[Closed] Need a Character Sprite Artist who can match this style.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Mr. Clarke

[Closed] Need a Character Sprite Artist who can match this style.

#1 Post by Mr. Clarke »

Okay! Hey y'all, I was wondering if anyone out there's any good at copying artstyles?

Basically, a while back we contacted an artist who did a lot of good work, then strangely disappeared suddenly. (Update: Back in touch with the artist, so removed details)

However, we'd like to add one more character if we can get the right artist who can make a sprite that fits in with this style, a blonde waitress.

The character in question is a minor character that wound up with more lines than initially expected, so while we *could* manage without a sprite for her (she's still not super important overall), it'd be nice to have her in the scene while she's talking.

It's a paid position for a commercial project, for one sprite and around six expressions. Sprites are large (Approx 2000 x 2400) to fit 4K resolutions, and can be supplied for reference if need be.

Again, it's important that this sprite fits her style and doesn't look overly out of place, which understandably may be a difficult ask - and please don't be offended if we decide not to use you for this reason. Even individually excellent artwork will be unusable in the project if the stylistic clash is too great.

Please reply here or on skype (kayin.amoh) with examples of your work and commission price. If chosen you'll also be included in the credits as a sprite artist. Payment preferably made through Paypal.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Mr. Clarke on Tue May 31, 2022 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

1emzee1
Discord: emzee8886

Re: [Paid] Need a Character Sprite Artist who can match this style.

#2 Post by 1emzee1 »

Last edited by 1emzee1 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Clarke

#3 Post by Mr. Clarke »

Appreciate you letting me know! I'm trying to get in touch with the original sprite artist right now, but if that fails again I'll likely be in touch.

Thanks!

Yugen

#4 Post by Yugen »

Hello!
I have some experience in imitation different styles.
Portfolio: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6y1izerki1ls ... MDCXa?dl=0

Mr. Clarke

#5 Post by Mr. Clarke »

Hey there!

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate it. I've looked through both your portfolios and seen some good work in there.

Surprisingly I actually did manage to get back in touch with the original artist I mentioned (she's been out of contact for quite some time) and while I'm not at liberty to say why she's been out of touch I will say that it's understandable.

She's now able to continue work, though I'll keep you both in mind for the future. Sorry about the offer not staying open!