Deji's stuff

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Deji's stuff

#16 Post by N0UGHTS »

DaFool wrote:Of course with anime nearly everyone will be lean since they're adolescents. But I'm almost finished with a couple of CG sets where the guy is just bishounen enough while at the same time he has a bit of muscle so that guys would think "Cool! I'd like to be HIM!"
Lean doesn't mean "slim and lacking muscles." XD I always thought lean (when applied to a person) meant "slim yet muscular, but not to the point of looking like they're on anabolic steroids." Of course, that's just me... Though if you search "lean guy" on Google, you can find a lot of cute hunks young men along the lines of what I'm thinknig is "lean," who don't look like bodybuilders (...to me, they're like... tanks... Big, scary, muscular tanks...).

Maybe I should use an example from an ADV, but you know, it might not be work-safe. Looking at non-sexual-in-any-way pictures of half-naked women is big enough for a scandal, but half naked men? Even worse. XD

Aww, whatever. I guess you should just draw whatever kind of guy you find attractive. EXCEPT FOR BODYBUILDERS. Or morbidly obese people... Or anyone who's a hairy bear...

Oh dear. We've turned Deji's art studio thread into a conversation about which kinds of guys are more attractive. XD
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

sciencewarrior
Veteran
Projects: Valentine Square (writer) Spiral Destiny (programmer)

#17 Post by sciencewarrior »

N0UGHTS wrote:Maybe I should use an example from an ADV, but you know, it might not be work-safe. Looking at non-sexual-in-any-way pictures of half-naked women is big enough for a scandal, but half naked men? Even worse. XD
It's okay as long as he has guns. Lots of guns.
N0UGHTS wrote:Aww, whatever. I guess you should just draw whatever kind of guy you find attractive. EXCEPT FOR BODYBUILDERS. Or morbidly obese people... Or anyone who's a hairy bear...
I'm a hairy, morbidly obese bodybuilder, and I feel slighted by this off-handed comment.

But to get back to the main point... I think it's hard to say the sex of that instructor you drew from that page alone. Maybe that's a good reason to give him more masculine attributes, like broader shoulders and a square jaw. Of course, for all I know, he may be an elf or something similar, so the DiCaprio/Bloom look may be perfectly adequate.

By the way, I like how you changed intentar to hacer. There is no try, huh?
Keep your script in your Dropbox folder.
It allows you to share files with your team, keeps backups of previous versions, and is ridiculously easy to use.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#18 Post by Deji »

God, it's been a while since I drew something randomly just for fun~~

Drawn at my BF's place, while he was playing WOW
080910_girl.jpg
Lineart
080910_girl_lin.jpg
Quick coloring that I don't intend to finish because I got lazy and I have things to do anyway....
080910_girl.jpg
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#19 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

:shock: :D

WOW. I'm going to attempt to give you constructive criticism in the form of not having anything bad to say about this, focusing on telling you where you're strong instead.

You have excellent grasp of anatomy, make good use of bold color and make very good use of cel-style shading.

Your expressions are also subtle. That's hard to do well. (I wonder a little if you've ever heard of the "Six Universal Expressions" studies?) I can do loud and clear emotion, and I can do mixed emotion, but subtle emotion eludes me.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

YuMMz
Regular

#20 Post by YuMMz »

Looks great as usual, although I don't fully understand the skirt. Perhaps it is just do to the fact that its a sketch and doesn't have shading, but the part that is blowing up in the air and you can see underneath seems odd.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Looks to me like it's got a curve cut out of it.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

sciencewarrior wrote:But to get back to the main point... I think it's hard to say the sex of that instructor you drew from that page alone. Maybe that's a good reason to give him more masculine attributes, like broader shoulders and a square jaw. Of course, for all I know, he may be an elf or something similar, so the DiCaprio/Bloom look may be perfectly adequate.
I used to have a MAJOR problem with my dudes looking feminine - now, not so much. If you need some pointer's I'll be happy to provide them.

Deji

#23 Post by Deji »

Good Lord... I've agreed to do something that's gonna eat up my month! yay!

So don't expect me around here for one month.... unless I'm procrastinating!

Now a WIP:
vincapjs_wip.jpg
I really dislike linearting stuff, even if it's my own =_=;;;;
Tumblr | Twitter

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by N0UGHTS »

I think her left eye is too high...

Aww! Poor girly! Maybe she could use a hug from big bro... Lewd... thoughts... invading... mind... must... stop...
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#25 Post by yummy »

I think that's the purpose of a WIP, not being optimized yet.
Gotta see how it turns out after the full coloring process.
The pose is cute! I nearly did the same pose but with a chibi (portraying my bro out of sleep) instead of a full character.
Keep up the good work ^^
頑張れ~

Deji

#26 Post by Deji »

Finished!
cover.jpg
BTW, it's a (web)comic cover, that ha snothing o do with my character being in pjs xD; That was a request fro my comic battle rival =P
Now I need to actually draw the comic ^^;

*goes back to work*
Tumblr | Twitter

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by monele »

As much as I wasn't too big on the sketch, this version just sold it to me ^_^

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#28 Post by jack_norton »

Ha a webcomic. But... they pay you to make it? just curious :oops: I never read webcomics, seems weird to me, I prefer the old way, on paper...
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

sciencewarrior
Veteran
Projects: Valentine Square (writer) Spiral Destiny (programmer)

#29 Post by sciencewarrior »

Me, I got VN-curious after reading Megatokyo. No Need for Bushido is also hilarious, and very well drawn. That said, Girl Genius is by far my favorite. Romance! Adventure! Mad Science!

(While NNFB is strictly ad-based, the other two sell the collected stories in yummy volumes)
Keep your script in your Dropbox folder.
It allows you to share files with your team, keeps backups of previous versions, and is ridiculously easy to use.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Showsni »

I was rather surprised to see a volume of Megatokyo in my local library... It's a very small library too...