:shocked: Princess Debut (A Dating Sim?) Coming Stateside!

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

:shocked: Princess Debut (A Dating Sim?) Coming Stateside!

#1 Post by rioka »

I recently saw a news press for a DS game to be localized here in the States called Princess Debut (images here). It sounds like Princess Maker though much simpler and is more of a rhythm game than raiser sim.
Princess Debut offers four modes of play including Story, Ballroom, Practice, and Movie. With 20 outfits to find, 14 unique endings to experience, and 18 different kinds of music and dance styles to choose from (including Waltz, Latin dance, Tango, Ballroom, and much more), there’s no shortage of things to see and do!
Anyways, I'm happy this is coming over (Sept 23 according to Amazon). Maybe if it does well, Natsume(!)* will bring localize PM4! :3 :hopes:

* Very surprise about this. They've mostly brought HM, River King, Metropolis Mania, Chulip and a few other titles. Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised considering most of them have a dating theme... D:

GLACIER
Regular

Re: :shocked: Princess Debut (A Dating Sim?) Coming Stateside!

#2 Post by GLACIER »

Looks like a new in-house development. I don't think Natsume has done one of those in ages.

Evila
Projects: Untitled Otome/Adventure Game

#3 Post by Evila »

Nah, Natsume didn't develop this one. It's actually a game from Cave of all companies. Came out last month in Japan as Ohimesama Debut. Anyways, this is pretty exciting. Especially with Idea Factory recently looking into releasing English adventure games for girls too. Hopefully they both do well and we get more stuff in the future.
( '-')b

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

I spam Atlus all the time...

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

I'm glad that someone licensed this. The DS is a good platform for bringing in the "non core gamer" audience (adults and women).

But speaking of licensing, I mentioned Princess Debut on the Atlus forums a while back (see http://www.atlus.com/new_forum/viewtopic.php?t=1155 ). At the time, I was browsing import sites, looking for something a little bit off that I could recommend to a localization company. Looking at some screens, I figured, "it's very shoujo, but it's also a dancing-as-action game, so it probably won't bore people who don't like text."

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#5 Post by Vatina »

I read about this earlier, looks cute. I don't know if I'll get it though... it may look a bit too cute. But who knows.

Yesterday I came across that Atlus forum. Is it just me, or are people really hostile there? o_O

GLACIER
Regular

#6 Post by GLACIER »

Yesterday I came across that Atlus forum. Is it just me, or are people really hostile there? o_O
While I like many of Atlus USA's games, I've always found their employees and forum members to be extremely arrogant (simultaneously, many of these idiots know nothing about the game market/industry, despite their elitism as "hardcore Atlus fans". They're mindless sheep, and the company knows it). That's why I rarely read the boards.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#7 Post by Watercolorheart »

Offtopic, but I find other forums just as hostile as well ... I went on Wakfu's to ask around about the DS game (trailer was over a year and half ago) and missing character images and the release date for the PC game and got completely flamed.

I would have stayed, but for that ...
I'm not even the same person anymore

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by gekiganwing »

Finally bought this game. I must be terrible at stylus action games, though, because I'm failing *early on.*

I wasn't sure at first if Princess Debut would resemble an ADV game, but whattaya know, it did. The intro sequence was very similar to a traditional visual novel. For instance, the heroine met several princes right in a row. She was able to give them a variety of replies, from "friendly" to "standoffish."

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#9 Post by rioka »

:stares at gekiganwing: Ummm.... but how can you fail the waltz? O_O Maybe you should practice more in the practice mode... The dances get harder especially the Funicili Funicila (sp?). But anyways, I got this several weeks ago and I just completed the whole game (got everyone's ending, all accessories, etc. etc.). Good game overall. Highly recommended. :3

I'm kinda shocked to hear the animosity to this game at the Atlus forum. It's a shame I think. If you ever check out the Gamefaqs forum and head to the Princess Debut section, they're all cool with the game. Most I think are girls but there are some guys there as well. :)

On another note, Natsume recently had a HM drawing contest. I entered a drawing and wrote at the back that I loved Princes Debut, have they considered Princess Maker? Don't know if it'll work but who knows... ;P

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#10 Post by papillon »

Some people (usually guys and girls trying to impress guys) can be very harsh on anything 'girly'. As if it's a mortal affront to their sensibilities that anyone might ever create a game not intended specifically for them. :roll: