Suikogaiden 1-2 are now fan translated

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Suikogaiden 1-2 are now fan translated

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

Good news from the fan translation scene: there's now a complete English patch for the first Suikogaiden visual novel. It seems this translation project started about five years ago, so I'm glad to see the fans were dedicated enough to finish it.

There were two Suikogaiden VNs made near the end of the Playstation's lifecycle. As far as I can tell, both of them are plot-driven side stories, with little to no slice of life or pairings. They were commercially released in Japan, but you might have to search a bit in order to find import copies. I checked a few import retailers today, but had no success. Consider using Ebay or other auction/classified sites.

Also, keep in mind that Suikogaiden 1 is a side story for Suikoden II. The English version of that game has been out of print for quite some time, and still has not been released on PSN, making it an expensive collectible. Not too long ago, RPGamer looked back on Suikoden II, and considered it a flawed but worthwhile game.
Last edited by gekiganwing on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mithfalath
Projects: Currently writing a light novel

Re: Suikogaiden 1 is now fan translated

#2 Post by Mithfalath »

Hey thanks for this news! :) \o/

Moon20
Regular

Re: Suikogaiden 1 is now fan translated

#3 Post by Moon20 »

Yes Thanks for the news, Do you know whish Playstation 1 emulator is good? So I can try this game

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Suikogaiden 1-2 are now fan translated

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

The second Suikogaiden VN now has a fan translation as well.

For what it's worth, I updated the subject line of my first post to reflect this news.