Big Changes for Lemma Soft

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Jerails
Veteran

#31 Post by Jerails »

*Comes flying in through the sun-roof, causing a 1 million dollar American action scene involving a face and several tables, ricocheting off two walls, soaring over the heads of the local peoples, before skipping along the floor and skidding to a halt in front of the now terrified/concerned group*

...*Stands*...Oh em gee double eww tee eff bee bee kyuu?

*Everyone else...STARE...*

...Eheheheheh...Yeah...Uhhh...I never got a memo that the site went down so I had to track down the forums with this map! *Holds up a map of the Antarctica* ...I coulda sworn you guys were over here. *Points to a badly drawn smiley face with the words "Lemma's Place" scribbled on* But then I found out from a local penguin that I ended up here *Points to another smiley with the words "Starbucks" written nearby* and then after navigating the iceland for a good three days *Traces finger along a dotted route that doesn't even come close to getting near Lemma's Place* I realized that I needed a guide to get around. So I hired a local penguin, quite a charming fellow indeed, that penguin. Can't remember his name though, Lin-something...
Oh well, anyway after I told the guide where I wanted to go he took me there. But guess what? You guys weren't there! *Points to a little star with the words "omgwtf not there lolz" underlined* So I asked Mr. Lin-uh...Lin...Linux! There we go! I asked Linux where LemmaSoft was and he was all "...<.< >.> v.v ^.^;;" So then I was all "...double eww tee eff?" And then the sun went away and I got all Tastee Freezed by the cold so the penguin dood threw me over the ice cliffs into the ocean and was all "Lolz."
Now then, while I was chillaxing in the cube of uber cold water I was all "Brrrr" and stuffs. Then I arrived on the shore of some place and asked the natives where LemmaSoft was. They was all uber coolness and stuffs, and then one of them introduced me to their shrine goddess. She was all coolness and stuffs too until the cube defrosted and my clothes shattered from the sudden shift in temperature. Then she was all "Hentai~~! Keitaro no baka!" and was all Rocky III on my ass. Then she gave me this Kasumi high kick that was all orbital and stuffs. Then I landed here. So now I'm back!! I hope.
It's been a while, folks!

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#32 Post by Otaku Dash »

:shock: *Disturbed look* ....AAAANNNDDDD...... you're naked. *Takes bunny outfit from bag* Here take this... its the only thing i got... AND NO DON'T ASK ME WHAT I'M DOING WITH A HUGE BUNNY SUIT! :evil:

Everyone -> *STARE STARE*

*silence*

Errrm.... so Jerails... welcome back! :D Where have you been all this time? :?
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

darkknight
Veteran

#33 Post by darkknight »

I did not forget you...I opened a thread in your honor

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=407

Welcome back
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Random

#34 Post by Random »

Though slightly disappointed in the stop of development in ToL2, I understand as an artist to go away from something and come back on a later date. Hell even some of the best writer/artist type people like Mark Twain did that.

Good luck on your future projects Lemma :D

Jerails
Veteran

#35 Post by Jerails »

*Is now wearing the bunny suit* ...I'm a sexy little beast.

Oh yeah, I'm quite curious, now that you've got the site foundation all set, when can we expect the return of the actual site itself?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#36 Post by Blue Lemma »

Jerails wrote:Oh yeah, I'm quite curious, now that you've got the site foundation all set, when can we expect the return of the actual site itself?
The site will come back once the next game is done. I'd give you an estimate when, but I think my game release date credibility is not so good right now ^__^;

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#37 Post by mikey »

In all honesty? It's not a good move. Put it up, even if it's the old version. What's the use of having the site back up when it's not? I don't mind personally, but you're likely to lose A LOT of potential fans - just think of the many sites that link to you - people are visiting the site every day - do you think a first-timer will bookmark it? :? Again, no offence. :wink:

Grey
Veteran

#38 Post by Grey »

Yeah...just stick the old files back up again, without the downloads if you prefer. The most you'd have to do is add a comment or a footnote or two to certain pages. Uploading it is no work at all...

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#39 Post by Blue Lemma »

Yeah, you guys are right. So I put everything back up. 8)
Actually, I'm feeling a little better now that I'm back in the net world :D Good thing I have you guys here to keep me straight on this stuff!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#40 Post by Taleweaver »

Go BL! Go BL! w00t!
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Tom Bombadil
Regular

#41 Post by Tom Bombadil »

No more ren'ai? ;_; Ah well, if that's what you think is best, then go for it. ^_^ The other projects sound spiffy...but I hope you finish ToL2 at some point...^^; Not that I've any room to complain to anybody about not finishing something...;;>_____> Good luck! ^_^
Meh, I don't feel like coming up with a sig right now....^_^;;

Jerails
Veteran

#42 Post by Jerails »

This is turning out to be just like the Arrogancy.net website...

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#43 Post by Megaman Z »

Jerails wrote:This is turning out to be just like the Arrogancy.net website...
By that you would mean technically dead? if so, let's hope not... (you hear that, Blue Lemma? keep working on the games!)

(notices Jerials in a bunny outfit) eh... I'm not even gonna ask about that...
~Kitsune Zeta

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#44 Post by musical74 »

*Returns after a few days of wrestling with the ISP and sees that both Jeralis and Okatu Dash are wearing bunny suits....ummmmmm....did I miss a memo on the bunny suits??*

Good to see that the site's back up and running! Just wondering on the firewall thing...I use zonealarm for the firewall...would that block the hacking attempts completely or should I get a better one? so far it's been OK for me but all it would take is one bad experience to make me think twice about getting a new firewall...
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#45 Post by Sai »

musical74 wrote:...would that block the hacking attempts completely or should I get a better one?
What hacking attempts?
If you mean when people mentioned hacking in relation to Lemmasoft, they meant people hacking the main server over at Lunarpages (the webhost where Lemmasoft is hosted). That won't affect people visiting the site at all and also it's not necessarily direct. Some people just get a kick out of attacking servers of big webhosting companies. Also people who have accounts on the same server Blue Lemma has an account on could upload a file that goes haywire (accidentally) onto the server and that kind of crap. But again, this wouldn't affect people visting the site.

In geenral though, of course, its best to have a good firewall etc.
I don't know anything about zonealarm other than its free, but I think Norton is supposed to be a leading brand in computer protection. Norton Internet Security includes advanced virus protection and a firewall. It's not that expensive and I reccomend it.
I used to have a free one but lack of updates meant my computer got infected with a virus and I had to pay to get it repaired ._. But I dont know anything about zonealarm