Need ideas for a party

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
M12
Veteran

Need ideas for a party

#1 Post by M12 »

Hello my Lemmasoft buddies =D. I'll be attending a friend's b'day party this weekend. The theme is "the 80s". Any suggestions? I don't have any old school clothes. All I have is a t-shirt with a Nintendo controller on it. I think I'll start there. I also have an original gameboy and gamegear. I'm hoping to go there as a game nerd, because that's what I am. Any ideas would be appreciated =D! Thanks.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Re: Need ideas for a party

#2 Post by chronoluminaire »

Hmm... As with everything, I start by looking it up on Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980s#Culture
Rubik's Cubes might have potential. Stripes of bright colour in the hair, perhaps. Ray-Ban sunglasses.

Or look in the list of films further down: Back to the Future, Tron, Robocop, and so on.

But yes, perhaps just something to do with the original Super Mario Bros might be the way to go :)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#3 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Hmm... Place some old consoles around and paste nintendo characters on the shotglasses. Oh, and maybe some bitpop....

And a Nintedo tournament!

Meh, just my stupid mind carrieng me away. I love the 80's and oldschool gaming, but I can't think of very much right now.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Jake
Support Hero

#4 Post by Jake »

Ten points for a Global Hypercolour t-shirt! ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#5 Post by papillon »

Ah, I was going to say that before scrolling down far enough to see it'd been mentioned... :) Are they still active? The clothing itself, I mean. I had a shirt but I'm not sure what became of it so I don't know if it still color-changes...

Jake
Support Hero

#6 Post by Jake »

papillon wrote:Are they still active? The clothing itself, I mean. I had a shirt but I'm not sure what became of it so I don't know if it still color-changes...
I know some of the people I knew at the time with them managed to 'break' them so they got stuck on one colour or had discoloured patches, I presume this happened in the manner described in the article. Whether a new sealed one from the late eighties would work today, I have no idea... ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

M12
Veteran

#7 Post by M12 »

That's the thing. I don't have those 80s clothes, that's why I'm stressed out. I want to go as a game/anime otaku. Maybe wear a Kamen Rider bling bling, whatever that is. Maybe an original gameboy sticking out of the pocket. Whatever. I don't know what to do. Thanks for the suggestions so far. More ideas would be appreciated!

M12
Veteran

#8 Post by M12 »

That does it! I'm going to go as a crappy version of Kamen Rider Black. Hope it works out XD...

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#9 Post by lordcloudx »

haha! Go for it! Maybe you can even equip yourself with some kind of red flashlight belt.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Kaihaku
Regular

#10 Post by Kaihaku »

Please share some pictures of the outfit.

M12
Veteran

#11 Post by M12 »

http://tdomj.wordpress.com/2008/02/04/k ... der-black/

Well, there it is... feel free to laugh >_<! XD

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#12 Post by chronoluminaire »

Awesome :D
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Lucifiel
Regular

#13 Post by Lucifiel »

That costume looks really cool. :)

Hyperguy
Regular
Projects: H.EXEC

#14 Post by Hyperguy »

Who’s this cardboard-wearing retard?
Stop mirroring my sentiments!