Opinions to start a new project

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
LJEARTS

Opinions to start a new project

#1 Post by LJEARTS »

hi guys i'm new to the forum and visual novels in general.. I've really played very few
I am an illustrator, writer and programmer, I am working on a graphic adventure style video game, being the first commercial game for me...
and i'm finishing it.... if you wanna check it = https://esterasbros.itch.io/leeward-episode-1
But that is not important

I want to do a second project experimenting with visual novels, and I decided to register in these types of forums to be able to get feedback and be able to do something better, and obviously meet people who are interested in my project and want to contribute things like a community of fans

I'd like to ask you a simple question to get started=
I have several ideas to make several visual novels, but I want to start with two that I have... Which of these two ideas is more cool to you?

1- You are a young wrestler that is making your way in the world of the indies while improving your character and meeting people, relationships, etc., until you reach the maximum wrestling company and you are a few years in it (more content could be added with updates)

2- You are a medieval fantasy character in a cyberpunk style dystopian future, where you improve your character, characteristics, etc., you meet people, and you fight in dungeons, secondary stories etc.

I would like to know your opinion, so... I'll begin to create the bases of this new project with your opinions

more late i'll determine deeper elements of the story, gameplay, monetization, or will it be a free game based on patreon support, idk

I await your opinions!!!

MapletreePaper
Regular
Projects: Language Barrier
Organization: Naval Maple Media
Discord: MapletreePaper

Re: Opinions to start a new project

#2 Post by MapletreePaper »

As a fellow creative, I prefer not to tell people what they should or shouldn't write. I think both of the ideas you proposed could work if implemented well.

That being said, the wrestling plot would likely have a niche audience compared to the dystopian one. I'll be blunt, I really don't care about wrestling and would personally find it difficult to get invested in a story revolving around it. The dystopian future, on the other hand, is much more general and would probably pull in more players (like me) as a result.

Again, I believe both would work, but the second plot is the only one which catches my interest.
Hope this helps.

LJEARTS

Re: Opinions to start a new project

#3 Post by LJEARTS »

thanks man... I will keep it in mind