3d ones, those are just disgusting)
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Wyldstrife
Completed: Working on that
Projects: How 2 D!e
Organization: CMI

#20 Post by Wyldstrife »

The first animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh to be a youth glued to the tv again.
I just can’t sit any other way than this. If I sit the way other people do, my reasoning ability drops by 40%.

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#21 Post by Desu_Cake »

Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Johnny Bravo, Dexters Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Scooby Doo, King Arthurs Disasters, He-Man and the masters of the Universe... -> Just the ones from the top of my head. Why aren't there good shows like that any more?

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#22 Post by MaiMai »

Adventure Time- Because WHY NOT. The animation is nice, love the colors, voice acting and the humor is my type.

Regular Show- WHY NOT.

Spongebob Sqaurepants- WHY NOT. That and I grew up with it although nowadays some eps are hit and miss with me.

Young Justice- I love everyone end of story.

I have a lot more on my list, but I don't feel like talking about them because I just woke up.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by HigurashiKira »

Desu_Cake wrote:Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Johnny Bravo, Dexters Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Scooby Doo...
My childhood...
;_;
Adding to the pile: Invader Zim, The Pink Panther, Phineas and Ferb, Thundercats, and Batman TAS
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

#24 Post by Dollywitch »

Desu_Cake wrote:Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Johnny Bravo, Dexters Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Scooby Doo, King Arthurs Disasters, He-Man and the masters of the Universe... -> Just the ones from the top of my head. Why aren't there good shows like that any more?
Well I think the reason like MLP is because it's on a similar level to those, and has some of the same people involved in Dexter & PP girls.

Ramidel
Regular

#25 Post by Ramidel »

* Code Lyoko
* Batman Beyond
* Tom & Jerry
* X-Men (the old cartoon with more yellow than the sun)

Never did get into the ponies.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#26 Post by PyTom »

Futurama managed to mix humor with interesting science fiction stories. So I'd have to recommend it.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#27 Post by Mink »

Oh, I know: The Simpsons. Okay, The Simpsons when it was still funny. However, I'll always have a soft spot for Treehouse of Horror.
Fawn wrote:@Mink: Madoka is one of those shows you either like or don't. What I liked about it is the intense relationships between the characters, the twists, and the melancholic tone it had. I wouldn't say it's the most original amazing anime ever (the artstyle was weird to me too as well), but, I really enjoyed it.
Hm, like it or don't: sounds like Panty and Stocking. I'll probably give it a try eventually, though.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#28 Post by LVUER »

Oh, I once like Power Puff Girls, before it finally becomes boring. Its Japanese counterpart is much cuter (Power Puff Girl Z) but it doesn't much better overall...

I love the professor's reasoning when naming the girls ^0^
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

MoPark
Regular
Projects: Kangaroo, Terminal Love

#29 Post by MoPark »

There's this Israeli animated film called Waltz With Bashir. I still hold it as one of my favorite animations of all time, Japanese or otherwise. It's rather mature, especially since it largely deals with one of the Lebanese-Israeli wars, but it is truly a work of art and I'd highly recommend it.

Art style example.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Kinda forgot to include...anpanman...wait, that was japanese! Dx lol, well, does this count disney fairy tales and stuff? If yes then I'm including cinderella...and magic english? I love musical cartoons! xD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.