hallucinate

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
mnl

hallucinate

#1 Post by mnl »

Hello all! I am currently in the process of writing and illustrating my first visual novel -- hallucinate (bearing no resemblance to the other work of the same title).

The story is a sad one. I'm not going into too much detail here, as I'd like to let you all guess for yourselves! :wink:

However, I will tell you a bit about the format and characters. I suppose you could consider the game both GxB and BxG, as the story will jump back and forth between viewpoints -- though it's not much of a love story in the "traditional" sense.

There are five characters -- Kana (protaganist), Tarou (protaganist's "boyfriend"), Kana's father, Kana's mother, and Kana's little brother.

Kana and Tarou are both high school students. Kana is not a very intelligent girl, has low tolerance for anger, and almost no impulse control. Tarou is an exceptionally perceptive boy who is hurt by the world around him. He cares for Kana very, very much -- it's a strange form of love, almost like a father and daughter.

Oh, yeah -- what fun would it be without pictures? Here you go.

Feedback is very welcome! Oh, and feel free to guess about the story (I might give hints).

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: hallucinate

#2 Post by DaFool »

mnl wrote:feel free to guess about the story (I might give hints).
Something like Kanami?

#3 Post by Guest »

DaFool wrote:
mnl wrote:feel free to guess about the story (I might give hints).
Something like Kanami?
Mmm... good guess. It's actually a story of mental illness and the effect it has on people.

Oh, and the characters -- tentative. I'm also considering using a single, adult male as the lead.

mnl

#4 Post by mnl »

UPDATE -- 11/6/07

I've decided to go with my second idea of using a single, adult male as my protaganist. Here are some new pics:

I would really like some feedback on this project! Thanks.

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#5 Post by rocket »

I really like this whimsical sketch book style!

I think it's going to be very atmospheric and am definitely looking forward to it!