Recruiting: Background Artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
XxrenxX
Veteran
Projects: Chasing
Deviantart: bara-ettie

Recruiting: Background Artist

#1 Post by XxrenxX »

About the Project:
Title: Chasing
Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Tragedy
Rating: 16+ [Contains Blood and a light amount of swear words, demo contains none]
Project Started: Oct 2012
Game Desc: Sandra, the lead heroine, gets thrown into a world that she grew up to believe doesn't exist, that is just a myth. She shortly learns the secrets her own family has hidden from her and why this mysterious man, Darmuid, has come to protect her and bring her to the city.
The game takes place in modern time and generally in our same world, the only thing that is really fantasy about it is the races of the people she meets. And no this is not the games release description, that's still in the works.

Current Project Staff:
Writer/Programmer/GUI/Sprites/CG: Collette Spain
Editor: Nahid, Eliana Zebro
Music: Eric Taylor
Terminology: Collette Spain, Zachary Taylor
Testers: Jessica Vieira, Zachary Taylor
Current Game/Asset Previews:
Main Menu
Main Menu
Darmuid Halfir Neutral Sprite
Darmuid Halfir Neutral Sprite
I am Looking for a background artist that would night lending a hand for the demo for free. Once the demo is complete I will be opening up a fundraiser on either kickstarter or indiegogo to raise money to officially pay everyone for their work. I already have a few people helping me in setting it up to hopefully make it a success.

How many backgrounds is in the demo? Around 30-33, I do not have a set number set but it's between those two.
Can I request how much I want to be paid? Yes. When I start the kickstarter I'm going to add up everyone's work fees to get the total, and then add the % charge the site will take for a proper total.
Why are you asking me to work free first? Because for the kickstarter I want people to at least take a look into the work everyone has did to hopefully get them more interested. I have the base demo done I just need to finish all the assets first else it won't look as good and if I'm releasing something for people to enjoy, even if a demo, I want it to look like a finished product.

If you have any other questions please comment or send me a message. I would also like to see an example of people's work before I accept you. Sorry but I want something that can fit in with the current art we are using. And I know it's a bit selfish to ask someone to work for free but if I get extra money from my job I will be putting that towards your work. And the work you will do/already have done will be included in the kickstarter.

-Collette