School Memories [GxB] [Friendship]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

Re: School Memories [GxB] [Friendship]

#31 Post by Morishita »

silenteve wrote:Oops :p Didn't know it was a friendship game.
That's cool too. I'm not sure if I've played any of those so it'll be great fun to see it come to fruition.
0-0 Will continue further stalking of this thread :3
That's okay if you didn't know. I'm not the best at giving good descriptions of my stories all the time but I'll keep working on that ^^; Thank you though Silenteve~
Mink wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the fact it's not romantic; I actually think it's a nice change of pace. Also, ditto about the character designs.
That's a relief to see. I was a little worried that this wouldn't really interest many people because of that but it's good to have change every now and then :D Thank you Mink

Oh-m-g. I am so tired right now so I really can't write a good report but I will post up a better one on my development blog after I get some sleep. It's like 3 something in the morning here and I just finished this sprite + info.
This is the last sprite of the game. So there isn't really a large cast. I still have to go back and do another pose for each one but at least the first poses are done. This teacher is based off of one of my favorite art teachers. I wasn't in his class long but he was very kind and me and my friends seemed to always be having fun in his class. We would really upset him but he wouldn't stay mad for long and I remember his smile the most *and his half bald head* so here is his sprite.
art teacherbio.png
Okay that's all for now. I'll do a better post at my dev blog later. =.= so tiredddd~ I'm debating on whether I should have custom music or just find some music from other places....I'll probably do that to help take some of the work load off of myself...doing everything is really taxing but still this is a lot of fun :3

Morishita
Veteran

#32 Post by Morishita »

Back with another update everyone!
I finally have all the sprites plus the different emotions finished. Now I am on to doing the cg event's. I'm really excited to see how everything turns out. Since I only worked on doing the different emotions for the sprites I don't have any images to upload so you will have to wait to see them in the game :D

There are about 15-16 images all together. I'm not sure if that is a bit over board or under board (?) but I think that this amount should help to portray my story well enough. I'll go ahead and update the visual novel blog as well but I will be back next weekend with another update and possibly the sketch of one of the cg events :D

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#33 Post by ShadowBerry »

I really like the story, and I cant wait to see my self-confidence grow.
I absolutely fell for Dustins Sprite even though Shawn also got me with his nerdy/sarcastic look (reminds me of Rhett from LuckyRabbitReflex xD)

And yeah your BGs are awesome!
Own project:

Morishita
Veteran

#34 Post by Morishita »

Thank you for putting that ShadowBerry! I worked really hard on the backgrounds so I'm really happy that it paid off ^^

Morishita
Veteran

#35 Post by Morishita »

I'm back with another weekly update. After looking back over the cg count. I decided to cut back on some that weren't very important to the story. For now I have the total number of cg's being 8. Again this might change over time, the main thing that I want to watch out for is burning my self out.
One a more cheery note I have one of the cg animations finished for one of the chibi scene of Dustin and Miya.
Miya"Move!"
Miya"Move!"
This is saved as a gif image so it looks grainy on the forum but in the game it will be nice and clear because it will be a png file. If you really want to see a clear version then I will update the flash file of this on my site in a moment :D
Since this whole game is based off of a true story this incident actually happened and it always made me laugh when I think back on it. You'll find out more on the reason behind this animation in the game but I thought that this would be a good teaser.

awesomeautumn
Regular

#36 Post by awesomeautumn »

The gif is so cute! Haha, I hate it when that happens xD
Your art is really pretty, too~
I like the way you added their favorite sayings in their bios. This game looks really interesting.

Morishita
Veteran

#37 Post by Morishita »

Thank you very much^^
I think adding there sayings kind of helps to show their personality a little more before that game.

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#38 Post by ShadowBerry »

Yeah it paid off, thats for sure! xD
And I also love the gif.! There you can imagine the relationship between them xD

But when you make it as a friendship game and not romantic why did you put a (GxB) there? doesnt it mean that she will get one of the guys? xD
Own project:

Morishita
Veteran

#39 Post by Morishita »

I didn't realize that GxB meant that she was going to end up in a romantic relationship with the guys, I thought it meant that you will be playing as a female mc interacting with male characters ^^; that's a total brain fart on my end but either way I'm really glad to see that the animation was able to help show what there relationship was like. Next Saturday I plan on updating with a WIP of a new cg event after that I'll probably keep everything else exclusive for the game :D It kind of all depends thought but I'm happy to see that people are interested still even though I only update once each week ^^;

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#40 Post by GeneDNC »

Man, that gif is amazing. I think weekly updates are a very good idea. It's nice and regular so people know when to expect to see something new and that can help motivate you too, like a mini-deadline.

Princess Akina
Regular

#41 Post by Princess Akina »

Oh..my...god *W*
The gif is sooooooooooo adorable.
Reminds me of Steve's route in The Flower Shop Winter game xD Good times, good times
Me wants Justin even moar 8D
and wait, friendship game? Eh, I'll just grab Justin as my bestie guyfriend then xD
Totally wishing for romance endings though, although it might be too much work on your part
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

Morishita
Veteran

#42 Post by Morishita »

GeneDNC wrote:Man, that gif is amazing. I think weekly updates are a very good idea. It's nice and regular so people know when to expect to see something new and that can help motivate you too, like a mini-deadline.
That is very true about the deadline. This is actually really helping me from burning out with all the art for the game and my comic work. Thank you for the reassurance, I don't feel to bad now ^^ I didn't think it would come out looking so grainy in the gif file when I exported it with photoshop but I'm happy to see that it doesn't effect the animation to much when it comes to enjoying how it play's through :D Thank you GeneDNC~
Princess Akina wrote:Oh..my...god *W*
The gif is sooooooooooo adorable.
Reminds me of Steve's route in The Flower Shop Winter game xD Good times, good times
Me wants Justin even moar 8D
and wait, friendship game? Eh, I'll just grab Justin as my bestie guyfriend then xD
Totally wishing for romance endings though, although it might be too much work on your part
Aww~ don't worry it wouldn't be much work but since this is based on a true story that happened to me during my sophomore year in highschool it would feel a little odd too add romance to a true story where there really wasn't any romance but more so close childhood friendship. I would kind of feel like one of those crazy girls that make up things that happened between them and a guy, that never really happened. *Like that one move called Obsessed were that lady went crazy and was saying this woman's husband had did all of this stuff with her and how he said he loved her and would leave his family or something but that never happened and she was just a little nutty ducky O.O*
That animation is based on something that really did happen in my class, you'll find out more about it in the game though. Miya's thoughts will basically be my thoughts that I had at that time so I thought that doing a game based off of that memorable time in my life would be a good start to test the waters with a visual novel.
In the future though I plan on making a romance visual novel. I'm not the best at telling love stories but I feel that if I'm able to portray a good friendship story then I should be able to handle a lovey dovey story ^^; Either way Thank you Akina! Your excitement to see the game makes me excited too~ I'll have to post up a schedule on my blog so people can follow the development a little better and know when to expect the beta testing version soon. I know I'll definitely need a proofreader so I'm going to have my sister and hubby play the game and find any mistakes :D

Morishita
Veteran

#43 Post by Morishita »

Okay I am back with another weekly update. I really didn't want to put this project on hold to work on my project for NaNoRenO. Since I only work on School Memories during the weekend I thought that it shouldn't interfere to much with meeting the deadline for NaNoRenO.
I was able to finish the next chibi cg event for School Memories. I have one more left after that then I will start working on the normal non-chibi events the week after next. I won't be posting up the finished design but more so sketched images or blurred images so I don't leave to much of a spoiler.
This event is about Shawn and Dustin laughing at Miya's big blue coat. She actually likes the coat and doesn't realize how funny she looks.
cg1.gif

I don't really have much else to say but there is a clearer image of the cg event on my development blog so feel free to pop over there to see it if you want.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#44 Post by silenteve »

OMG your gifs are so cute :D I don't think that there's an actual coat that looks like that but I want one now anyways. Amazing work so far :)
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Shya

#45 Post by Shya »

This seems like a really cute game! : D The art is really good - I mean your backgrounds are amazing!!!
I'm going to keep an eye on this game!