I have a "Preferences" question (v4.3 is fun n.n)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Tage
Regular

I have a "Preferences" question (v4.3 is fun n.n)

#1 Post by Tage »

I want to make the size of the "button_text" for the Preferences screen smaller than the GameMenu and MainMenu "button_text"s. Since, there are no direct ways of changing it via something like "style.prefs_button_text.size", I was wondering if it was possible to use the new "ui" feature to create "my own" Preferences screen (pretty much just lowering the size of the button_texts). To do this, however, I would need to recreate the options themselves in "ui.textbutton" form, but I don't know what labels I refer to with the buttons (or however you do it). =| If it's not possible, that's fine. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you for your time.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

There isn't really a good way to do this in 4.3. I've added some styles into the various parts of the Ren'Py library to handle this. While they won't be officially available until Ren'Py 4.4, you can download library.rpy, preferences.rpy, and styles.rpy from:

http://www.bishoujo.us/tmp/

and drop them into your common directory. These files create and use prefs_*button* and gm_nav_*button* styles to style the prefsbuttons and game menu nav buttons, respectively.

Tage
Regular

#3 Post by Tage »

Sweet =D Thank you very much!

Edit: Oh my! It's PERFECT! n.n! Thanks again! This is greatly appreciated!