I saw a ghost!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: I saw a ghost!

#46 Post by Cybeat »

Oops. I was only trying to stop the arguments.

Anyway, I think I've seen a UFO before. I saw something silver in the sky. At first I thought it was a plane, but it disappeared, and then reappeared. After that, it suddenly took off. I still don't know about ghosts (I think I'm slightly spectrophobic (scary movies)), but aliens are probably real.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#47 Post by bloodywyvern »

I doubt the UFO's that are seen are actually from aliens, as technology of the military today would be able to identify things like that pretty quickly. However, if you believe the military keeps it from us and hides alien stuff away in the desert...there is no hope for you already...

I'd say there is a fairly good chance aliens exist but it's highly improbably they have visited us already.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#48 Post by Cybeat »

You mean Area 51? They don't just hide aliens (if aliens ever did crash here), they also do fake things to trick America/other countries. I won't say what it is (you should already know what I'm talking about), because it may bring up another argument and I might get in trouble.
Mujinchitai
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#49 Post by akemicchi »

I've seen lots of ghosts. There's a bearded man that roams my room at night; he stands by my bed to stare, and sometimes he walks out the door to make some noise. Sometimes a bunch of people stand by my bed and start talking to me, and they keep me up at night with their gossip. There are even some ghosts that scratch at the door to my room, and those that pull at my hair. They don't always appear at night though; there have been instances where they've called my name when I'm outside in the sunlight. Sometimes, I even wake up with wounds and bruises on my body.

Oh, oh! There was also this time when I saw a car crash in front of my eyes and a bloody person coming out, but when I give a double take, there isn't even a car or a person there. Ooo, a ghost car. D:

... But I'm diagnosed with psychosis, and once I started to take medications that treat that, the ghosts have gone! Yay! Hahaha. (Except my wounds. o_o; I think it's probably because I sleepwalk. Pffuhahaha.)

Anyway, I don't believe in either the existence or nonexistence of ghosts. Show me hard evidence (and by that, I mean prove it to me with scientific laws) that they ABSOLUTELY do or ABSOLUTELY do not exist, and then I will believe you. Otherwise, I don't believe people who tell me they exist or do not. That goes the same with aliens and everything else considered myths or legends or whatever.

Also, even if aliens have 'a higher probability' of existing than ghosts, there hasn't been any hard evidence that proves they ARE real. Unless.... Wait, IS there evidence? o_o;

(Not to say I don't believe in extraterrestrial beings-- on the contrary, I do, considering the unlikely-hood of us being the only living things in the whole universe; but I myself haven't seen any evidence of their existence so I don't completely believe in them. I want to see a living alien~~ ;A; )

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#50 Post by Cybeat »

Like Ruuko from To Heart2 *she was cute*! Anyway, the same thing happens to me sometimes. I wake up with scratches or bleeding somewhere, but I think we did that ourselves.

Oh! I remember something! I remember the time I saw a shadow walking without it's person. I thought about either following it or running away. I chose option B.
Mujinchitai

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#51 Post by PyTom »

Cybeat wrote:You mean Area 51? They don't just hide aliens (if aliens ever did crash here), they also do fake things to trick America/other countries.
The use of Area 51 is well known... it's where the US develops top-secret aircraft. The U-2, SR-71, and F-117 were all developed there. While we don't know what's being made there today, it's almost certain that it's still being used for a similar purpose, which is why there are reports of UFOs... flying objects we can't identify.

The UFOs, of course, are stored in the 9-acre complex that is under (really, the first-story of) the Disneyworld Magic Kingdom. It's perfect cover, since who would expect a government laboratory underneath the happiest place on earth, and if anyone sees anything it's just a "potential ride for Tomorrowland".
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Sin
Veteran

#52 Post by Sin »

How do you guys know I'm not alien!? ..or a ghost? ;D
..a nerdy ghost.

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by Cybeat »

If the best place to hide UFOs is under Disney World, how come we know it's there now? I thought the utilidor under Disney World is for the amusement park's benefits, like rooms for employees and kitchens and supplies and stuff.

@Sin: Because you already told us ghosts have very little possibilies of being real. However, Etna *points at your avatar* looks like a ghost! Sort of...
Mujinchitai

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#54 Post by bloodywyvern »

Cybeat wrote:If the best place to hide UFOs is under Disney World, how come we know it's there now? I thought the utilidor under Disney World is for the amusement park's benefits, like rooms for employees and kitchens and supplies and stuff.

@Sin: Because you already told us ghosts have very little possibilies of being real. However, Etna *points at your avatar* looks like a ghost! Sort of...
Of course he would TELL you there is very little possibility. That's what makes his cover so beautiful, DISSECT HIM! It's the only way to find proof!

I dunno, I was under the impression that the "small world" ride was an experimental brainwashing device. Either that or psychological torture.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#55 Post by PyTom »

Cybeat wrote:If the best place to hide UFOs is under Disney World, how come we know it's there now? I thought the utilidor under Disney World is for the amusement park's benefits, like rooms for employees and kitchens and supplies and stuff.
That's what THEY want you to think.
bloodywyvern wrote:I dunno, I was under the impression that the "small world" ride was an experimental brainwashing device. Either that or psychological torture.
Nah. It's simply UN propaganda, sponsored by the Illuminati via the Men in Black.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by Cybeat »

Ah! But how did you know the UFOs are down there? I would want to see them (entry fee would be the cost of my life probably).

@bloodywyvern: So you thought the small world was annoying too. My parents liked it.
Mujinchitai

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#57 Post by LVUER »

Sin wrote:
LVUER wrote:In my daily life, supernatural phenomenons occurs quite often (although I never experience it directly, like my early post states), the victims are people around me. So I could say I experience them second hand, and quite often.
There's a difference between something supernatural and something natural interpreted as supernatural. It's all in the eye of the beholder. I have a more realistic view on the world (clearly) and I find more joy in finding rational explanation than succumbing to mysticism.
I already told you. Actually I'm quite a rational person and I'm not come from mystic background. If something happened, I always ask rational question first before making any conclusion like "Why is that happening?" "How could that happened?" "What is the possibility of xxx happening?" And so on, and so on.
Like when my class was cut, the first question came into my mind is "Why!" not "Yay!".

If you think ghost is not a supernatural, then let me rephrase my statement :
"In my daily life, dealing (meeting, seeing, etc) with ghost happened quite often (although I never experience it directly, like my early post states), the victims are people around me. So I could say I experience them second hand, and quite often."

And yes, me too enjoy rational explanation more than mystic one. Please, I'm a teacher and took information management, database, and IS engineering major (So basically, I'm a "half" scientist), not some mystic believer.

I won't say "yeah, ghost is real" anytime seeing anything strange, but also not "ghost DEFINITELY not exists". I gladly take something that proved right, even if it proved I'm wrong and have to swallow my pride (you can't eat PRIDE even if you add spice on it)

BTW, May be... should I write "spirit" instead of "ghost"?
Cybeat wrote:Oops. I was only trying to stop the arguments.

Anyway, I think I've seen a UFO before. I saw something silver in the sky. At first I thought it was a plane, but it disappeared, and then reappeared. After that, it suddenly took off. I still don't know about ghosts (I think I'm slightly spectrophobic (scary movies)), but aliens are probably real.
From ghost to alien. My, may be we should make a VN from these discussions ^_^

"Ghost and Alien, real or not"
bloodywyvern wrote:
Cybeat wrote:@Sin: Because you already told us ghosts have very little possibilies of being real. However, Etna *points at your avatar* looks like a ghost! Sort of...
Of course he would TELL you there is very little possibility. That's what makes his cover so beautiful, DISSECT HIM! It's the only way to find proof!
If the real Sin is as cute as the avatar, could you dissect Sin?

Mugen

#58 Post by Mugen »

PyTom wrote:
Cybeat wrote:You mean Area 51? They don't just hide aliens (if aliens ever did crash here), they also do fake things to trick America/other countries.
The use of Area 51 is well known... it's where the US develops top-secret aircraft. The U-2, SR-71, and F-117 were all developed there. While we don't know what's being made there today, it's almost certain that it's still being used for a similar purpose, which is why there are reports of UFOs... flying objects we can't identify.

The UFOs, of course, are stored in the 9-acre complex that is under (really, the first-story of) the Disneyworld Magic Kingdom. It's perfect cover, since who would expect a government laboratory underneath the happiest place on earth, and if anyone sees anything it's just a "potential ride for Tomorrowland".
As alway, I find it strange that Area 51 is pointed to as a place they store UFOs.
When it was unknown sure, but now I dought it.
Area 51 is just one, they're 50 other places we don't know about after all. lol

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#59 Post by JQuartz »

LVUER wrote:"In my daily life, dealing (meeting, seeing, etc) with ghost happened quite often (although I never experience it directly, like my early post states), the victims are people around me. So I could say I experience them second hand, and quite often."
The problem with second hand information is that they're generally inaccurate. Other than that there's also the problem with third-(or fourth-... etc) hand information disguised as first hand information.

Though I'm a believer, I seldom will believe any supernatural phenomena that I didn't experience first-hand and analysed it (seeing alone isn't good enough for me).
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#60 Post by azureXtwilight »

This is what I really wanna say:

1. Don't mix ghost and religion, you know. Faith is something we just believe and faith can't be proved by science. Like, why do you believe it? No one can explain why we believed in something. For those who want to believe, then believe. For those who doesn't, okay, don't.

2. I think all these ghost stuff is back to ourselves. It hasn't been proved by science, 'kay? Horray to whoever can prove it! So like I said, no use to be mad about this stuffs, let those who believe, believe.

3. Aliens? I believed they existed, this universe is HUGE, you know.
We don't know what's beyond this universe. LoL