Lint Not Working [SOLVED]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
MrRogerSmith
Regular
Projects: Leaving DNA
itch: impiousmonk

Lint Not Working [SOLVED]

#1 Post by MrRogerSmith »

I ran Lint without any problem, then I built my distributions, and then I tried to run Lint again and I got an error. The game loads fine (both through the Ren'py launcher and the distribution I built), but Lint seems to think it doesn't. I've attached the traceback file.

Any ideas?
Attachments
traceback.txt
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Last edited by MrRogerSmith on Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffster
Veteran

Re: Lint Not Working

#2 Post by jeffster »

OK, the traceback says you have a problem accessing 'lint.txt' in that folder.
I'm not sure if you have a problem with the user's permissions or something, but my guess is that "C:\Program Files\" might be protected from "unauthorized" modifications by user.
Then the solution might be to move Ren'Py folder somewhere else, not inside "C:\Program Files\" path.
If the problem is solved, please edit the original post and add [SOLVED] to the title. 8)

MrRogerSmith
Regular
Projects: Leaving DNA
itch: impiousmonk

Re: Lint Not Working

#3 Post by MrRogerSmith »

jeffster wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:29 am OK, the traceback says you have a problem accessing 'lint.txt' in that folder.
I'm not sure if you have a problem with the user's permissions or something, but my guess is that "C:\Program Files\" might be protected from "unauthorized" modifications by user.
Then the solution might be to move Ren'Py folder somewhere else, not inside "C:\Program Files\" path.
Thanks for the response. Turns out that for some reason Word was stuck in a "do you want to save" the last lint.txt file I had opened, but Windows wasn't showing it to me. A PC restart fixed it. I forgot the first solution to fix any tech problem: restart!