Making a web version of your VN for free

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

Making a web version of your VN for free

#1 Post by DrSchizo »

Hi,

I've been working on a visual novels engine for some time now. It is called Sandbox Adventure Engine.

I've already converted several visual novels and I'm still looking to work on other projects, since every game has its own specificities and challenges. Every converted game is displayed on the Sandbox Adventure website and still fully belonged to their author. I don't have the right to do anything with the HTML5 versions except displaying them for free on the Sandbox Adventure website.

A list of converted games is visible here: http://sandbox-adventure.com

I wrote a little tutorial about how to make a Ren'Py game fully compatible with Sandbox Adventure. I am still the only one able to convert a game, but it will be much faster if you follow this simple rules. Most tips can actually be followed on every Ren'Py project, no matter if you want to make it compatible to Sandbox Adventure or not. It is just one way of coding correctly a Ren'Py game. So I would advice anyone to read it ;)

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

Re: Making a web version of your VN for free

#2 Post by Steamgirl »

This is very cool! If you're curious to see it in action, try my 15-minute game "My Cup of Coffee: The Trouble with Earl Grey". ^_^
http://sandbox-adventure.com/my-cup-of-coffee.html *shameless plug*

Or any of the other games in the DrSchizo list, of course. Just wanted to add my vote of confidence!