Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
kura-ou
Regular

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3211 Post by kura-ou »

I'm not trying to whore attention. I just need to get this out of my system. I've been over-worked in school for the past 3 weeks and had to help out lab partners until late at night. I had to go out in the field much more often to collect more specimens, but was rushed and almost got dehydrated during the trip. I've spent far too much money these carpools, and when I tried to sell things on eBay for more gas funds, I got stiffed by several buyers even though it's eBay (I can't even re-list because the buyers have been ignoring me for a month, so I owe eBay fees for not even being able to sell).
My printer has also been out of commission for a while, and I can't afford to buy a new one. I'm a bit disappointed since I bought it last year, hoping that it would last me at least 2-3 years.

My close friend was also suicidal last week and I couldn't focus on anything. I was afraid to lose another friend of mine to this sort of thing. I did my best to help and am happy that he's doing a little better now...

And, if anyone is already laughing at my misery and calling me a bad person and all that, my kitchen got flooded with the upstairs' apartments gunk again just yesterday--it was dirty, disgusting and now I don't even have a table to eat on until everything is cleaned up. I'm tired of where I've been living for almost a decade. It's in a bad neighborhood and I can't take all these teenagers making the stairs outside my apartment a hang-out. Even my professors know that I hate living here. I can't really leave any official business to my parents because they need me at home to translate for them when it comes to these crappy apartment problems, but I'm at school for too much of the day. This doesn't even count the travel time required on the bus to and back from school--it's so ridiculous sometimes.

And speaking of school, I'll still be in school for the next month. I won't even have a break until near the end of June--we've just finished taking our 2nd midterms. I'm disappointed with myself because I haven't been keeping up to par with informing commissioners and unlike last quarter, I have been retaining less information for my classes. I don't know what's wrong with me. It's never happened before, but I know one thing: I FEEL LIKE TOTAL CRAP. I would normally be able to handle 12 hour weekend field trips, but I guess because I'm taking 3 science classes, it should be justified that I feel that way. That doesn't help for commissioners, however, especially since someone changed my password on this site while I was away.

I've been out of the loop for so long, I don't know what to say anymore. I don't have any excuses, and I do have sparse sketches, but...I feel like crap, and I don't want to make anyone hateful or angry towards me any longer. I hate that I've been forgetful, and it's my own fault.

I've had 4 exams in the past month, but I brought it on myself, for being this type of dumb student that over-estimated herself.

I just keep thinking that my life will fall apart before I even have energy to formally apologize. I'm afraid of how bad tomorrow will be...especially since there are people IRL who like to make me feel like nothing, and this worsens everything else I've gone through...
my portfolio
=>my *FREE* sketch request thread<=

I am currently booked for May/June/July, but if you would like to buy my ANIMU MERCHANDISE and ADOPTABLES to give them good homes and help keep my college finances afloat over the summer, it would be greatly appreciated ;w;

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#3212 Post by Blue Lemma »

@kura: Hopefully no one is laughing at your misery. There are only a handful of people in the world whose misery I'd laugh at, and you're not one of them.

I would suggest changing your signature for the time being to avoid further complications.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#3213 Post by dramspringfeald »

So, Mom's Been having trouble eating lately. What we were hoping was just an Ulcer was a Tumor on the duct leading from her stomach to her Small intestines. :/

her cancer has Jumped the fire line and will most likely spread faster now.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#3214 Post by Applegate »

Being a music freak, I decided to add an ocarina to my collection of musical instruments. I'm don't particularly play music much, so I went for the cheap $20 plastic ocarina option. I bought another one as a gift to my little brother.

Today I received an ocarina of regular material valued at $130 and a bass double ac ocarina valued at $170, with a receipt for two plastic ocarinas worth $40 total. The problem is that they're in Korea and I have no idea how to communicate other than buying stuff. My sense of morality says to return to sender, my sense of everything else says OHGODTHISREALOCARINAHASSUCHAMAZINGSOUNDI'MINLOVE.

;_;

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#3215 Post by merdeamour »

@Applegate ... Oh my gosh. I've been wanting to buy an ocarina for my younger brother (because he wanted to learn how to play one after playing Legend of Zelda...). ...Sense of morality will win, though, I'm sure, although I feel you T_T
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#3216 Post by Applegate »

I've played them for a bit, fallen in love, then broke my heart and returned to sender with a letter saying they shipped the wrong items.

;_; Return to sender, order unknown. No such purchase, these aren't my own.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#3217 Post by Donmai »

Applegate wrote:;_; Return to sender, order unknown. No such purchase, these aren't my own.
Elvis lives! So this is truly the ocarina of time!
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#3218 Post by dramspringfeald »

Lol knowing some of the Korean Venders. it IS the cheap $20 ones they just sell some at 6 times the price to tourists. Just think of it as a wind fall, but if you have to just email them on their vender site.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

kura-ou
Regular

#3219 Post by kura-ou »

@dramspringfeald ;___; My prayers are with you and your family. Please take care.

@Blue Lemma Well, I would like to hope that, but I've dealt with many others who weren't kind on the net .__. I have changed my signature for the time being and will updating my commissions thread to clear up any issues...hopefully. Unless that isn't allowed, then I understand.

I just went on another field trip this weekend and will have an exam and a paper due on Tuesday. Both the students and professors are so tired at my uni @__@;;;

Despite all the depression I've gone through and all these problems I've caused, I'm grateful to two people who have sent me such kind and sweet messages. Thank you to you both for your warm, compassionate words. I'll keep trying to bulldoze through the piles of schoolwork and commissions that I have.

ファイト!!!
my portfolio
=>my *FREE* sketch request thread<=

I am currently booked for May/June/July, but if you would like to buy my ANIMU MERCHANDISE and ADOPTABLES to give them good homes and help keep my college finances afloat over the summer, it would be greatly appreciated ;w;

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#3220 Post by Applegate »

dramspringfeald wrote:Lol knowing some of the Korean Venders. it IS the cheap $20 ones they just sell some at 6 times the price to tourists. Just think of it as a wind fall, but if you have to just email them on their vender site.
I'm expert enough to tell the difference between a trainee's plastic ocarina and a professional double AC ocarina. These were not plastic.

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#3221 Post by merdeamour »

@Applegate Oh, at least you did the right thing. *pats back*

A double AC ocarina, though... T_T
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#3222 Post by Razz »

-snip for embarrassment-

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#3223 Post by arachni42 »

Razz wrote:-snip for embarrassment-
Hey, that's about how I feel whenever I write something after taking Ambien and then not actually going to bed... and then discover it in the morning with no memory of it. I'm thankful that most of such writing has NOT been public. :mrgreen:

In any case... I hope that having written it got it off your chest anyway ^_^
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

#3224 Post by Ionait »

-no longer relevant-
Last edited by Ionait on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carassaurat
Veteran

#3225 Post by Carassaurat »

I realise this isn't a very big thing to deal with compared to what other people post here, but I recently find myself confronted with the horrible flip side of technology; namely, whenever I make a joke, it's only all too easy to Google it and find out that I'm not the first to make it. No longer can I be blissfully unaware of other people's cleverness and think myself a really funny guy, because to everyone else I might as well just have stolen the joke from someone on the Internet. I was really delighted with the "We have nothing to fear but fear itself and also killer robots" line, but it turns out that "We have nothing to fear but fear itself and spiders" is a complete meme with YouTube videos and all. Both the joke that is the title of the VN I'm working on now and its tagline have been made before. Sometimes I miss the days when we weren't all connected to funny people...