Rising Angels [GxG](Now with 100% more demo)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Re: Rising Angels (GxB/GxG dating sim)

#91 Post by KomiTsuku »

gekiganwing wrote: Ultimately, it's your choice. I'm not sure which option is best. While I'd like to see a proof of concept for Rising Angels in the near future, I know it's unwise to focus too much on making a demo. I'd like to see the full version someday... so if you're asking for my opinion, I'd say option #3.

If you're willing and able to commit to working on Rising Angels at this time, that's a good thing. But if it gets too stressful or challenging, that's a bad thing. So if writing, coding, art, etc become too much to handle, then be sure to ask for help.
There will be a full version someday. I have, for better or worse, committed to this game's completion. I now have angry people hovering over my shoulder and an awful guilt trip to ensure its completion. The length of the game (even just chapter 1) is going to be long. Part of the idea of the demo is to test the waters before I commit too much of myself to a dud storyline. Don't get me wrong though. The "demo" would end up being longer than most of your average visual novels. It will be able to stand on its own, since right there is a solid breaking point in the story.

I can ask for help on the art and am *jingles his beggar's tin*, but when it comes to the writing, there are issues. Sad fact is that there isn't anyone around anymore who knows the KDF universe. To bring anyone in, I'd have to give a course in plot. I'm already doing my best to weave it delicately into the story (and doing some revolutionary new ideas in the incentives program to get people to play Anton's Vacation for the basics), but anyone who would want to help wouldn't know how. I code as I write, the music is already done, and I won't need proofreaders until I finish, so there's not a lot folks can help me with other than art and words of encouragement. Pretty pictures really do wonders for my motivation.

psyduck
Regular

#92 Post by psyduck »

KomiTsuku wrote: I can ask for help on the art and am *jingles his beggar's tin*, but when it comes to the writing, there are issues. Sad fact is that there isn't anyone around anymore who knows the KDF universe. To bring anyone in, I'd have to give a course in plot. I'm already doing my best to weave it delicately into the story (and doing some revolutionary new ideas in the incentives program to get people to play Anton's Vacation for the basics), but anyone who would want to help wouldn't know how. I code as I write, the music is already done, and I won't need proofreaders until I finish, so there's not a lot folks can help me with other than art and words of encouragement. Pretty pictures really do wonders for my motivation.
true. it's hard to have two persons write the same story. :mrgreen: but you can ask other for the coding, right?

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#93 Post by KomiTsuku »

psyduck wrote:true. it's hard to have two persons write the same story. :mrgreen: but you can ask other for the coding, right?
I code as I script. It's a bad habit I have. :lol:
------------------------------------

So... uhhhh... again, any opinions on the new characters? Anyone?

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#94 Post by distorsion »

KomiTsuku wrote:So... uhhhh... again, any opinions on the new characters? Anyone?
Alana's shyness sounds adorable!
Blade sounds like he'll be fun. Also? Hot! *has a thing for demon boys*
I know they're not new but: The female I most look forward to pursuing is Lenna. Hooray for the hardworking ditz archetype! The guy I want most is Jade, I just love troublemakers. ^__^
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#95 Post by KomiTsuku »

distorsion wrote:
KomiTsuku wrote:So... uhhhh... again, any opinions on the new characters? Anyone?
Alana's shyness sounds adorable!
Blade sounds like he'll be fun. Also? Hot! *has a thing for demon boys*
I know they're not new but: The female I most look forward to pursuing is Lenna. Hooray for the hardworking ditz archetype! The guy I want most is Jade, I just love troublemakers. ^__^
Alana is going to be one of the more challenging routes for me to write because she really doesn't want to get close to the rest of the team. While she's not part of Team One (Lenna, Yoi, Iotor), she's going to be involved heavily in their routes. They aren't very tech savy, so I see Yoi getting her hands on Alana very quickly, even if Alana doesn't like it. Blade is going to be attached to the Team Three plotline(Menelli, Kika, Termin), the nicknamed superhero team. Their story is going to be a lot more humorous, a lot more fast paced. If it was a TV show, it'd be the slapstick humor of The Three Stooges.

Lenna's popularity has always been strange to me, as she's a very hated and very loved character. Either way, I'm focusing on her story right now, so she'll be part of the demo (if I release it). Jade is... misguided. Who is guiding him and why... well... his route is a little more darker than some of the others.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Rising Angels (GxB/GxG) [recruiting CG artist]

#96 Post by KomiTsuku »

Rising Angels's game page has been updated on the IDHAS website. To celebrate, here's a pretty picture by HannaPhilip. It's the full size of the current opener.

psyduck
Regular

#97 Post by psyduck »

woah. so pretty. really love it. :)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#98 Post by KomiTsuku »

psyduck wrote:woah. so pretty. really love it. :)
Thanks. ^_^ Commissioning all the CGs for the demo (which I ended up deciding for the first option) today, as well as a few others. I'm estimating around 30-35 CGs for the demo.

Roiya
Regular
Projects: unnamed project

#99 Post by Roiya »

This project looks awesome! Good luck I cant wait to play this =)
My DEVIANTART=) contact me there for commisions or recruitment if you likey my art
looking for a project to join
http://roiyachan.deviantart.com/
projects i am helping:
Scattered Starlight (GxB, GxG),
feel free to contact me though if you have an interesting one^^

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#100 Post by KomiTsuku »

Roiya wrote:This project looks awesome! Good luck I cant wait to play this =)
There is going to be a demo here in a couple months to play, but until then here is the lineart for the new characters. Image
Kika and her unique skirt. Such a rebel. XD Also resisting the urge to give Alana pink hair and make the joke "demon Misha" a reality.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#101 Post by KomiTsuku »

Good news, everyone! We now have a GUI thanks to Nellie! ^_^
guiTest1.jpg
Even better news, several CG artists have been commissioned. Things are looking very positive on the art end.
And now the bad news... My time off is almost at its end, which means my forward momentum will once again be sporadic. I'm trying to maintain a work schedule to balance my time though. Wish me luck! (I really wish there were more people who knew the KDF universe still around. Can't have volunteer writers who don't know the universe...)

psyduck
Regular

#102 Post by psyduck »

omg. it's awesome. keep up the good work.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#103 Post by KomiTsuku »

Update: I know many people might be worried about the state of the game after I announced my retirement. Do not fear, Rising Angels will be finished.

Wordcount: 26,000 (Nearing the end of Lenna: Act 1, still need to do the general opening)

CGs: 9 completed, expecting more soon. Tetiel has been doing wonders on our character selection screens, furthering my belief that I'm spoiling you all!
Still not 100% sure on the demo release date. I'm going to release Lenna, Jade, and Kika's Act 1s for the demo.

Gameplay: As it stands, there isn't going to be any options. You will get to choose the character who's story path you want to follow, but after that I intend on the story being linear. I know that may be disheartening, but I'd rather not waste my limited time on options you won't pick because you want the best ending. I want to tell 9 stories 1 way than 1 story 9 ways.

Needed help: I will soon be asking for help to proofread Lenna's route. That request should drop sometime in the next week. Chief doesn't like editing his own stuff. I tend to be a little blind.

And for our usual art showing, here's a very uncannon idea for Kika. Anything Katawa Shoujo can do, we can do better! 2 drills?! HAH! WE HAVE SIX! Yeah, I understand what the fans want. More Wahahahahahaha~
insanity.png
As always, stay tuned. If you have any questions, comments, angry remarks, feel free to drop them.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Rising Angels (CatgirlxOthers)

#104 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Wonderful news! I'm glad to hear that this project will still be seeing completion, and look forward to having an opportunity to play it. :mrgreen:

As for linear paths, personally, I like what you've decided to do. I'll admit that I'm one of those people that prefers to play for only the best endings, and I like the idea of more experiences. :)

As for the 4 spirals... I need to find my eyes, since they popped out...
Edit: Found them. Woah, 6... I guess they popped out before I had a chance to see the other 2...
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Rising Angels (CatgirlxOthers)

#105 Post by KomiTsuku »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:Wonderful news! I'm glad to hear that this project will still be seeing completion, and look forward to having an opportunity to play it. :mrgreen:
My retirement is due to fiscal reasons. It might have long term implications, but my budget is able to support this game to completion.
As for linear paths, personally, I like what you've decided to do. I'll admit that I'm one of those people that prefers to play for only the best endings, and I like the idea of more experiences. :)
Same for me as well. I hate, hate, hate having to replay an entire story because I missed a single stupid arbitrary option to give me that needed point.
As for the 4 spirals... I need to find my eyes, since they popped out...
Edit: Found them. Woah, 6... I guess they popped out before I had a chance to see the other 2...
Yeah, the last two are hiding behind the others. I studied KS long and hard. After much determination, I concluded that drills and perky characters are what made it so popular!