Wanna Pictures? Ill do some

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
minotaurus

Wanna Pictures? Ill do some

#1 Post by minotaurus »

While im here and making my game i can make some charactes for fyour games, if you want ask on but just one at a time ok?
You can find some of my drawings on my other post if you want to have an idea of what i do. :D

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#2 Post by EwanG »

My personal suggestion would be that if you want to help out the community in this way, that you create a couple of male and female characters that have the usual run of expressions, and then post them on here for anyone to use. Having two female and two male characters would give most folks the minimum they need to do the initial version of their stories.

For Senior Year I started out with one female character that BCS had posted, and that helped me get the initial layout started. If there had been two that had a similar style but looked different, I probably could have gotten a lot further with the story before I had to interrupt it to do my own artwork.

My .02 worth...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

EwanG wrote:My personal suggestion would be that if you want to help out the community in this way, that you create a couple of male and female characters that have the usual run of expressions, and then post them on here for anyone to use. Having two female and two male characters would give most folks the minimum they need to do the initial version of their stories.
Then again, there are people such as myself, who really want to have art drawn specifically for their projects - there;s something about freely distributable pictures that's less personal IMO. So either approach is valid I think. I perfer an artist who will work specifically on our project, but some may prefer to take their assets off a pool of up-for-grabs pictures.