Recruitment!

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Meneil

Re: Recruitment!

#16 Post by Meneil »

I'm interested in joining a team for NaNo. Here's some things I can do:

-writing: I write a lot as a hobbyist, feel free to contact me for samples and so on
-programming
-Flash animation (although I only have basic logo exp)
-film editing (could make a trailer, although atm I lack any recording software, so I'd need some help getting footage from the game)

I'm not around weekends but my weekday schedule is pretty free. Feel free to contact me on Skype (I live there more or less) @ meneilwildcat , or just send me a PM here.

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#17 Post by Kingv »

I've been wanting to join in on a NaNoRenO project for a while now. And since I'm just down to working on one VN commission right now, I can fit this in during my free time. Willing to work for free for an interesting project.

What I Can Do:
♥ 2-3 sprites (mix n' match expressions, one pose, one or two outfits each)
♥ Custom GUI with a Logo(no coding provided, sorry!)
♥ Idea bouncing

Interested In:
Otome, fantasy (creatures and setting), modern day, historical fiction, GxB, BxB, magic, bishouen, different game settings like underwater or desert, racially diverse cast, something that can be done this month.

Please send a PM with any game ideas you may have or if you'd like to come up with one from scratch together if it'll be along my interest lines. Would love to have some creative freedom, especially towards sprite creation. Am looking to just join one team at the moment so that I don't stretch myself too thin. Feel free to check out my DA gallery for examples of my work as well as to see more of what I'm interested in.
Last edited by Kingv on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

aestate
Regular
Projects: Twinkle Twinkle

#18 Post by aestate »

I'd also love to team up to make a game for NaNoRenO! (I somehow managed to always miss the announcement, in previous years...)

Anyway, I'd like to offer up my services:
  • Art - Sprites. Up to four, varied expressions, etc.
  • Art - CGs. Up to four.
  • Proofreading or editing.
Take a look here at my tumblr account for some art samples. I'd say my style is "anime-inspired" and it'd probably be more suited for something lighthearted. I personally work on slice-of-life GxB or GxG games, but I'm honestly open to anything and any genre.

If interested, please PM me! :D
tumblr.Umbrella Cookie.dA.
Current Project: Twinkle Twinkle.

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#19 Post by arachni42 »

I'll be able to do some editing/proofreading for 2-4 NaNoRenO projects. I'm a native English speaker open to all genres. When desired I'm happy to give in-depth guidance on characterization, voice, atmosphere, and expression of themes and conflict. Or I can just proofread. ^_^
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#20 Post by Tag- »

Nanoreno projects are always fun to join in :D

I'll be available for:
*3-4 Sprites (Waist up with 1 or 2 outfits)
*Proofreading (I'm no writer but if you need an extra set of eyes I can help with that :D)
PM me if needed

Cheratomo
Regular
Completed: Asagao Academy: Normal Boots Club, Solstice, A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: [Game in Progress], A Year Abroad, Entrepreneur Simulator
Organization: Illus Seed
Tumblr: cheratomo

#21 Post by Cheratomo »

EDIT/UPDATE: I am also making my own VN this year. I am currently looking for an artist to do specifically backgrounds (more than likely of the inside of a super posh house), perhaps also CGs. There is another artist already on the project working on sprites. The VN is more serious, and features a female assassin as the protagonist. Let me know if you're interested. ^-^

I'm a newbie to the forum but not to VNs. I've helped edit for both Curse of the Caribbean and the second updated release of A Troll's Fairy Tale. (If anyone's been on Mori's site, I'm the phantom editor Cara.) I've worked as a professional editor before, so I've got lots of experience. I'm willing to work on anything for free, though, and to help develop ideas. More than likely if no one contacts me I'll be contacting someone else~. I like the idea of teams, and I'm willing to work on more than one project. Also, I've got a good track record of meeting deadlines and responding reliably, so.. yes. Let me know (via PM) if you're interested. Since this is my first post, it's nice to meet you all. -bows-

I'd be absolutely willing to help out with
  • Editing (proofreading for spelling/grammar)
    Copy Editing (editing for clarity of understanding instead of just proofreading for grammar and spelling)
    Copy Writing (editing what is written as a basis and turning it into more of a storybook, for lack of a better word. If you have an idea but aren't a writer, this is a good idea)
Last edited by Cheratomo on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#22 Post by Morishita »

Cheratomo wrote:I'm a newbie to the forum but not to VNs. I've helped edit for both Curse of the Caribbean and the second updated release of A Troll's Fairy Tale. (If anyone's been on Mori's site, I'm the phantom editor Cara.) I've worked as a professional editor before, so I've got lots of experience. I'm willing to work on anything for free, though, and to help develop ideas. More than likely if no one contacts me I'll be contacting someone else~. I like the idea of teams, and I'm willing to work on more than one project. Also, I've got a good track record of meeting deadlines and responding reliably, so.. yes. Let me know (via PM) if you're interested. Since this is my first post, it's nice to meet you all. -bows-

I'd be absolutely willing to help out with
  • Coding (I know the basics, but am willing to learn more)
    Writing
    Editing (proofreading for spelling/grammar)
    Copy Editing (editing for clarity of understanding instead of just proofreading for grammar and spelling)
    Copy Writing (editing what is written as a basis and turning it into more of a storybook, for lack of a better word. If you have an idea but aren't a writer, this is a good idea)
Cara! -tackles- Would it be selfish of me to tag you first before the others? I can argue/brainstorm with you and not worry about you hating me me or disappearing Q^Q but I understand if you'd rather not because of the story line that I'm thinking about doing. (wait... I just read your post all the way and I realized that you said you were going to contact someone else, was that someone else me? I guess I should let you be free to spread your wings Q^Q....but I'll secretly hope that we can work together again <3)
For anyone else that would like to partner up with her I have nothing but good things to say about her skills! She's so informative and even if their is a disagreement about something she is very mature and professional when it comes to expressing her thoughts and feelings. She's helped me brainstorm so many aspects of my game that I hadn't thought about on my own. She is just so intelligent and awesome <3 I plan on hiring her once I get my kickstarter for Curse of the Caribbean going <3 (then I'll get to have all that knowledge in her head all to myself Mwahahahaha!) -Ahem- I mean...yay friends working together and not plotting to take over the world with otome power=3

P.s. (Hey Narah! hey! Hey! Don't you go thinking that I don't think your awesome too! please believe that I would be tackling you too and being selfish, wanting your help all to myself <3 Narah and Cara are such good proofreaders, very reliable and smart.)

Cheratomo
Regular
Completed: Asagao Academy: Normal Boots Club, Solstice, A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: [Game in Progress], A Year Abroad, Entrepreneur Simulator
Organization: Illus Seed
Tumblr: cheratomo

#23 Post by Cheratomo »

Morishita wrote: Cara! -tackles- Would it be selfish of me to tag you first before the others? I can argue/brainstorm with you and not worry about you hating me me or disappearing Q^Q but I understand if you'd rather not because of the story line that I'm thinking about doing. (wait... I just read your post all the way and I realized that you said you were going to contact someone else, was that someone else me? I guess I should let you be free to spread your wings Q^Q....but I'll secretly hope that we can work together again <3)
For anyone else that would like to partner up with her I have nothing but good things to say about her skills! She's so informative and even if their is a disagreement about something she is very mature and professional when it comes to expressing her thoughts and feelings. She's helped me brainstorm so many aspects of my game that I hadn't thought about on my own. She is just so intelligent and awesome <3 I plan on hiring her once I get my kickstarter for Curse of the Caribbean going <3 (then I'll get to have all that knowledge in her head all to myself Mwahahahaha!) -Ahem- I mean...yay friends working together and not plotting to take over the world with otome power=3

P.s. (Hey Narah! hey! Hey! Don't you go thinking that I don't think your awesome too! please believe that I would be tackling you too and being selfish, wanting your help all to myself <3 Narah and Cara are such good proofreaders, very reliable and smart.)
Psssh gurl you know I got you xD I'll help you in any way I can. We can figure out the rest in e-mail.

If anyone else is wanting a proofreader or a writer or is perhaps interested in doing art for a VN I would write, I am open to more than one project. Once everything is more concrete with the projects I'm looking at I will be able to see how much I am available for. If anything changes I will update my original post^^

2dt
Regular

#24 Post by 2dt »

If anyone needs a programmer or proof reader, hit me up. Might be willing to help with writing and art as well.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#25 Post by Rinima »

Edit: nm, got it covered.
Last edited by Rinima on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

SyronicHero
Projects: Deathwish ~ A Magical Girl Morality Play
IRC Nick: SyronicHero (or Syr, as Syron is taken.)

#26 Post by SyronicHero »

Might as well post a TLDR version of my post from last week here:

I'm an experienced writer across multiple genres. A caveat if you want me to write something in a month: Give me a deadline or I'll subject myself to scope creep. Who knows, maybe I'll write your idea for you.

Editing and proofreading for sense and maximum clarity, to ensure:
- consistency of style and fluency of delivery
- correct grammar, punctuation and usage
- clear, uncomplicated sentences and paragraph structure
- no confusing jargon, ambiguity, or repetition
Careful attention to accuracy of both facts and language usage
Editing writing by non-native speakers of English
Americanizing or Anglicising text
Polishing translations

My editorial services also include critique, of course, so story and pacing remain consistent.

You may want to be quick. I already have one NaNoRenO project I'll be assisting for a week or two, but as it isn't a solo effort I think I can take on one more.
"We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are."
Writer and Editor for Hire | Honest Critique

arttorney
Regular
Completed: The Cask of Amontillado
Projects: Revelation, Trial Aid Demo

#27 Post by arttorney »

Rinima wrote:Any musicians on here?
See "thewriterjm" (second post of this thread).
You may criticize my works if you wish. That's one of the two reasons I put them on the internet.

Epic Spicer
Projects: Growing Roots (NaNoRenO 14)

#28 Post by Epic Spicer »

I'm another NaNo noob looking to cut their teeth on a project. I've got an idea of my own that I'm going to wrestle, but I don't mind helping others if I can.

What I've got to offer is 700+ personal photos that I'm willing to offer as backgrounds and reference images. I can also manipulate them a little bit, if needed. The photos were taken in various parts of England, Japan, and The UAE; Carlsbad Caverns in NM; Singapore; and an island in the Indian Ocean.

If you're interested in seeing more just message me for the link to the gallery. You can also ask if I've got x. Chances are I won't have anything ultra specific (unless you're looking for a picture of an adult store over a KFC), but I may have something usable.

I'm also available for brainstorming, writer's/artist's block smashing, proofreading, and giving out e-high fives for getting things done.

Ryuua
IRC Nick: Ryuua

#29 Post by Ryuua »

Well, first, hello there :3
I'm a noob in the forum and on the VN's world, although I played and reviewd a few since last year this would be my first time doing my own. I'm a programmer and I was needing an artist and a writer ^^' I would write it myself, but since I'm not an english native speaker I'm terrified of grammar mistakes D8 It's nothing really big, a small project (well, it's for NaNoRenO so '-' ). About the art, I wouldn't need many sprites, 4 or 5 at the limit and with a few poses (2 maybe) and few expressions, but it can be discussed with the artist. About CG's, I would content myself with 2 or 3. Sadly, I can't pay anything since I'm a poor person, and a student so I'm not looking for the best artist on the world, only someone reliable and cooperative ^-^ I have a story in mind but I'm open to sugestions and I can find the BG's myself. My project it's not centred in romance although there's a bit mixed on the plot, so if I have to categorize it it would be GXB :3
If you didn't understand yet, I'm a programmer XD
PM if interested, please 8D
(if it's better, once we start working, even if it's only on the 1st march, we talk by email)

FjärilPrincess
Regular

#30 Post by FjärilPrincess »

I'm always available to proofread or edit ^_^.However,I may be only able to do 2 projects.
"Hey,stranger. I want you to catch me like a cold." - Panic! At The Disco,Hurricane.