VisualNews OEL Services

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Misuzu
Regular

VisualNews OEL Services

#1 Post by Misuzu »

With NaNoRenO ending up and a seemingly decent interest in these services, I present the VisualNews OEL services page:

http://visualnews.net/visualnews-services/

For those looking for hosting, please flip through the page above.
Same goes for NaNoRenO participants who have complete games but no where to put them online. Theres also some brief descriptions of future services coming in early april on that page too.

If you have any questions/comments, just respond back and I promise I'll be more cohesive when I write back after getting some sleep ><.

Oh, average turn around time for getting a domain ready is 15 minutes to half a day.

Second Oh. NaNoRenO completed participants who do NOT need hosting, if you could send me the info mentioned for the hosting for NaNoRenO participants so that I may add your game to the NaNoRenO page, it would be much appreciated.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#2 Post by chronoluminaire »

Ooo, do I understand that page correctly to indicate that you'll host a BitTorrent tracker and seed for a NaNoRenO project? Mine is looking like its filesize might be quite large, and I'd been hoping to have the option to offer it for download via BitTorrent if possible.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Misuzu
Regular

#3 Post by Misuzu »

Ayup, I'm putting a tentative target date of April 10th for the tracker launch.

Though I can definately host any file size download via direct for any duration of infinite time. Tsukihime gave me a good meter of what VN was capable of doing... that was an impressive feat that I dont think any other game will be achieving in a long while.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

I vaguely remember sorting through the mess that was the untranslated Japanese doujinshi visual novel lists and trying to find something interesting with my near-zero grasp of Japanese.

Thank you Misuzu for this generous offer (and with MagBou being the first to take it up.) This will be excellent resource in conjunction with the ren'ai archives (except this one will be in West Coast U.S. instead of East Coast), naturally it will be discriminatory towards Lemmasoft / VisualNews projects, but once we get a library built up we can show the Japanese just how professional the English visual novel scene can be (with good Sturgeon's Law ratio)...unlike the disdain felt towards OEL manga. It's really a blessing to have an administrator of VisualNews who's very helpful and open-minded.

[/sucking up]

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5 Post by PyTom »

FWIW, the archives are hosted in Texas, even though I'm in New York.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Misuzu
Regular

#6 Post by Misuzu »

Oh yeah, and VN is hosted in San Fran for one server and Seattle for the Enterprise server setup.

And, uh, actually I would have to say that animerd2k2 was the first to take the offer =P.

mokenju1
Regular

#7 Post by mokenju1 »

I would like to have my NanoRenO's games there too :wink: .
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"
Unfinished Projects: "Dear Friend, Secret Lover"

Misuzu
Regular

#8 Post by Misuzu »

Please PM me this information unless you want full hosting (like MagBou (if you do want full hosting, PM the other info in the doc above)). Also, if you need me to host it, please mention that too:

Game Name:
Creation Group/Individuals:
200x200 screenshot for you game:
Short blurb about your game:
Location of Game Files:

Thank you.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by DaFool »

Misuzu wrote: I would have to say that animerd2k2 was the first to take the offer =P.
What's the project name / location?

And can we have a running directory listing of activated hosting (for complete projects at least).
Last edited by DaFool on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misuzu
Regular

#10 Post by Misuzu »

http://animerd2k2.visualnews.net/project.htm

Though lordcloudx is just hosting his group site right now with us.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by DaFool »

*was totally oblivious as to when he migrated his site

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#12 Post by lordcloudx »

yo! I'm still alive y'know.

I put it on my sig about two days after getting hosted. The project page is there too and it's all VN since I decided to take down Dream Chasers.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Misuzu
Regular

#13 Post by Misuzu »

DaFool wrote:And can we have a running directory listing of activated hosting (for complete projects at least).
That will come with VisualNews v4.3 when it launches in (i hope) a month and a half or sooner. There will be a link directory service where anyone can register their site similar to the open directory I guess for VN/OEL/synonym/blah...

Till then, you'll sadly probably just have to wait.

absinthe
Regular

#14 Post by absinthe »

Could I take you up on the offer of NaNo game hosting? I've sent you a PM! :)
My 2007 NaNo entry: Eidolon

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#15 Post by Blue Lemma »

I noticed the page on visualnews refers to "LSF" as a trusted site and place for PMs but doesn't say what or where it is :wink: