Infinite Girl (Character Art up) Non-Commerical

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

Infinite Girl (Character Art up) Non-Commerical

#1 Post by Zatch »

I'm planning to revamp this page with characters and other stuff soon. This is kn series I planning for a while but didn't get change to do it.

I just want you guys to know that the first episode will be free for all to play ;3 I will be releasing these in episode so it will be easier to deal with.. I think I will do one every one to two months.

Superheroes have been around for years. They come in all sizes and powers. Many of them fight alone or in pairs or teams. Analyn isn’t any exception either. She have been walking earth for centuries and saving the world. She is one of first heroes to be record in history and have many tales involving her in it. It is now 1994 and the world has changes. People are aware of people with unique gifts and using them for popularity or government use. Some portion of them is independent. All of them are separate from each other and don’t contact each other and handle their own agenda. Some of them get pretty bitter towards the people they save get annoyed. The values of superheroes begin to diminish around people and some of them lost their hope in their heroes.

Will someone bring back hope for them and change the world?
Analyn is superhero living in the world of superheroes. Fighting for peace and protecting the innocent. When the earth was at peace she left but left a legacy for future superheroes. After of her departure, other superheroes emerge and bring new supervillians. They manage to bring them down in every turn. People really begin to take notice of them and they got popular. Some heroes become celebrities or join the government. They begin to get bored and forgot what they are really fighting for. One day, when the government surveying the area they found tomb of the greatest supervillian named Gigas J. They accidently release him. He begins to kill off the heroes and cause destruction. How much bloodshed will there be before he put to rest? Who is able to stop him?

--------Characters------

Analyn
Analyn was average woman until she discover that she was the legendary heroine after Gigas came out. She is a bit of tomboy and usually take on the boys. She wouldn’t hesitant on attacking you if you are out of line. She does what she wants and doesn’t take much crap. You play as Analyn.

Rival:
Jack
A proud superhero with best endurance and strategy. He is part of the nation government project to engineer a super warrior. He is sarcastic and doesn’t really care about people. He only fights for the thrill of it. He part of the team named Comp 5 that is run by the government.

Love Interest:

Callie:
Analyn's girlfriend and best friend. She supports her super-heroism and goes all they to help as much as she can. She is a party girl and yet is regular jane.

Allies:

TBA

And many more!
--------------

------Staff-----------------------------
Writer: Zatch
Side Writer: Iarumas, Mumble315, Enigma, Guron and Maltaglati
character artist/CG: Rideka
----------------------------------------

-----------Help Needed------------------
Programmer
Proofreader
Background Artist
Music and Sound
-------------------------------------------

Want to help? Contribute to us in crowdfunding: http://igg.me/p/109709?a=529650

What to comment on:
What do you think of the plot itself?
What do you think of the characters even though they have short descriptions?
Would you be interest in reading this?
Your opinion?

If you comment on this I will give you a virtual cookie
Last edited by Zatch on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 11 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Infinite Girl

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Some time ago, I recall people on this forum were trying to create a superhero visual novel, but I don't think it got anywhere.

I get the impression that Analyn and Callie are an established couple. Is that correct? If so, do they stay together?

The character Julian Black sounds an awful lot like Batman: loner, uses a lot of high tech weapons, has a ton of money. You'll benefit from developing this character a bit more to make him distinct.

Is there a specific reason why the story would occur in 1994?

(Aside: I wasn't sure if there are any canonical lesbian superheroes. My web search lead me to a pair of relevant articles on Len Cannon's site and Beek's Books... a site which may not have been updated in years. It also briefly mentions some alternative/indie comics, but provides no details.)

Zatch
Regular

Re: Infinite Girl

#3 Post by Zatch »

Aww that was too bad. :/ Well, I found my old thread a while back in 2010 :shock: I decide that it was pretty cool concept and want to continue. :3 I kinda of knew that it was long shot to do a superhero visual novel.. People I know in here seems to not care as much.. The concept art will be done now so I will update this with pretty picture soon.

Yes, they are in relationship. Yes, they do stay together but they are some struggles they have to face..

Yeah.. I base him around Batman alright. ^^;; Julian isn't a playboy at day but distant person all together. I have to say that he would be Batman of this universe. :lol: I have to say that is isolated person with emotional issues(Which I having atm O.o;;)

Well, I got the idea from another superhero comic called Uniques (You should check it out) That's is when superhero congress is establish and start up the hero code. Most of the old hero are extinct but the current ones are teaching the new ones to be better than they were.

They are some canon lesbian couples but they are not really shown much or recognize.. XD

I want to say that this will be combination of Comic/Manga and visual novel.. It would read like Visual novel but the action scenes are in comic/manga style which might have small animation maybe.. I was hoping for voice acting but I don't know if people would do it. :lol: That would be the last step..

Taldan

Re: Infinite Girl (Character Art up)

#4 Post by Taldan »

I might be willing to help you on this project. I'll keep it short and to the point.

My relevant skills (in order of ability):
- Programming (everything from AJAX to Z80 assembly)
- Writing/editing (background is mostly in journalism)
- Music (I've composed a bit of piano music, nothing fancy)

My initial thoughts on the game:
Art: Incredible. I would very much like to see more of the art for the game, as the stuff you've shown is phenomenal.
Plot: Very good, as long as it gets handled correctly. If handled incorrectly the plot could very easily end up as a very flat cookie cutter story, although it does not look like it will go in this direction.

I would be interested in helping to proofread, edit, and critique the writing, and of course do the coding. Additionally I might be willing to compose a few pieces for the game. I would like to read a little more of the story and see a bit more art before I commit to anything though.

Zatch
Regular

Re: Infinite Girl (Character Art up)

#5 Post by Zatch »

Hey guys,

I just want to let you guys know that we are still making the game and decide to release the main story first then add all the side characters later. I want to say that this has been deem to non-commerical status with donation box to make the game.. You ask why? Well, this universe is for everyone and I don't feel like it's right to make profit off it even if I wanted too. I have teeth and nails to get any feedback at all.. :roll: We planning to make website and use it to sign up characters that want to be in the universe.. I would ask if you could donate anything then it will help pay for custom design character from of artist.

http://infinte-girl.deviantart.com/ <------ Here is our da page so you can post your own characters there and you can even join.

For anyone that is watching this then speak up! I can't read minds so speak up. If you speak up then there is a better chance this will work! ^w^

Other news, we are going to redesign the Analyn's girlfriend so stay tune!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Infinite Girl (Character Art up) Non-Commerical

#6 Post by PyTom »

Is the Analyn design supposed to be an aged-up version of Kuu from Ripples? The similarities - in terms of hair color and ornamentation - are striking.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Zatch
Regular

Re: Infinite Girl (Character Art up) Non-Commerical

#7 Post by Zatch »

PyTom wrote:Is the Analyn design supposed to be an aged-up version of Kuu from Ripples? The similarities - in terms of hair color and ornamentation - are striking.
Yeah, I base her around Kuu because I like her that much.. :D Don't know if that is good or bad but yeah.. Might change her around if it cause any trouble. Thank you for responding. :)