Seeking Sprite Artist for The Lover's Mountain(Closed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Seeking Sprite Artist for The Lover's Mountain(Closed)

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

After finding some courage and wanting to code again, I've decided to go back and do a short project I did a year ago. I took a break on it to work on school and some other things, but have decided to redo the story. Currently, I have a demo up, so if you want to try it just ask and I can give you the link  . But it's old, so it doesn't show what I write now. Anyway, this game is a slice of life, tragedy, and romance story. Currently it's an otome game, but might have an option to play as a guy. Really depends on the artist. As you can see from the genres the story is going to be a bit more darker then I thought since it'll be more fun to write. As for the sprite position, I can't pay, but can offer coding, writing, and some editing  . This game is also a collaboration

What I'm looking for-I need someone who will stick with me, and won't mind a BL game if I add it. I also need you to have skype, msn, or email. Also, I really would like it if you shared your ideas with me and help make the story with your ideas as well. I'm all for creative freedom to, so please tell me any ideas you have for the characters looks as well. As for the sprites, there are four guys and two girls. Each character will have the basic expressions happy,sad,worried,smiling, blushing,angry, and jealous. Some might get an extra one that fits their personality. I'll also need two outfits for all as well. They will only need one pose to.

As from my part, I have the whole thing down since I kind of written it already. I have to go back though and write it in present tense which will take a while.

So, if you're interested please pm me or leave a comment. Here's some more info on the game. Thanks 

Ps-If you want to see the old thread just ask. Might give you an idea of what I am doing

The Lover's Mountain

Plot- It is said the Mount Hara grants any wish during a full moon to those who desperately believe in their wish hard enough. Liza, a girl who has always been bullied because of her looks, goes with a group of her classmates to the mountain during the full moon and makes a wish to find someone who will accept her for who she is due to the secret loneliness she feels. But wishes don't come without a price, and even with Liza's wish granted, her life becomes anything but easy, and she must find a way to make her wish become fully true, or forever be cursed.

Characters
Liza- Our protagonist. Since she was a kid, Liza has always been lazy and rarely does anything for school. Most of her time is either playing video games or working on her romance novel. Due to her rather 'scary' looks, many at school think she is some delinquent. However, Liza is actually quite friendly and knows how to treat people well. But with her short temper and laziness, it's hard for her to make friends. Liza also often day dreams at times, and doesn't always speak clearly when she is thinking of her next idea. Is a bit of a moocher as well.

Allen- Liza's older brother. Like his sister he's super lazy, but even more so. Most of his days are spent playing eroge video games, or watching anime. Funny enough, Allen tries to constantly get his sister to be a hard worker despite not really being one himself. Still he is quite mature and gives good advice to others. Liza though often wonders how her brother can afford the house since he doesn't do much. She's currently thinking he might have a job he shouldn't.

Obtainable Characters
Aron- A know-it-all who never knows when to keep his mouth shut. Aron is all about scientific proof, and will never believe in anything unless someone can make it fact. Aron is top in his class and is very capable at any sport. He owns the word 'leader', and isn't afraid to direct those in the right direction. For some odd reason he is very popular with girls, but most of the guys want to beat the shit out of him. Aron has no little belief in the mountain being able to grant wishes. In fact, he actually is trying to disprove such a theory, which has yet to happen. Even though he can be a jerk and even annoying, Aron still has a friendly side to him, and protects those he considers his friends. However, even with someone so proud like him, Aron is actually quite unhappy and secretly does something he shouldn't do with certain people at night.

Elias-An eccentric painter who many believe lives in the art room. Elias doesn't like loud places or people, and so prefers his alone time. He's a guy who mostly thinks and watches things, rather then jumping into the latest trends. But don't let his quiet nature fool you. Elias has quite the temper and becomes very scary when someone threatens him. In fact, many rumors go around in school about him actually nearly killing someone. Due to being a loner, he has few friends and isn't social at many events. Many of the teachers like him though due to how respectful he is. Elias though, often hides out at school for some reason, and doesn't want to go home. Strangely, for a guy who dislikes being around others, he has great admiration for Liza, and how she always acts like herself. Can also be too honest at times.

Hisoka- A smart teacher who comes from Japan in order to teach. As the mysterious, handsome, and charming teacher, it's no surprise that's he's captured the hearts of many girls and strangely even some guys. However this is just an act, as Liz finds out, and in reality Hisoka is quite cruel, cunning, and manipulative, though really this only applies to those he wants to help. He believes education is highly important and will literally do anything to make every student he has excel at far and beyond. At times he can be considered as somewhat crazy due to the long and no very understandable speeches that he randomly gives. Due to him always working, Hisoka knows little about the dating scene and often says stupid things to the women he goes with. Still, though he may seem like an ass, Hisoka is actually very helpful and might actually know what he's doing. Still, ones gotta wonder why he left Japan. Is also best friends with Allen, which is how he gets his eroge games.

Sub Characters
Danny- An eager girl who is always willing to try something new. She has a fixation with Liza and desires to be her friend no matter what. Danny loves music more than anything and believes in love more then anything, thus coming off as a hopeless romantic. She's also a bit too excitable for her own good and others find it hard to keep up with her. Her reasons for going to the mountain are unknown since her life seems perfect, but it seems to have something to do with Aron.

Sara- A popular girl who will do anything to get what she wants. She is frenemies with Liza and Danny, and will not hesitate to put what she wants in front of them. Still, one can't help but feel sorry for the girl. She's never actually had a real friend.

Miss Rose- A teacher at the school. She often has rowels with Liza and how she's so lazy. Though serious and at times 'mean', she is still a kind-hearted woman and just wants to see everyone do there best.