Lapis Azurai [Fantasy][Trading Sim][GxG][GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
BlueWinds
Github: BlueWinds

Lapis Azurai [Fantasy][Trading Sim][GxG][GxB]

#1 Post by BlueWinds »

Hello all, and thank you for a moment of your time. :) I've been making games for some time, though my older ones are decidedly NSFW, so I won't directly link them here. I am pleased to announce my third game, Lapis Azurai. There was a kickstarter, but I cancelled it and will be releasing everything for free for everyone instead. *^^*

The art in this game is 100% original, and I hope you'll agree that the artists I'm working with have done an excellent job.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Play - http://play.winds.blue
There is NSFW content, but it's pretty clearly marked as such and not required for the main plot.

This is not a world tamed and settled, but still vibrant with magic. Settlements are scattered across the map, wherever they can find a patron to protect them or a hidden cove to shelter from the storms. Spirits demand obeisance before one can clear land for a farm. Demons ask for a drop of blood every day or they will tear down the town’s walls. A goddess protects her chosen people from the perils of the open desert in return – but no one else.

Vailia is the center of the world. Not out of arrogance does the city claim this, but as established fact – in all the thousands of miles of land and sea it has explored, no other nation dares brave the untamed wilds and storms of the open ocean. Its merchants bring together distant lands, carrying news across the known world despite the peril.

Natalie Rowena is one such. A childhood friend who left his family to follow her – an irrepressible thief who wants to see the world – a quiet warrior with a dark past and enough magic to shatter a country – these are her companion in her journey as she simply tries to make a living in a dangerous world.

About the Game
http://winds.blue/about/

Lapis Azurai is a Business Management Game / Visual Novel, written in Javascript (Coffeescript, actually) and inspired by the likes of Recettear, Princess Maker, the Firefly board game, and Pirates of the Caribbean (yes, the third movie, not the first). It runs in your browser, either from the server or from your local machine – if you download it, the game doesn’t require an internet connection. It requires a relatively new version of Firefox, Chrome or Safari. It will not run under Internet Explorer.

The game is completely free, and runs mainly off developer enthusiasm (there is a Patreon page, https://www.patreon.com/bluewinds, but it only partially offsets the art budget). All game code is licensed GPL v3. All game assets (art and text) are released under Creative Commons Attribution, Non-commercial, Share-alike license.

So what?

Updates, development notes, personal anecdotes and quite a bit of art is available on my blog. http://winds.blue I usually have new releases of the game with buxfixes, new art and additional writing or gameplay a couple of times a month. You can read about them there.

I would appreciate any feedback you care to give. Story as well as the engine itself - it's 100% custom, written in Javascript. If you're interested in the coding aspect, I'd be happy to discuss, and the original CoffeeScript source is available on github.
Last edited by BlueWinds on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

effenelle
Regular
Projects: Un:Wanted [GxB]
Deviantart: effenelle

Re: Lapis Azurai [Fantasy][Trading Sim][Romance]

#2 Post by effenelle »

Arghhh you know what? Your game got me hooked for hours! Now I haven't slept yet even though it's already 5am ><

Haha your game is REALLY good. Professional art and game design. I would REALLY wish to play more of it. Speaking of which...I can't seem to find
Nonkenia for the diplomat mission. Is the demo up until Alkenia only? That said, I also have trouble trying to gain more money :cry: It took me like 200 days (game-wise)to realize that I can sell wood at Valia and Maiden Tea is much more profitable in Alkenia..
.I barely made up with working in shipyard. I suggest you increase the method to gain money, but that's just my opinion.

And FYI, each time I get the notification to choose lesson while sailing and I choose combat, after getting combat points then it shows error saying something like 'cannot read properties James undefined'. Every time. But after that, the game proceeds just fine. Maybe just a small issue, thought I should let you know. Anyway, thanks so much for the game! Looking forward for more!
Un:Wanted (GxB)
A game made from free resources found in LemmaSoft's Creative Commons!
\(^▽^)/
Thanks everyone!

BlueWinds
Github: BlueWinds

Re: Lapis Azurai [Fantasy][Trading Sim][Romance]

#3 Post by BlueWinds »

Oh, hey, I had sort of forgotten this thread existed. Glad you've enjoyed it. :) I suppose I should update the opening post a bit while I'm at it. There isn't really a "demo" - the whole game is free, playable at the same link, updated there as I work on more.

Try visiting other places a bit and come back - a lot of things are on timers (at least X days between events), like the option to find new locations at the library, to encourage you to explore more rather than tapping out all the events in each location and moving on.

Yep, there were some bugs in the last release (combat and speaking with your crew were a couple of them). Should mostly be fixed in the most recent one (just refresh the page a few times and things will start working). I add new content / bugfixes a couple times a month, so feel free to report anything else you find wrong. :)

P_Nova
Regular
Projects: Wings of Justice
Organization: BunnyPudding&Co.
Tumblr: bunnypuddingandco

Re: Lapis Azurai [Fantasy][Trading Sim][GxG][GxB]

#4 Post by P_Nova »

Seems interesting and art is good ! I'll give it a try ! What did do wrong with the kickstarter idea ?
(>^^)> If you have tried our game, please, leave us a little comment. <(^^<)

(>^^)> !!! We are still amateur, help us to grow big and professionnal !!! <(^^<)

Test our demo !

Milkymalk
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Don't Look (AGS game)
Projects: KANPEKI! ★Perfect Play★
Organization: Crappy White Wings

Re: Lapis Azurai [Fantasy][Trading Sim][GxG][GxB]

#5 Post by Milkymalk »

Went to the library trying to find more ports... always doze off "because of the nice weather". Okay, now it's raining! Let's go there ~ I doze off "because of the nice weather" again. WTF?

Meh. Would have been nice if that worked.
Crappy White Wings (currently quite inactive)
Working on: KANPEKI!
(On Hold: New Eden, Imperial Sea, Pure Light)