Bloom in Summer [Otome game~for girl only]. Help needed...

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
yu_eriyama
Regular
Projects: Dance Fest, HM, ITD, BRose, Perios

Bloom in Summer [Otome game~for girl only]. Help needed...

#1 Post by yu_eriyama »

Hi, my name is Yuen, and currently I'm making an OTOME visual game. If you don't know Otome, it's type of game for girls only (the main character is a girl), it's also called Love sim game/Love ADV. I'll explain my background later, but first, let me introduce the game ^__^

TITLE: BLOOM IN SUMMER
TYPE: Otome Love SIM
This is your main target, Seiji Akira:
Akira is your classmate also childhood friend. Ten years ago, Akira and you went to the sea and an accident happened. He barely saved you, but the feelings of trauma still within you two. His hobby is swimming and running. He likes “pure?” type dress, and Europe foods. And he likes to watch action & comedy movie. In the end, he really care about you. However, he has a big problem that you only have 30 days left for him to love you…!

This is you and your friend:
Yuuko can help you to get close to Akira. She will accompany you on Saturday to go shopping. Or she can tell you about Akira’s top secret information!
You are normal high school student. You are pretty cute, smart, and feminine. Try to build up various status so you will become different character in the end.

More about STORY:
It’s August summer holiday! Actually, it’s a good chance to go swimming together with Akira, but you are afraid of water… And if you can’t swim until next exam (October), you can’t go on school trip to Hawaii T__T. That’s why you ask Akira to teach you to swim. And for the payment, you have to do all Akira’s summer assignment (so cruel…).
But, hey! That’s means you can see him everyday. Choose you working day (Monday-Friday) to go swimming or do the homework together. There will be many events between you and Akira. Those events will raise his Love meter for you. However, you don’t have much time, before summer holiday ends, you have to make him really loves you. Or he will leave you, forever…BAD Ending!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
If you are interested to this game, below is the background of this game:
This game is original, and this type of game is very popular in Japan. I really likes otome games and dreaming to make one. I guess Renpy program is simple (maybe…?) but since I never do programming, I really confused to work on it. So, I really appreciated any help I would find to get on this game career. Making a game is really dream comes true to me!

About this game:
Story – Script : me
Character Art : me
BG Art : me
Sound & Music : me (my piano skill really helps!)
Layout, Scene, and other other Programmer: uh…me?
Mini games: ugh…I don’t have slightest idea how to put it
Proofread & translation: English is not my 1st language, so I might need help someone correcting my (bad) English…
Voice cast: all by me! (hahaha just joking…)

About character art & story, I think I can handle it. But if anyone want to help me, I’ll really appreciate it! The important is you have to love working on it. Because I can’t assure 100% to sell this game. But if it turns out quite good and worth to sell, then why not?
If you need to contact me for more information, please feel free to reply this topic, or you can pm me in private, or send me email (yu_eriyama@yahoo.com), or pm me in yahoo messenger (ID: yu_eriyama). Thank you very much! 本当に ありがとう ございます。For your attention. And sorry for so many mistakes m(_ _)m

MORE about game:
Total play-time: 30 days (divides into 3 sections: Morning, Afternoon, Night)
Total Events and Special Events: 23+
Total Mini Games: 4
Total CGs: 30+
Total BGs: 20+
Total ED: Best (5), Good (2), Bad (1)
Total poses for Akira: 5+
Others will be decided later…

Evila
Projects: Untitled Otome/Adventure Game

Re: Bloom in Summer [Otome game~for girl only]. Help needed...

#2 Post by Evila »

Oh wow... so many girl game projects lately! I'm like a kid in a candy store here, haha. Sadly I can't help with programming as I haven't even touched Ren'Py yet (I wanna finish writing my story first orz). I can definitely help with proofreading though, so if you ever want to send any game text my way via private message, I'll be happy to check it out and send back some corrections.
( '-')b

smilodon
Projects: The ever-enthralling "Untitled" (/sarcasm) - about 40% complete

#3 Post by smilodon »

Yay! Another girl game!
If you do need help in writing/proof-reading/editing, I'd be more than happy to help, seeing as it's really my only strength in this gaming world (I'm terrible at art/music/programming). For what it's worth, I'm actually an English tutor at my high school. Contact me through PM anytime if you'd like me to help out.

Novinha
Regular
Projects: Scelta

#4 Post by Novinha »

Nice samples, especially considering that you're working solo... You remind me of AzurexTwilight and her project, I'll ask her to contact you so that you two can share knowledge and perhaps help advance each other's otome game project.
~ Si vis pacem, para bellum ~
# Flavius Vegetius Renatus #

#5 Post by Guest »

Looks promising to me. :D

Although the mini-games are out of my reach and I'm still learning the framework for the sim, I'd be happy to help (a bit) in programming. I might be able to help at character art as well, although I'm not sure my style will fit.

I'll contact you later if you want.

yu_eriyama
Regular

#6 Post by yu_eriyama »

Evila wrote:Oh wow... so many girl game projects lately! I'm like a kid in a candy store here, haha. Sadly I can't help with programming as I haven't even touched Ren'Py yet (I wanna finish writing my story first orz). I can definitely help with proofreading though, so if you ever want to send any game text my way via private message, I'll be happy to check it out and send back some corrections.
Thanks for replying ^_^, Wow, you're doing Otome games too. What kind of story? Are you doing multyple guys?
As for me, I'm still writing script detail and maybe I'll need your help later. I'm really looking forward for your game.

yu_eriyama
Regular

#7 Post by yu_eriyama »

smilodon wrote:Yay! Another girl game!
If you do need help in writing/proof-reading/editing, I'd be more than happy to help, seeing as it's really my only strength in this gaming world (I'm terrible at art/music/programming). For what it's worth, I'm actually an English tutor at my high school. Contact me through PM anytime if you'd like me to help out.
Wooow @_@ English tutor! Sugoi~. I'll definitely need your help for correcting my errors. Perhaps can you speak Japanese too? Thank you for your help. I'll contact you if I have finished writing all my script ^_^

yu_eriyama
Regular

#8 Post by yu_eriyama »

Novinha wrote:Nice samples, especially considering that you're working solo... You remind me of AzurexTwilight and her project, I'll ask her to contact you so that you two can share knowledge and perhaps help advance each other's otome game project.
Hello, thank you. I've played your game too, too bad it isn't colored yet. Are you doing the Background using CS4?
AzurexTwilight? Hmm, I guess I'll try playing it. Thanks for your concern ^0^

yu_eriyama
Regular

#9 Post by yu_eriyama »

Guest wrote:Looks promising to me. :D

Although the mini-games are out of my reach and I'm still learning the framework for the sim, I'd be happy to help (a bit) in programming. I might be able to help at character art as well, although I'm not sure my style will fit.

I'll contact you later if you want.
Hi, of course I want! It's okay if you can't do the mini games (I know only a genius can made them). But if you want to, I will be really happy if you want to help me. Even if you are still learning, it's same for me. Making a game is first time for me.
So maybe you can practice programming with me together?

#10 Post by Guest »

yu_eriyama wrote:Hi, of course I want! It's okay if you can't do the mini games (I know only a genius can made them). But if you want to, I will be really happy if you want to help me. Even if you are still learning, it's same for me. Making a game is first time for me.
So maybe you can practice programming with me together?
Alright, I've sent an email to you. Hope it won't get into the spam folder. ;)

Evila
Projects: Untitled Otome/Adventure Game

#11 Post by Evila »

yu_eriyama wrote:
Evila wrote:Oh wow... so many girl game projects lately! I'm like a kid in a candy store here, haha. Sadly I can't help with programming as I haven't even touched Ren'Py yet (I wanna finish writing my story first orz). I can definitely help with proofreading though, so if you ever want to send any game text my way via private message, I'll be happy to check it out and send back some corrections.
Thanks for replying ^_^, Wow, you're doing Otome games too. What kind of story? Are you doing multyple guys?
As for me, I'm still writing script detail and maybe I'll need your help later. I'm really looking forward for your game.
I'll save the story info for when I get my thread up... but yeah, there's gonna be multiple guys. Three guys and one girl to get an ending with. Anywho, thanks for the response, will be glad to help anytime you need it. Good luck! :D
( '-')b

Nimuell
Regular
Projects: Cold Hands, Beautiful Boring People

#12 Post by Nimuell »

Yay, another otome game, I'm so glad TvT*tears of joy* The idea sounds really promising and interesting as well. I liked character art (wich looks really close to professional artworks), backgrounds and the main concept too..
So keep up good work and don't give up! I'm so glad that someone is interested in making otome games, since there are so little of them on ren'ai archive...

I could also help, but only with some art critique. Well, if you don't mind offcource :3
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.nimuell.deviantart.com/

Novinha
Regular
Projects: Scelta

#13 Post by Novinha »

Nope, my BG illustrator used some kind of 3d modeling software methinks (3ds?). Recruiting decent amateur colorists turned out to be quite hard, hence the b/w demo ^_^;
~ Si vis pacem, para bellum ~
# Flavius Vegetius Renatus #

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#14 Post by azureXtwilight »

Nice art!!!! Cool! I really like it so far, considering there's a lack of otome games lately. Too bad there's only one obtainable boy...
But it looks promising!
You're going to put mini game as well? *Woow!*
I'll be sure to play this game when it's up!

yu_eriyama
Regular

#15 Post by yu_eriyama »

Nimu-chan wrote:Yay, another otome game, I'm so glad TvT*tears of joy* The idea sounds really promising and interesting as well. I liked character art (wich looks really close to professional artworks), backgrounds and the main concept too..
So keep up good work and don't give up! I'm so glad that someone is interested in making otome games, since there are so little of them on ren'ai archive...

I could also help, but only with some art critique. Well, if you don't mind offcource :3
Thank you so much. I’m really glad you like the art. But I'm still madamada to professional, still far away T__T. Making this game also is a chance for me to upgrade my skills, so please! Don’t hesitate to give me comment & critics. Your art is very lovely! And they look alive, I really like your styles, I wish I can color like that.
I will put some upgrades, maybe CGs or sprites I have done so far for this game, here. Please see it later when you have time ^___^. Let’s do our best together. Otagai ganbatte~!

PS: I really envy your background. Are you using real photo and Photoshop? Can you tell me how you manipulate the photograph? Please...