Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

Re: Ideas Dump

#691 Post by Mink »

HOW COULD IT NOT?!

List of things for Mink to do:
-Horror VN based on the LaLaurie house
-Sci Fi VN with Heroic!Tesla fighting Villainous!Edison.

Let's do this. >8|

Edit: why the hell did I mix up Edison and Franklin's names? ...YOU KNEW WHO I MEANT.

Edit 2: wait, no. There should totally be a presidential conspiracy! Now to look up the president at that time.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#692 Post by Reikun »

Mink wrote: -Sci Fi VN with Heroic!Tesla fighting Villainous!Edison.
YES PLEASE. I love Tesla and Edison to death. I would love to see this idea executed...
Though, I wonder what type of sci-fi elements would be used?
Would their differing takes on electricity have anything to do with it? I think I vaguely remember something somewhere in which Edison was using Tesla's electricity system to shock animals to death? O___o
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#693 Post by Mink »

Yeah, if I remember correctly , Edison shocked various animals. And a human.

Villianous!Edison: not a total stretch.

*Website, yo*

GJsoft

#694 Post by GJsoft »

*CONTENT DELETED*
Last edited by GJsoft on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#695 Post by Mink »

That will totally happen eventually. Totally. Also, none of the actual presidents during that time interest me, therefore...

TESLA VS EDISON VS ZOMBIE BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

OMG, that would be the best thing ever.

Edit: yeah, it's official: this would be about as historically accurate as (Kazuya Minekura's) Saiyuki.

*Website, yo*

jegolego

#696 Post by jegolego »

Here's my idea that i'd probably never use
The protagonist is invited to his friend's summer home, and the day he gets there, his friend shows him around the estate. While on the tour of his friends home, he sees a group of derailed train cars that seem to have been their for years, and asks his friend about them. "Oh, it's nothing," says his friend. That night the protagonist has trouble sleeping and looks out his window. He looks towards the train wreckage and sees that there's light seeping through the cracks of one of the train cars. He leaves the house and goes to investigate. He looks through one of the cracks in the door and sees some sort of futuristic, expensive-looking machine. He breaks the old, rusty lock on the door (which didn't take much effort) and goes inside. He discovers that the machine contains a girl that seems to be in some sort of cryogenic sleep. He touches the glass, but quickly jumps away as the mechanical device opens. The girl slowly sits up and seemingly looks dazed as if she was just woken up (which she was). She seems confused as she looks at the protagonist (who at the time is wondering why his friend was hiding this). All of a sudden, her face brightens up, and she calls out to the protagonist, startling him as he is referred to as "Master."

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#697 Post by gekiganwing »

When I thought a bit more about Jegolego's idea, I realized that a similar event occurred in the early scenes of Da Capo 2. The character who was in hibernation was a literal robot girl. Which, in turn, reminds me of an event from Chrono Trigger...

Anyway, how could this idea work? Here's a few ways to spin it...

* The characters live in a world that is recovering after an enormous war or crisis. It's not unusual to see ruins and broken vehicles.

* Robot girls used to be commonplace. Then there was an event which caused people to realize there was a serious problem with their programming. Nearly all of them were "retired." The robot girl at the beginning of this story barely escaped.

* Humans need to sleep and eat. Robot girls have charging stations, and can function for days or weeks without needing power. This could become a problem.

* Robot girls are designed to acknowledge one person at a time as their master. Did this girl have a previous master? If so, is the person still alive? (If you're familiar with Mahoromatic, this reminds me of a few plot points from that series...)

* The same people who made robot girls also made similar creatures in the forms of boys and pets. (This is acknowledged in Chobits, though they don't figure into the plot.) Is it possible for two robots to form a relationship?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#698 Post by papillon »

Problem is, it's been done SO many times. There's a whole genre of that sort of thing filed under Magical Girlfriend. The second a cute mysterious girl pops up and calls you master, many people will groan in despair. :)

So how can you make the plotline interesting?

One possibility is to have it be someone other than the protagonist that the Magical Girlfriend latches onto. What if instead of our Unlucky Everydude, the Magical Girlfriend latches onto his best bud? Or the girl he's got a crush on? Or his cat? We'd get a different angle on all the usually ensuing wacky hijinks.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#699 Post by ririruetoo »

Instant Bishounen!

The main heroine is an average girl with one odd quirk, she has a huge fasination with sea monkey's! That being said, one day she buys a new pack of them and after putting them in her fish tank goes to sleep looking forward to her new creatures in the morning. Only in the morning, it is not sea monkey's that greet her, but 5 amazing hot young men! What is she going to do?
ImageImageImage

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#700 Post by papillon »

Here's a weird BxG idea for you, inspired by a wikiwander. I was reading about a very isolated island, and one of the ways people ended up there was being exiled... for things like being the discarded mistress of an important political figure, who Knew Too Much.

So imagine you're some kind of adventurer/explorer and you stumble across an isolated community that's extremely hard to reach, and it seems to be almost entirely populated with very friendly, very lonely women. They've all been condemned there for some reason, but some were innocent victims, some were criminals, and some were more nebulous (like the discarded mistress) and they've all learned to live together... but the insertion of a strange man into their midst turns everything upside down. Some of whom just want you to pay attention to them, and some of whom want you to get them OUT of there, but none of whom want to tell you the truth about their pasts or the real nature of the village.

sciencewarrior
Veteran
Projects: Valentine Square (writer) Spiral Destiny (programmer)

#701 Post by sciencewarrior »

Seven Reasons I Love You

You have only one datable heroine in the game, and one summer to conquer her. As soon as you fall in love, your summer restarts and you have to conquer her again in a completely different way. And again, and again, and again, every time different. Only after seven times can you break the cycle and live happy ever after.

Love Never Dies

You died protecting the one you love before you could confess your feelings. Aphrodite, the goddess of love, took pity on you and brought you back to life. Obviously, there's no such thing as a free lunch, and you are supposed to repay the favor by bringing a certain number of couples together. But Hades wasn't too happy with this arrangement, and imposed two conditions: the first one is that if you ever let a mortal fall in love with you, you will be dead without any chance of appeal; the second is that you will be accompanied the whole by your own grim reaper, who turns out to be a nice piece of eye candy but a total downer.

Each couple is a more-or-less self-contained mini-story that you can choose from, although some stories can only be played after you completed some prerequisites. And, of course, the last story involves helping the person you love get together with someone else.
Keep your script in your Dropbox folder.
It allows you to share files with your team, keeps backups of previous versions, and is ridiculously easy to use.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#702 Post by Mink »

@papillon: This probably sounds terrible, but why not just kill the mistress if she knows too much? With banishing her, wouldn't you run the risk of her (managing) to come back and blab? Dead men tell no tales and all that.

*Website, yo*

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#703 Post by papillon »

Don't ask me, ask the historical figures who did this sort of thing! Perhaps they considered it beyond the pale to kill a woman?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#704 Post by LVUER »

Killing political figures could be a dangerous thing to do. At least, it gives reason to the other parties to retaliate. Besides, who know if they could be used some time later, as a deal in diplomatic table or something.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

pinkmouse
Regular
Projects: A renpy beginner - test projects only atm

#705 Post by pinkmouse »

qq wrote:Ideas can not be copyrighted, so feel free to do whatever you like. Poor ideas they will never see the light of day. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame while you can my little ideas! :D

Here's one: Recycle Love
My ideas was that the MC will be male and he has started a business in breaking up relationships and also he sets up people with the breakees. For example if he help guy a and girl a to break up and then he sets guy b with girl a when she is most vulnerable. He also has a real job as a part-time video store clerk and he is in highschool. Then along comes a client that wants his service, but the girl in question is in his science class and she's the reason he has a c- in Science if you know what I mean. So why is he in the breakup business? How would such a business work? Ultimately will he chooses money or to be honest and not hurt the feelings of his crush?... :shock:
Hmmm - an "anti dating" sim? - that could be fun for the bitter and twisted players amongst us.

Love Assassin
The player character (of either gender) starts off in a situation where most of the other characters are paired up and is then commissioned to engineer a breakup between two of them. How about though, the choice of tactics the player uses results in differing degrees of collateral social damage? Also, should the choice of the gender of the player character result in different gameplay, with different options available depending on whether the game character being interacted with is of the same gender as the player character? (Drat, just realized you'd probably need to add in sexual orientation as a parameter too. Oh well.)

Welcome to the dark side of the dating game... :twisted: